Octavia Estate Multifunction Box

One thing I really miss from my Octavia II estate is the plastic tray that sat below the front section of the luggage cover. It was ideal for raincoats, brollies and numerous other random bits that end up dotted around the car.

A perusal of the Octavia III estate accessories brochure brought the 'Multifunction box' 5E9 061 103 to my attention and I have recently bought one (£44 from the dealer - about the same as Superskoda with the postage).

It consists of two aluminium rails with a heavy vinyl panel between and it can be rolled up out of the way when not required. The front rail locates in two slots just behind the back seat and - when folded out - the rearmost rail hooks onto the forward 2 foldable bag hooks. Pictured below both in folded and unfolded mode:

MFB_close.JPG

MFB_open.JPG

At first I thought the vinyl 'shelf' seemed a little flimsy compared with the solid plastic 'box' in the Octavia II, but it claims to be able to hold up to 3kg, and certainly offers more usable space. Unlike the box in the Octavia II which could only be accessed from inside the car (under the lidded section of the luggage cover behind the back seat) this one can only be accessed from within the boot - which on balance I think I prefer. Lifting the hinged section of the luggage cover still gives access to the area of the boot behind the back seats even with the multifunction box deployed.

Given the amount of use it has had in the short time I have had it, I think it was a worthwhile investment and it further increases the versatility of the estates boot.

Edited by ccs-digital
  • Like 3

Came with the car in mine but had to toss it out after a couple of months - baby strollers and other junk took all the boot space  :|

Now its a dust collector in the garage for a good year and a half. Hopefully I'll be putting it back as soon as SWAMBO gets her new Fabia Estate and I move the junk to her trunk  :D

But otherwise yes, very useful piece of kit!

• 4 months later...

I'm going to show my brother that box - he works with metal and I am pretty damn certain he can produce me a couple of aluminium rails and that I can find a suitable piece of canvas and I'll make one - I bet it comes in at <<<£44!!  If I succeed I'll post a photo!

Edited by OctaviaJo

• 1 year later...
On 23/10/2015 at 00:28, ccs-digital said:

One thing I really miss from my Octavia II estate is the plastic tray that sat below the front section of the luggage cover. It was ideal for raincoats, brollies and numerous other random bits that end up dotted around the car.

A perusal of the Octavia III estate accessories brochure brought the 'Multifunction box' 5E9 061 103 to my attention and I have recently bought one (£44 from the dealer - about the same as Superskoda with the postage).

It consists of two aluminium rails with a heavy vinyl panel between and it can be rolled up out of the way when not required. The front rail locates in two slots just behind the back seat and - when folded out - the rearmost rail hooks onto the forward 2 foldable bag hooks. Pictured below both in folded and unfolded mode:

MFB_close.JPG

MFB_open.JPG

At first I thought the vinyl 'shelf' seemed a little flimsy compared with the solid plastic 'box' in the Octavia II, but it claims to be able to hold up to 3kg, and certainly offers more usable space. Unlike the box in the Octavia II which could only be accessed from inside the car (under the lidded section of the luggage cover behind the back seat) this one can only be accessed from within the boot - which on balance I think I prefer. Lifting the hinged section of the luggage cover still gives access to the area of the boot behind the back seats even with the multifunction box deployed.

Given the amount of use it has had in the short time I have had it, I think it was a worthwhile investment and it further increases the versatility of the estates boot.

What is the height between the boot floor to the bottom of the vinyl when unfolded? Thanks!