Amunsen MIB1 Firmware

rdb

@PetrolDave ok thx! Las time my battery almost died. :(

Now waiting for Aki87 to send me the file. Fell free to share in MP if you have one guys! :)

Edited by Croat

Ok, the update took about +30 min for me, no problems. Did it with USB, I turned on the engine, plugged the USB run the update and went for a drive through the city. Made sure I turned OFF Start/Stop and all is good. This time I didn't lose all may presets. :)

Tnx Aki for the file!

I had mine done by my dealer today. I claimed Bluetooth disconnecting and gps zoom issues. They upgraded to 4.90

I got the upgrade for free as good customer relationship but told me that Skoda charges for the upgrade!!!! Anyway the main thing I noticed is that typing in the GPS is really faster. On cold start, nav takes as much time to start but on hot start is is really quicker. Other than that, no difference

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo All,

I have question, I did everything like is written in manual for update.

But my firmware update was not successful.

Now I have only white screen and there is written ... No update media inserted... Insert zgCD and restart the target

Could somebody help me?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0cAGFSr3ZomZWI3Z1IxcWY5WG8/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Frydom

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/11/2015 at 19:48, rdb said:

Would be interested to know what firmware others have in Amundsen MIB1.

Mine is

Device 5E0035874A

Hardware version: 040

Firmware version: 0435

This is in an August 2014 Built L&K with Canton.

Problems I have are poor zooming on navigation and restricted power output on all audio sources.

Asked a well known West Yorkshire dealer to check for software update at 12 month service. Told there are none

Before I follow up just wanted to find out if there is a later firmware than 0435

Thanks

Edited by mannyo
Remove link to copyright material

Please do not post links to copyright material as the forum is monitored for content by others, including Skoda UK.

I would suggest, as per earlier in this thread that the PM system be used for those interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with my Bolero since updating to v0490 of the firmware - it won't read SD cards. When I insert an SD card I get a message saying "Unable to read SD Card 1" (there is of course only one SD card slot with a Bolero). Has anyone else encountered this? I performed the update from an SD card and this completed fine, but ever since I have been unable to read any SD cards, including even the one I used for the upgrade.

The exact symptom is that when I insert the card a message comes up at the top of the screen saying "Reading SD Card 1", but this is very quickly replaced by the message saying "Unable to read SD Card 1". The cards are formatted with FAT32 and all of them used to work fine before the update.

Edited by nickcoll

24 minutes ago, nickcoll said:

I have a problem with my Bolero since updating to v0490 of the firmware - it won't read SD cards. When I insert an SD card I get a message saying "Unable to read SD Card 1" (there is of course only one SD card slot with a Bolero). Has anyone else encountered this? I performed the update from an SD card and this completed fine, but ever since I have been unable to read any SD cards, including even the one I used for the upgrade.

The exact symptom is that when I insert the card a message comes up at the top of the screen saying "Reading SD Card 1", but this is very quickly replaced by the message saying "Unable to read SD Card 1". The cards are formatted with FAT32 and all of them used to work fine before the update.

22 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

Do a force reboot. Long hold & press the power button until the Skoda logo comes back on the screen

12 minutes ago, nickcoll said:

I had already tried that, but just to be sure I just went out and tried doing it again, but unfortunately the problem remains.

Have you tried different SD cards (I know you sad they was working before the update) I always do the update via a USB key & I've never had that issue if I'm honest, the only other thing I would say is transfer or redo unzip the firmware again & load the files via a USB key, once you have done that make sure the SD card is not in the slot & reformatted with some music on it & insert the SD card after update is fully complete via USB key.

unless @aki78 might be able to help out.

Thanks for your response. I have tried a number of SD cards of different makes and different sizes, but without success. They all work fine in a computer, and were working fine in the Bolero before the update, but the Bolero just won't read them now.

I am not sure why performing the update from a USB stick would be any different than from an SD Card? Although obviously now the SD cards are not being read I will have to use a USB stick if I want to run the update again, so I will give that a go. I just wonder whether I will be able to run the update again as all the files will be at their latest versions already.