Skoda Fabia VRS mk2 exhaust Modification - Done - With videos

rerving

I think it sounds cracking! the motorway drone would be the only downside for me, but then again my music would always drown that out. Might be something I consider doing in the future. Really cheap modification as well. 

• Like 1

Cheers everyone, Im more than happy with it especially for the price compared to the ones exhaust companies are producing. 

I dont really notice the motorway noise, music can cover that up, or just shout a bit louder if you have people in the back :P 

I've been looking into getting an oem shaped straight pipe to swap for backbox as centre silencer is welded to cat pipe.

Did the back box delete make a big difference over just the centre silencer?

• Like 1

I've been looking into getting an oem shaped straight pipe to swap for backbox as centre silencer is welded to cat pipe.

Did the back box delete make a big difference over just the centre silencer?

I had the centre silencer cut out first, was a nice little noise increase, not too loud.

Taking the back box off made it a lot louder. more pops and bangs, DSG "Farts" on every change. 

So yes, quite a difference. 

You could try "bandaging" The stainless pipe, the way some motorcycles have theirs done. (Heat resistant wrap, clipped on with ties). Looks a little naff in my opinion but cuts down on sound through the sidewall of the pipe, leaving just the exiting, cool notes! Keep it a little shy of the end, where it could be seen.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you got the link to those exhaust parts you bought on ebay for £80?

Would this fit the Polo GTI and is it legal?

I'm sure you could buy the same parts and make it fit the polo. I'm sure this is legal, only thing which I don't think is technically legal is removing the catalytic converter? May be wrong though. (Obviously a lot of people do it anyway)

I'm sure you could buy the same parts and make it fit the polo. I'm sure this is legal, only thing which I don't think is technically legal is removing the catalytic converter? May be wrong though. (Obviously a lot of people do it anyway)

Thanks for that.

I believe a sports cat is legal as it still contains a catalytic converter within it? I maybe wrong.

Thanks for that.

I believe a sports cat is legal as it still contains a catalytic converter within it? I maybe wrong.

Sports cats are definitely legal, i had one fitted to my old car and that passed the emissions test on the MOT with flying colours!

I had a MOT tester last year that would not let the emissions on a Twincharger pass. He said the car had a Decat and the Test was going to be a fail

So I switched the MAP off, Valet / service,and onto Stage 1 and things were fine and dandy and we'll within what is required.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

• 2 years later...
On 10/11/2015 at 12:53, rerving said:

So I've noticed a few people asking about exhausts, the options are pretty limited out there as there are still not that many companies who tune the mk2 VRS. 

There was no way I was spending £1700 miltek were asking so I thought i'd see what could be done DIY style.

I know they might not be to everyones taste but I love the sound of my car now. I found it very muted at first, could barely hear the engine/ Exhaust over the road noise. 

I've had the center section done for a while now. Sounds good and i'd definitely recommend it for everyone.
Total of £40 for parts and a mate to weld it in place.

/

I've now went a step further and removed the back box as well. It does still have a Cat in though so no flames just yet:

It is loud and perhaps not for those who want a peaceful drive. 
£30 for a length of stainless pipe from eBay. and £12 for a twin exit tip also from eBay.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-10%20at%2012.40.

Pro's:

Cheap

Sounds more aggressive

DSG gear change bangs  :love:

Looks standard

Feels faster but I think this is just because it sounds like its going faster. Never had it on the rollers so I would never know.

Cons:

Drone at motorway speeds

Little bit anti-social

Quite loud (especially on cold start, but again doesn't bother me)

All in all, for around £80, its one of the best things i've done. 

would love to do this mod to my vrs mk2 what diameter was the stainless pipe you bought as they come in diffrent sizes would love a reply cheers