VW Emissions Scandal Thread V2

Outofthi5world

.....and Mazda's CX5 sold in the U.S. in petrol form is to be joined by the diesel version which is one in the eye for VAG also. ^^^^^^^^^^ They must be watching John Cadogen on you tube I know I do.

VW Group cutting 23,000 jobs in Germany.

Obviously to introduce the EV's that are so important and nothing to do with them having paid huge bonuses and golden hand shakes to top blokes and gals that lost them billions 

with an emissions cheat that nobody in the VW Group Senior management knew about.

• Like 1

.....and Mazda's CX5 sold in the U.S. in petrol form is to be joined by the diesel version which is one in the eye for VAG also. ^^^^^^^^^^ They must be watching John Cadogen on you tube I know I do.

Sydney populist shockjock type to be taken with the proverbial grain ........a lot of hufff and puff and bluster which seems to entertain
  • Like 1

So the Sh.t hits the fan back home now then, only this time its the workforce!!

Sad outcome, after the unscrupulous risk takers did their ill !! 

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/vw-emissions-scandal-30000-jobs-go-volkswagen

Edited by vrskeith

The good news from here is that the job cuts are also aimed at increasing VW’s focus on autonomous and electric cars.

It is just a pity that VW don't have the cojones to stop the sale of diesel cars which are claimed to be responsible for some 7,000 deaths a year.

The good news from here is that the job cuts are also aimed at increasing VW’s focus on autonomous and electric cars.

It is just a pity that VW don't have the cojones to stop the sale of diesel cars which are claimed to be responsible for some 7,000 deaths a year.

Probably reads across to others BMW,MB etc. Don't think VAG are alone here.

I would like to see some real numbers from some of the American motors, Japanese......

Edited by vrskeith

Even more bizarre is that manufacturers are still allowed to sell diesel engined cars despite the claim that fumes from diesel engines are responsible for around 7,000 deaths a year - INSANE!

Ever heard of tobacco?

• Like 3

Ever heard of tobacco?

Yes, I have. It is disgusting and people are finally doing something about it.  In civilised countries, Governments have passed legislation saving people from having to put up with secondary pollution whilst allowing the retarded to kill themselves.  In the UK, there are frequent suggestions that people who have chosen to poison themselves should not be allowed to call on the NHS for rescue.

Perhaps legislation should be introduced permitting people to run their diesel engines only in a closed garage accompanied only by consenting adults?

Haven't they made a car that vapes yet!  This Visual profession is Growing now in every non - smoking  high street  . It will soon be the next NHS issue I'm sure!!

John cadogen "Sydney populist shockjock type to be taken with the proverbial grain ........a lot of hufff and puff and bluster which seems to entertain " but I do agree with opinions,,,,,,,,,only has s*x with women and doesn't eat the **** macd*****s sell.

Even more bizarre is that manufacturers are still allowed to sell diesel engined cars despite the claim that fumes from diesel engines are responsible for around 7,000 deaths a year - INSANE!

Not a very worthwhile statistic unless accompanied by the number of deaths petrol is responsible for to compare.

14,000 people die from petrol exhaust emissions each year in the U.K...............................................................just a guess,a figure I plucked from the the thin polluted air

• Like 3

Not a very worthwhile statistic unless accompanied by the number of deaths petrol is responsible for to compare.

Most deaths attributed to vehicle emissions are from NOX and PM particles which petrols cars produce about a tenth of compared to diesel cars without AdBlu/SCR systems.

Main pollutant concern from petrol cars has been CO2 which is more concerned with climate change ie long term effects rather than the short terms affects ie daily spikes of levels of NOX and PMs hitting hazardous to life levels in urban areas which is why big cities are looking at banning and level fines on those cars without compliant NOX emission standards via the ULEZ controls in London etc.

7,000 deaths from diesel fumes sounds horrendous.

However only when directly compared with those deaths from petrol can it be determined how many more people are dying due to diesel fumes. If 6,000 people die from petrol pollution its still horrendous but then all of a sudden diesel isn't as bad as it is made out to be.

The figure of 7,000 deaths you are referring to is a guess at premature deaths attributed to air pollution, Now the air is so much cleaner than sixty years ago diesel pollution has risen to the top of the list even though modern diesels are cleaner than previously. The people that fall into the 'premature deaths' category most likely suffered from respiratory conditions, which will include someone who smoked 60 a day for the last 50 years. I wondered how many deaths certificates contain the cause of death 'diesel fumes'  

The figure of 7,000 deaths you are referring to is a guess at premature deaths attributed to air pollution, Now the air is so much cleaner than sixty years ago diesel pollution has risen to the top of the list even though modern diesels are cleaner than previously. The people that fall into the 'premature deaths' category most likely suffered from respiratory conditions, which will include someone who smoked 60 a day for the last 50 years. I wondered how many deaths certificates contain the cause of death 'diesel fumes'  

Here are the government figures of deaths by area.  Particles from diesels are te main focus of this government report.  Chapter 3 has the breakdown by area....

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/332854/PHE_CRCE_010.pdf

Edited by lol-lol

Re  "   Transport for London calculated the £2.5m figure from the number of owners of affected VW vehicles claiming a discount for which they were not entitled. "   What is this discount ( to which we are not entitled )  I am not aware of the alleged discount, plus it would appear  other manufacturers' diesels   are  also emitting more fumes than admitted. And no reference is made  to Superbs in the Skodas referred to.