build/delivery times?

aernala

What a shame. A pleasant handover should be all part of the experience - we're spending enough.

Ours was in the showroom under a sheet, then unveiled for us. A nice touch we thought.

IMG_20160314_142937_zpstncelpn7.jpg

Enjoy getting to know the car.

• Like 2

So picked mine up today such a good feeling sitting in a new car with all the 'new car smells'. All OK taken by surprise when I drove off and at the first junction the engine stopped but on releasing the foot brake started again. Not sure I knew it had start stop but there you go. In addition, going downhill the MFD reports ' cruising'. In going to leave in this mode to see how I get on with it.

I managed to get my phone to pair ok and import my contacts ( Nexus 5x Android N). The dealer had already set up the DAB National Stations and my music on a SD card went in and played as expected. I tried to import My POI's after using the Skoda web site but each time it gives an error message something about the read being interrupted, I've tried a few times but it just reboots the Nav System. I'll research it some more and see how I get on. Setting destinations is soooo much better than the Columbus in the last car, everything on one page and the touch screen is sensitive unlike the old one ( I'd often had to dampen my finger to get it to accept an input)

I've fitted a RGM Rearguards bumper protector, easy fitted in minutes and looks good and I'm sure it will do a good job.

Lots of things to play with, really like the rear camera when reverse is selected, clear, colour and wide view. That is going to be great in some of the locations we visit, it will be interesting to see how it performs in the dark.

Overall the car seems quieter when run over roads I'm very familiar with fitted with, it's fitted with Goodyear tyres.

The AdBlue reports 4500 miles not sure how full that means the tank is but it's enough to get us over the next few months or so.

Bit of a jumbled report, sorry about that.

Time for a bit more playing I think

• Like 1

...managed to get my phone to pair ok and import my contacts ( Nexus 5x Android N)....

Enjoy.

Totally off topic, still waiting for N Nougat on my N6P. My N9 tablet got it last week  :nerd:

Congrats Ernie, looking good.

Re coasting function, turned that off very quickly, hate it!

Start stop is good but plays trick when engine cold. I keep thinking it's broke, muppet!

Didn't realise mine has hill hold, like that lots.

The new Bolero is sooo much better than the old one, pictures too.

So many toys and so little time.

• Like 1

Just been advised that I have a confirmed build week 36 (next week), was provisional week 38

ordered SE spec 1.2 petrol DSG end of June, so will be 3 months as delivery expected end September

Here it is at last. ???? ????

8765ef06cf96d188e4ac877dc78c33e7.jpg

Very happy with the car, but not with the presentation of it.

They cleaned the car this morning before I arrived as there is a dusty building site next door.

Because of road layout they then had to drive it a mile or so round the block, to the forecourt.

In the process, water ran out of the mirrors, all along the doors, as it always does.

They didn't polish the water marks off.

There were also several places where the edge of the protective paint film had left residue, again not cleaned off properly.

A bit of a poor show really ????

That's it, off out to play with all the knobs and buttons. ????

You are lucky, collected mine yesterday and it had a dent in the door, very obvious!

They are getting it fixed but do they not check these things?!

I was a little bit annoyed.

That's terrible, I feel for you.

I reckon it would have been better for them to delay delivery to you, tell you why, and sort it beforehand.

• Like 1

That's terrible, I feel for you.

I reckon it would have been better for them to delay delivery to you, tell you why, and sort it beforehand.

They hadn't even noticed, I pointed it out, saw it as soon as I arrived. A few scuffs on glovebox handle and panel near footwell too but I can live with them.

Not sure what they do when they check the car before delivery! Not much by the look of it :(

Ive just been doing some maritime tracking and there are 3 ships at present doing the Emden to Grimsby run, Isar highway, Wesser Highway and African Highway. Isar Highway has just docked in Grimsby Tonight at 20:00, Wesser and African Highway left Grimsby at 19:00 for Emden arriving at 10:00 in the morning. Im hoping mine is going to be on one this week sometime.

Well the dealer has been on the phone, the car arrived via transporter this morning, so pickup is arranged for Saturday, so 13 weeks from placing the order to arriving at the dealer, just about on target with the guesstimate, better get insurance sorted out then.

:yes:

• Like 1

Well the dealer has been on the phone, the car arrived via transporter this morning, so pickup is arranged for Saturday, so 13 weeks from placing the order to arriving at the dealer, just about on target with the guesstimate, better get insurance sorted out then.

