ŠKODA Octavia RS: Now with all-wheel drive and six-speed DSG

They should have put the BiTdi 2.0tdi 240bhp, made it 4x4 and called the VRSR.......I would definitely have been signing up for one then and if it made it to these shores. IMHO of all VAG brands on sale at present Skoda has the best overall design. 

Edited by VRS@CW

That argument is a load of cobblers, as we all well know!

Potential buying audience of such a combination of drivetrain and fuel type (at this present moment in time) is the more logical reason.

By guessing the current overpricing you might just buy an used S6 or RS6. 

Was wondering how long before the 'well you could buy this used' comparisons started :D

Both of those will have the same running costs as a new, warrantied Skoda. Definitely.

• Like 3

A 184 TDI DSG 4x4 (non Scout) is already available in some markets (even RHD!) so its not such a leap to make it into a vRS.

Probably too much of a leap to put the 2.0 TSi into the 1.8TSi 4x4 and as SUK won't even sell the 1.8 4x4 I wouldn't hold my breath for the vRS TSi 4x4

Just Skoda getting the Golf Alltrack estate in a sporty package.................

They won't do a petrol 4x4 in Octavia as that will impinge on the Golf R hatch & estate.............

Can't see how a 220hp 4x4 would effect sales of the R.

If they did a 4x4 version of the Seat Leon Cupra 280, maybe, but a car at least 80hp down on the R is hardly going to effect it.

Just my opinion mind. I'd much prefer the Cupras setup in an Octavias body but that isn't going to happen...

And lost 0.5 second of the 0-60 and 6mph of the top speed!

I just feel if their is no TSI then should it really have a vRS badge. Drag race put a mk1 again the mk1 st170. Now put the possible new vRS again the current ST. I'm sue the tables will have turned a little.

There was actually a thread on Focus STOC where a MK3 ST owner was claiming he got his arse handed to him by a MK3 vRS. Wasn't that long ago either.

as i said on the face book, I wonder if it will get to the point where your Octavia vRS comes in just 2 flavours

A 230bhp petrol FWD, or a 180hp Diesel  with 4WD

styling aside, what would make this different from the 180bhp scout ?

If they're going to add wieght with the 4wd system, it would have been nice for them to give it more power.

this seems to fit with the idea Skoda have that people just want the vRS for its styling - so rather than make it perform any faster/better than the other models, they make it just a different set of "clothes" for the same thing underneath. Soon vRS will mean the same as "Monte Carlo" or "Sportline" - all show, but no extra go !

• Like 1

this seems to fit with the idea Skoda have that people just want the vRS for its styling - so rather than make it perform any faster/better than the other models, they make it just a different set of "clothes" for the same thing underneath. Soon vRS will mean the same as "Monte Carlo" or "Sportline" - all show, but no extra go !

Agree. Don't get me wrong I would still buy one when looking for a nice family TDI car as I'm a big fan of the new improved quality. But I do think that if they drop the TSI (especially now they offer the 230) then they should think about dropping the vRS badge and change to Monte Carlo.

Bring back the heart of the Real RS I say, more power then a Golf GTI and same as a normal Cupra :)

• Like 2

It's not though is it. VRS has better brakes, firmer suspension and the progressive steering that none of the other Octavia's have.

These all make a big difference to driving feel regardless of how fast it gets to 60mph compared to the other models. The steering benefit alone over the standard models is a must have now IMO.

Edited by snala
  • Like 1

It's not though is it. VRS has better brakes, firmer suspension and the progressive steering that none of the other Octavia's have.

These all make a big difference to driving feel regardless of how fast it gets to 60mph compared to the other models. The steering benefit alone over the standard models is a must have now IMO.

Aint the suspension the same as the optional sportsuspension on all non-scout models?

Aint the suspension the same as the optional sportsuspension on all non-scout models?

Probably but you'd have to spec it at extra cost wouldn't you so it's worth something...?

Probably but you'd have to spec it at extra cost wouldn't you so it's worth something...?

It is a 150£ option.

But I really wish the steering was option too. It Sounds nice.

Well, the non-scout 4x4 184bhp diesel is already faster than the vrs tdi, so more power is hardly needed.

According to the manual it does 0-100kmh in just 7.2 seconds.

And for a change the manual is actually conservative in that estimate. With launch control and switching the gearbox to manual mode I've managed to get close to 7s. (In sport the DSG tries to rev the engine too high missing the torque band.)