What did you do to your Skoda today pt2

chrisgreen

Fitted the yellow powerflex dogbone mount insert.  Everything everyone says is right.  It has made the car feel much more connected and responsive, but at the cost of massive increase noise and vibrations at idle, low RPM, and biting point.  Time will tell if I keep it...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed the fan for the climate control.  Had a call from the wife on Friday saying no air con and no fan.  Ran through a few things with her over the phone and no joy so plugged in the diagnostics today - intermittent blow motor fault.

Checked all the fuses etc. and all OK so took the blower off and it was jammed solid.  Still plenty of meat on the brushes so took it apart, wire brushed all the crud and rust off the bearings, freed them up and lubricated them and tried it again in the footwell.

All fine so reassembled it, cleared the codes, tried it again, checked the codes again and all fine!

Saved myself £!70 for a pattern part replacement for the sake of 40 minutes work!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20 August 2017 at 21:54, skinnyman said:

Not exactly today but took it round the Arc de Triomphe this week!

17.JPG

Brave!!

did a couple of laps a few years ago, the wife had her eyes shut, so did I!! Great fun.

• Like 1

It's definitely an experience & I'll wake up sweating at 3am for years to come!  

To be honest though, I really enjoyed driving round Paris and once in the thick of things, it wasn't too bad at all.

The car did us proud, over 1500 miles and it didn't miss a beat.  Not bad for a 10 year old Skoda.:biggrin: