Easiest way to get old Skoda badges off boot, front grill and wheels...

Hi guys !

As thread title...

Replacing all the old green Skoda badges on my pre/fl vrs with the new all black Skoda badge...

What is the easiest way of removing the badges ?

The boot and grill look like it could be fun !

Definitely best to use a hairdryer to melt the glue on the back of the old badge before trying to remove it. Then use dental floss, fishing line or strong cotton thread to saw through the glue. Before fitting the new badge thoroughly clean any old glue / sticky pad residue from the car so that the new badge will be placed on a totally clean / clear area.

Definitely best to use a hairdryer to melt the glue on the back of the old badge before trying to remove it. Then use dental floss, fishing line or strong cotton thread to saw through the glue. Before fitting the new badge thoroughly clean any old glue / sticky pad residue from the car so that the new badge will be placed on a totally clean / clear area.

Thanks guys for the quick replies !

Would a old credit card or if used very carefully, a metal wallpaper scraper ?

Also would I need to mask area off around badge incase of any heat damage to paint whilst using hairdryer...

And lastly wheel badges are plastic inserts, is it possible to get old inserts out without taking wheels off ?

Thanking you very muchley !

I had to remove a badge from the grille of a car once and didn't have any fishing line etc.... so i put masking tape all around the chrome and used a small electrical screwdriver to pry the badge up after heating it with the hairdryer and the masking tape worked fine. Wouldn't like to use that technique on a badge on the bodywork though. Other than that though I've never used masking tape when removing the badges and using a hairdryer.

Centre caps..... I'm assuming you are replacing them with new caps??? If so the best and easiest way to remove the old ones without removing the wheels is to drill a small pilot hole into the centre of each one then use some long nose pliers to then pull the centre cap off. Obviously this leaves the old caps unusable.

I used a plastic trim removal tool (carefully) and cleaned the remaining goo with IPA and my fingernail.

Worked well with no damage to the car.

+1, thats how I did mine too.

Would a old credit card or if used very carefully, a metal wallpaper scraper ?

Also would I need to mask area off around badge incase of any heat damage to paint whilst using hairdryer...

And lastly wheel badges are plastic inserts, is it possible to get old inserts out without taking wheels off ?

Thanking you very muchley !

if you really must use anything metal near the paintwork then put masking tape around the badge and also over the scraper blade.

The caps can only be removed on the car by damaging them, do not try to prise them out near the alloy as you will probably damage the wheel,

this is probably the best way if the caps are already knackered:

Centre caps..... I'm assuming you are replacing them with new caps??? If so the best and easiest way to remove the old ones without removing the wheels is to drill a small pilot hole into the centre of each one then use some long nose pliers to then pull the centre cap off. Obviously this leaves the old caps unusable.

Hi , just bought some self adhesive badges from "keephimatbay" on ebay. Various sizes. The wheel centres were very good but the larger one for the bonnet not so successful, air pocket, but I think that might have been the lack of patience on my part. Not expensive and worth a look.

If you have an sticky residue left a bit of WD40 soon removes it. I would use anything metal, even if it is wrapped, on the body work credit card would be better.

Make sure the paint work is clean with some rubbing alcohol (IPA), glasses cleaner or window cleaner before applying new badges.