Vrs 184 revo remap results

Hi all

I've had my 2015 Skoda 184 VRS estate revo'd here are the results comment as you like!

I had the oil/filter changed just before remap it had done approx 11,000 miles at time of re map, always been run on branded fuel normally shell or Esso. The ambient temperature at time of remap was approx 27 degrees so quiet a hot day, little down on torque which is disappointing anyone know why?

I hope the link below works and takes you to a picture of the map, let me know if it doesn't

Pre-map

Power 183.3 bhp at 3,872 rpm

Torque 256.9 lbft at 3,357 rpm

Post-map

Power 230.1 bhp at 4,545 rpm

Torque 320.4 lbft at 2,402 rpm

https://goo.gl/photos/JuMA2qJJmFKv44yHA

• Like 3

That looks impressive to me :) however I now fancy doing the same to mine! Haha.

Where did you get the remap done?

That's scary. That would stomp all over a tsi off the lights by the looks of things. Can you switch that sort of thing off or is it permanently on and how does it affect warranty?

How does a remap affect the dpf? I would imagine the increased soot would clog it up more. How does it perform long term?

Edited by Mallettsmallett

Got it done at Clive Atthowe.

You struggle to get the grip down off the lights you really have to modulate the throttle, you can switch it off with an sps box. Not sure on warranty or DPF, sure it will be fine.

No comment on insurance!

That's scary. That would stomp all over a tsi off the lights by the looks of things. Can you switch that sort of thing off or is it permanently on and how does it affect warranty?

How does a remap affect the dpf? I would imagine the increased soot would clog it up more. How does it perform long term?

Just buy a TSI you won't need to map it. You'll lose your licence with either version...

• Like 1

Not sure it would if on a level playing field considering a stage 1 mapped TSI kicks out 330bhp+ and over 370flbt, either way both very quick cars.

Not sure it would if on a level playing field considering a stage 1 mapped TSI kicks out 330bhp+ and over 370flbt, either way both very quick cars.

Stage 1, 330bhp+

Really?

• Like 1

Stage 1, 330bhp+

Really?

REVO quote 313-333ps on stage 1.

Stage 2 takes it up to 353ps

Must.........

...........resist.......

............................remapping!!

I wouldn't be disappointed with that, just look how the torque line goes between 1500-2000 rpm! that is quite a big dollop.

The power line is nice and smooth as well.

I'm running a DTuk box atm, but i think after seeing that I must get mine Revo'd to, I've been waiting for them to have another sale though as I missed the last one by a couple of days!

(2.0Tsi VRS)

I'm not sure I see the point on a car that doesn't have clever ediffs and such that will help you get that power down in a fwd car? It's a nice thought but on a day to day basis....

Do these models have dmfs? If so, they won't take kindly to that increase in torque surely?

I'm not sure I see the point on a car that doesn't have clever ediffs and such that will help you get that power down in a fwd car? It's a nice thought but on a day to day basis....

Do these models have dmfs? If so, they won't take kindly to that increase in torque surely?

I had a 500bhp/420lbft Golf R MK6 on a standard 6 speed DSG box with only mapping and it coped perfectly.

Shouldn't be any problems coping with 300+lbft.

I had a 500bhp/420lbft Golf R MK6 on a standard 6 speed DSG box with only mapping and it coped perfectly.

Shouldn't be any problems coping with 300+lbft.

But how long for? Is it likely to be the same part on the R as the tdi vrs? Genuine question.

They are eye wateringly expensive to replace and I wouldn't want to run a welded bodge on a daily basis.

I guess only time will tell.

Edited by Mallettsmallett

a lot of dyno lottery being played...only as accurate as the operator wants it to be :notme:

That's why I make a point of having mine dyno'd on a few machines to get a comparison. Although to me it's more about how it performs on the road, after all with all that power, it's more about in gear than out right 0-60 dash.

But how long for? Is it likely to be the same part on the R as the tdi vrs? Genuine question.

They are eye wateringly expensive to replace and I wouldn't want to run a welded bodge on a daily basis.

I guess only time will tell.

Valid question, I'm sure Hurdy will be back to comment, I've followed some of his stuff and think the guy knows what he's talking about to be honest.

I've run my TSI mapped for the last 25k miles without a problem, I'm now on just over 42k miles and so far so good, no issues with the box. Mines pushing out over 368flbt and 330bhp with no other mods. It's also still able to achieve 40+mpg which is insane considering the power on tap.

Hops this helps.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be disappointed with that, just look how the torque line goes between 1500-2000 rpm! that is quite a big dollop.

The power line is nice and smooth as well.

I'm running a DTuk box atm, but i think after seeing that I must get mine Revo'd to, I've been waiting for them to have another sale though as I missed the last one by a couple of days!

(2.0Tsi VRS)

It is a Very smooth map I must admit!

To be honest yeah it will spin up in the dry in 2nd but so would a lot of things with that power you just have to modulate your right foot but it's fine to be honest it really doesn't need a different set up on the front end or an LSD and I've had a car with a LSD before so I know what difference it would make.