:yes:

Take your time and get a good quote. No need to rush. Use the Skoda FREE 5 day complimentary insurance = LINK Until you get it sorted.  :thumbup:

Hope it helps...............Tony

• Like 1

Take your time and get a good quote. No need to rush. Use the Skoda FREE 5 day complimentary insurance = LINK Until you get it sorted.  :thumbup:

Hope it helps...............Tony

Ah ... my dealer didn't mention that, it will take the pressure off a bit as I'm away til Thursday. :happy:

it will take the pressure off a bit as I'm away til Thursday. :happy:

Glad it helps!

Just this minute had "THE CALL"! - Max was built yesterday and is awaiting his train to Emden for a short North Sea Cruise, before meeting his new owners.

Max = 1.2 TSI - DSG - Outdoor SE in Moon White with lots of extras.

History:

Order placed:  7th of June - Week 23 (Simpsons - Preston Lancashire)

Built: 5th of Sept - Week 36 (Bang on prediction at point of ordering!)

Delivery: Who knows? but should be a 1st of October reg.

So, 13 weeks from factory order to build. Just about par for the course reading other posts here. Our second Yeti with an almost identical specification. Our first Yeti - Tigger - has been excellent for the six years we have had him. I cannot speak highly enough of the reliability, build quality and value for money this car has been. Due in part, no doubt, to the excellent service we have received from Simpsons. Hence our ordering another!..............Tony 

• Like 1

Ive just had a call from the dealer this evening my first Yeti a 1.4 L&K arrived at Grimsby aboard the Isar Highway at 18:30 on Sunday Evening the 4th Sept, it was ordered on the 13th June and it was built week 34, 22-28 Aug i'm really looking forward to picking up my Yeti sometime next week, I've booked a week off work so we can get fully acquainted. I've ordered the rubber floor and transmission tunnel mats and mudflaps off SuperSkoda so they should be here in plenty of time, its really exciting now its actually in the UK.

• Like 1

Well, we picked our first Skoda up from the dealer yesterday, everything went smoothly, car was pristine, its a Moon White 2.0l 150ps L&K DSG.

A few questions to you 2016 L&K owners, before I go back to the dealer and query some things Ive spotted since we came home ....  :think:

1/ our car has no front mudflaps? strange as the brochure states the car should have "L&K inscription on front mudguards" I have always assumed this was mudflaps ... if not what is it,  front wings?

2/ the maxi-dot seems to be displaying speed in K/hr ... the manual suggests its a "second speedometer display!, but I don't seem to be able to change it to m/hr..

3/ should we have a flexible storage compartment ..... it seems to be a bendy perforated sheet of plastic that fits in the boot ..... ? We have the spare wheel .... incompatible?

4/ We can seem to get our Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to work with the Amundsen unit ... it pairs ok, and transfers contacts, but if you make a call there is no sound, also if you receive a call there is no sound .... Any one out there with an S" that works ... is did you do anything special?

5/ Finally as I've said its the 2.0TDI 110KW 150PS diesel engine ... what should its idle speed be, ours is sitting approx 850-875 RPM, I know its new etc, but it seems a bit high.

Is there anything else I should check as a common "ooops" we missed that?

thanks in advance. :happy:

Edited by TruckbusUK

Same spec as mine,

1. I got this one wrong and I stated elsewhere on this forum that my dealer had said that it would come with mudguards (flaps). Strange but it does not and they are now not an option. My dealer fitted them on the day I picked up as there had been confusion and I had opted for the rear ones. Free of charge.

2. Correct, not an option to mph on Maxdot. Used. To be able to set it up via VCDS but I'm not sure this is an option. Others my know.

3.. Correct, not compatible.

4. Can not comment, but have you got the volume up?? Thumb wheel on steering wheel.

5. Correct.

Enjoy, relax, enjoy, repeat.

• Like 1

I can help with
2: The maxidot displays KPH only and cannot be changed without VCDS, that is a cable that connects to a laptop and is used to make changes to the car that even the dealer cannot make. But there is talk that the later cars cannot be converted.

4: Is the sound on the phone part of the Amundsen muted or turned right down?

• Like 1

1/ No, they mean front wings, but it is a bad translation.

2/ As Urrell says. 

3/ Correct, they are not compatible with the spare wheel set-up.

4/ Suggests that the sound is turned down, so you might need to go into the set-up to sort it out.

5/ That is correct.

• Like 1