Which alloys

Have a 2014 Superb L&K  estate (metal grey metallic) and last year decided to get a set of winder tyres. The fitter managed to damage 2 when fitting them so, this year I am thinking of getting a set of alloys to go with the Nokian WR A3.

I know tastes vary but wanted to gauge opinion as to what people think would look best:

1. S Force

2. GMF...

3. Sciroco

4.My preference

What do you think?

from your username, are you in dublin?

If so there is a guy selling a brand new (never on a car) set of 18" skoda oem luxons for around 500 euro (not me I hasten to add) which look pretty good on the car

Edited by tmg

If so there is a guy selling a brand new (never on a car) set of 18" skoda oem luxons for around 500 euro (not me I hasten to add) which look pretty good on the car

OE wheels every day of the week, unless you go for a manufacturer that makes wheels for rallying, especially on bad roads cheap wheel can bend very easily. 

OE wheels every day of the week, unless you go for a manufacturer that makes wheels for rallying, especially on bad roads cheap wheel can bend very easily. 

No, no, no, no no.  All the OEM wheels look like they're off a grandad's car.  ANY of the ones dubincalling is after would improve the look of the car in my opinion.  :rock:

Talking of opinions, dontcha just love them?  I know not everyone likes the after-market ones I put on, but I feel like breaking out into a round of applause every time I see them.

NewWheels_zps5c4bd896.jpg

Hi tmg,

I live in Droichead Nua but work in Dublin. Can you put me in touch  via MM with person selling the Luxon's please?

Edited by dubincalling

My vote is for 

Sciroco then GMF (these look a little like OEM VW/Audi wheels which is good). A polished wheel (clear coated) might suffer on winter roads (if my Thermistos are anything to go by). The dark Scirocos will need the least cleaning. Also my Thermistos bent quite easily so I'm not going to vote for OEM, just make sure the brand is reputable. Good luck!

• Like 1

The best looking wheels are the ones already on it, the Sirius  :D

skoda-superb-combi-laurin-klement-design

For winters I dropped down to 17's, a better mix of aesthetics and pot hole absorption.

The key for winter wheels is less fuss / detail. Big spokes make it easier to keep them clean.

I reckon the Sirius must be one of the most awkward wheels to clean?

• Like 1

I personally would go for a black colour wheel,stand's out from the rest of the boring silver alloy wheels and make an impact.

Maybe a full size spare at the same time and remember the internet price advertised can be haggled down !.

slainte :cocktail:

The best looking wheels are the ones already on it, the Sirius :D

skoda-superb-combi-laurin-klement-design

For winters I dropped down to 17's, a better mix of aesthetics and pot hole absorption.

The key for winter wheels is less fuss / detail. Big spokes make it easier to keep them clean.

I reckon the Sirius must be one of the most awkward wheels to clean?

agree with you on aesthetics of the Sirius but they certainly are difficult to clean! Satisfying job when complete though [emoji3].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry - Slightly off topic and a possible thick question...

Those Sirius look great!

Any issue (warranty, drive etc) changing the standard Helix to Sirius?

Edited by rampart