MY16 MIB2 coding

flybynite

Just to confirm when i get a chance to make changes the above just need to be changed back to "activated" state to fix MIB2 issues?

Yes.

Also just to check but did anyone ever lose the Driver Activity Monitor option from their menus too?  No mention of that go missing.

Do you mean Driver Alert System? If yes, this is what you need to code.

(176)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_weariness_recognition,activated

(178)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_weariness_recognition_over_threshold_ high,activated

(65)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-weariness_rcognition_0x22,activated

(66)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-weariness_rcognition_0x22_msg_bus,Databus Infotainment

• Like 2

Yes.

Do you mean Driver Alert System? If yes, this is what you need to code.

(176)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_weariness_recognition,activated

(178)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_weariness_recognition_over_threshold_ high,activated

(65)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-weariness_rcognition_0x22,activated

(66)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-weariness_rcognition_0x22_msg_bus,Databus Infotainment

Cool, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

As an aside, tried to stop the xenons comming on as CH/LH lights, it took the adaptions, all with a soft reset but does not seem to have had any effect. Anyone done this successfully on a MY16?

Yes, I did this without incident back in July. ie before the latest version of VCDS

• Like 1

Log with Ross Tech for advice, don't go changing WSC values without good reason

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Don't worry we left it alone. Too cold dark and snowy tonight. We'll reconvene at some stage when it's warmer and note the errors, grab logs etc

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Thanks again to Domhnall for his help. With a couple of turn car on and off again we eventually managed to overcome the wierd error and get my drive green page back up.

• Like 1

So going through the "activate" in check list (posted by flybynite) we managed to get the mirror options back with no issues but then started to get the error in the screens hot when trying to turn the convenience consumer menu back on.

We changed tact and turned on the lap timer in a different channel then went back, after a couple of on/offs we successfully turned on drive green menu but then started getting the same errors and "sporadic connection" errors on the adaption screen. Everything we had turned on seemed to be working so treated what we had done as "success" and called it a night.

Be interesting what you think about the issues though.

What cable? If it is a HEX-CAN you will get communication errors, that was the root cause of the issue.

Nothing you can do but keep trying.

The Micro-CAN is a newer chipset and doesn't suffer from the connection issues.

The difference in speed between a HEX-NET and HEX-CAN is quite staggering.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The difference in speed between a HEX-NET and HEX-CAN is quite staggering.

Can you give an estimation how faster is HEX-NET for example when getting full add. channel map of 09 in MQB? Half, less?

I'll do a comparison at some point this weekend, but an autoscan is like lightning in comparison when HEX-NET is connected via USB.

I'm still fidlling with my wireless network so I have decent coverage in the car when on the drive or in the garage to test the cloud functions and wireless connectivity to the laptop. I think wireless connectivity to the laptop in infrastructure mode will be my preferred method once I get the coverage sorted. The delights of living in a house constructed from solid stone!

• Like 3

If I was buying now for the first time I would buy a Micro-CAN - supports all CAN based cars, newer chipset than the HEX-CAN.

I can't remember the last time I connected to a non-CAN so no reason to buy a HEX-CAN any more really unless you need the legacy compatibility.

If you can afford it, HEX-NET is the future though, garlic bread :)

• Like 1

Is it worth getting a micro can cable? (it is cheaper to buy) I don't hear a lot of guys on here with them.

Take a look at the Compatibility chart to see if you are likely to use it on a non CAN based car (Fabia, Roomster, Rapid) if not then a Micro-Can may be enough for you.

• Like 1

Hello,

Is there anybody who got a Adaption .csv file form a 5F module with drive green menu still intact And/or lane assist still intact?

I got a few files but no one with lane of drivegreen menu in it. 

Iff you have will you post this here so i can compare the fault one and the OEM one? 

iff possible before friday when the gu is comming to me. When get some results i will post this right here. Its for everyone

Hello,

Is there anybody who got a Adaption .csv file form a 5F module with drive green menu still intact And/or lane assist still intact?

I got a few files but no one with lane of drivegreen menu in it. 

Iff you have will you post this here so i can compare the fault one and the OEM one? 

iff possible before friday when the gu is comming to me. When get some results i will post this right here. Its for everyone

Send me your email by PM. I have a scan of ''virgin'' Superb 3 with Columbus+Lane Assist made by 15.7.3 version.

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1