Heated door mirrors

Nels

With the mornings becoming colder I've started to use the heated rear window, in all other cars I've had this also made the heated mirrors kick in and clear them, apparently not on mine, they don't clear, there is a heater symbol on the switch, the car is sport spec so should have heated mirrors, is this yet another fault, or is there something I'm not doing?

Turning on the heated mirrors automatically when the heated rear window is engaged can be set up via VCDS or Carista (if you actually have heated mirrors). By default, heated mirrors are set to only work independently of the heated rear window.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Turning on the heated mirrors automatically when the heated rear window is engaged can be set up via VCDS or Carista (if you actually have heated mirrors). By default, heated mirrors are set to only work independently of the heated rear window.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

I have reams of menus with the Amundsen infotainment system to set-up stuff like which door(s) unlock with a single key press etc - stuff that I have seen folks on here say is done with VCDS or Carista. I even managed to adjust the length of time the coming home lights stay on for in the infotainment menus (I have auto lights and wipers). I might have a play in the menus later and see if I can set up a joined heated window/mirrors function. 

Otherwise the salesman told me to turn the window knob to the 9 oclock position and basically leave it there all the time (so the mirrors are always heated).

I have reams of menus with the Amundsen infotainment system to set-up stuff like which door(s) unlock with a single key press etc - stuff that I have seen folks on here say is done with VCDS or Carista. I even managed to adjust the length of time the coming home lights stay on for in the infotainment menus (I have auto lights and wipers). I might have a play in the menus later and see if I can set up a joined heated window/mirrors function. 

Otherwise the salesman told me to turn the window knob to the 9 oclock position and basically leave it there all the time (so the mirrors are always heated).

How do you get to all the fun menus in amundsen then?

I've just spent the extra money and done it all with Carista.

I'll be gutted if it can be done free.

Edited by camelspyyder

Weren't in my Amundsen. You can't do it and it's not even in the Manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There ain't that many settings in the Amundsen, have we got the same unit????

There isn't many. There's no car settings. Couldn't even see it in the manual. I think the MK3 Octy has them or even if it's a Seat addition ?

Mine was the Amundsen +.

Mine does seem to be a more up-to-date unit - the screen is bigger than in the 2014 car I test-drove and the salesman was giving some patter about a revised unit with fewer knobs and buttons and more emphasis on touch-screen? Mine doesn't have a central knob under the screen, just volume on the left and a scroll/zoom knob on the right.

That's not an Amundsen (at least, not the one any of us have seen). That looks like the new touch screen unit (with the CD player in the glove box) that Robbydazzler recently posted about (that is fitted to his Toledo).

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Yes - and also does not have a CD slot either. I've put my music from iTunes onto an SD card. The unit displays all the artist and track details, even the artwork! I'm impressed.

So if it isn't Amundsen, what is it? The Manual says Amundsen.