What do you love/ hate about your job?

@Lee

I like the job, but the boss is a real ar$ehole..................................Oh, hang on a minute I'm self employed. :giggle:

• Like 2

I'm an IT technical engineer for a car transporter company in Carlisle

Love: the banter with all the different departments, from traffic, to claims, to the workshop. Also seeing new Skodas going past the window on their way to their new homes / dealerships. Oh and the fact that the air musuem over the road from us has an Avro Vulcan pointed our way! :-)

Hate: The rudeness of some of the people from one or two car manufacturers (non VAG group, I hasten to add!)- if someone has a problem, let us know, don't start a massive rant about nothing - it just delays us getting to work on the issue!

RAF Aircraft Technician (Mechanical)

Love- the lads, banter, travel, hands on work not in an office.

Hate- Management not having a clue, management pulling out the morale sponge every 5 mins, worrying about what stupid decision the Govt are going to make next, a different perk to the job being taken away every 6 months, changing our contracts for the worse

Oh and if i wanted to PVR (leave) i would usually have to wait 6months thats now just changed to 12!

• 1 month later...

Love:

The people, the variety, the really BIG things we are involved in, the company rally cars (and vip passes to events!)the challenges, the opportunities, and of course - being in a job I enjoy doing.

The downsides:

50 mile commute, 2hours a day on the A19, hours can be long when we are busy, too many holidays (too weeks off over xmas nearly finished me off!)

Love:

The people, the variety, the really BIG things we are involved in, the company rally cars (and vip passes to events!)the challenges, the opportunities, and of course - being in a job I enjoy doing.

The downsides:

50 mile commute, 2hours a day on the A19, hours can be long when we are busy, too many holidays (too weeks off over xmas nearly finished me off!)

because my AL carry over was blocked (planned on using 4.5 days in 2016 for half day work from homes per week as per last yr) i had to take 3weeks or lose the days over xmas.. back on monday after 3wks off. The break was great, spending loads of time with the nearly 1yr old. But... i need to get out and doing stuff!!! Reached the point i was working out how to convert an old screw gun motor into a mini wind turbine after i realised on xmas eve its a PMM...