VW Emissions Scandal Thread V2

Outofthi5world

Well I am alarmed at this whole subject debacle having just traded in my Fabia for a 2.0 DSG 2014 Yeti 40868 on the clock (collecting Saturday 4th of august)

I guess that will teach me to visit the forum here before buying , what to do? I have emailed the dealer for the VIN number so I can check if it has 'the fix' and I'm inclined to call off the finance with Skoda if so after reading the horror stories which will impair me for future finance, not officially but we know what that really means. Backed out of finance mark on credit score.

Edited by FabTony
  • Like 2

While you are talking with them if you are and the Yeti has not had The Fix, be sure to check thew DSG had a oil change at 40,000 miles, also that the service history shows the brake fluid changed.  Then check the Warranty History and see if it had the Zinc Inclusion issue and this was dealt with by new panels or just preparation and a respray.

If a car is being bought from an Approved VW Group Repairer / Dealership they will have had The Fix if they were one that needed it.

Edited by Offski

DSG oil change with the last service (apr 2018) I interrogated the service guy so decided to have the timing belt package done on Fri 23 Aug.

I will check your your advisories, I didn't interrogate him hard enough!

cheers

What a F%%%%%% bummer to read about all this, I was really excited about it and getting on the road,  already had a tow bar, deal clincher although they sort of said it may have to come off as it's not Skoda approved but soon changed their minds about that.

And another edit to say the drive was very smooth and enjoyable but I have no reference point.

tow1.PNG

Edited by FabTony
No Friends

I seem to recall that re the ‘fix’ , that there are class actions taking place over misinformation by VW with regard to subsequent consumption claims

VW criticised -

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20180717/ANE/180719819/eu-demands-vw-guarantee-that-diesel-emissions-fix-does-not-impair?cciid=email-ane-daily

Absolute bummer it has been updated :angry: what to do now?? tell dealer I want to cancel or Skoda finance or take the risk.

I sent this..... lets watch the S*** hit the fan....

'Good morning. It is with great disapointment after reading the horror stories regarding EA189 'fix-fail' which has been applied to the Yeti in question I no longer want to purchase the vehicle and there fore want to back out of the contract. Do I have a cooling-off period where this can be a simple process or will this involve lots of legal processes and hassle?

Please advise who I need to contact and how to proceed.

PLEASE CANCEL THE WORK ON THE CAMBELT SCHEDULED FOR 3rd OF APRIL at blade Skoda , weston super mare as I don't want to be paying a bill for a car I do not own.

It is with great regret and anxiety I make this decision as I was looking forward to owning a Yeti and I trust/hope there will be minimal impact on the £500 pound deposit I paid.

Kind Regards'
Edited by FabTony

16 minutes ago, FabTony said:

I am completly bummed out about this and surprized dealers can look you in the eye while selling you a known piece of crap....

Updates as they come :x

The fix isn’t a ‘feature’ you would promote.

I agree with the comment made  before that no SKODA dealer  would be able to put a car up for sale UNLESS the  official Skoda  changes had been made. I am sure SKODA UK  have issued instructions to that effect. I don't know if the effect of the changes are any worse on the Yeti  than any other model,ie  engine noise   engine  breakdown while in motion , increased  m p g, and probably acceleration?.

Maybe go for the 2.0TDI and one with a decent amount of the 24 month Trust Building Measure guarantee running, and the service schedule and a good Warranty as well.

If going petrol read up on the 1.8 TSI's and buyer beware, same with 1.2 TSI DSG.

Obviously loads are good, the majority, but then Skoda / VW build some lemons. They have built some with dodgy timing chain tensioners, piston rings, DQ200 DSGs 

and software is there speciality in getting it wrong.

• Like 1

TBH I have crossed any diesels off the list now, so many bad stories, dammit I can get a brand new Karoq 1.5 for the same monthly payments with a tow bar (small caravan or trailer)

Edited by FabTony

Are there any  of the good Yeti 2.0TDI DSG SCR (AdBlue) around for a bit of a bargain and a good finance deal?

My 66 plate SEAT Alhambra 2.0TDI DSG SCR 150ps is wonderful, power and economy, the best that VW Group maybe turned out IMO.

Some cracking 2.0TDI SEAT Ateca's available as well.

Edited by Offski

11 minutes ago, FabTony said:

TBH I have crossed any diesels off the list now, so many bad stories, dammit I can get a brand new Karoq 1.5 for the same monthly payments with a tow bar (small caravan or trailer)

I would suggest there is a case for a business requiring a high percentage of heavy work, but in order to reduce the bottom line, forget it.

The 150ps & 190ps 2.0TDI with SCR and DSG, Auto hold, Coasting Function, E-Brake / Stop-Start are as good as they get. The 150ps are great.

All that VW Experience of lemons, emission cheats comes good.

Just need to see what the WLTP brings, i hope that building them to pass the emissions / tests do not ruin them.

Time will tell. 

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp 

• Like 1

The lottery there is the 1.4 TSI's being discontinued and the 1.5 TSI pre Gasoline Particulate Filter if they have a DSG have a DQ200.

(Same with a 1.0 TSI)

So you want a 2.0 TSI if going for one with DSG if you are going to tow. 

Re the understandable comments by persons saying they are going to ditch  diesels, I recently went into  a Jaguar showroom, and was very impressed with the Sportbrake version of the XF, the vast majority of which are diesels, with seemingly  incredible performance. One thing we have to bear in mind is with Brexit, the chances of anything from the E U may become difficult to buy or obtain spares for, plus falling/failing dealers.

But  as for Jags, the showrooms have a leaflet saying the current Euro Emissions 6  are far better both for diesel particulate  AND Co2, so much so Jag belief towns and cities on a w/wide basis will have to bring diesels back because with their being banned, the Co2  levels are RISING, so with ad blu added diesels, the emissions overall would seem to be the answer? So does one  ditch buying  diesels or wait  for the various  authorities to wake up?