L&K 4x4 Jungle Green

ssc

Jungle green is growing on me.

+1

We have a L&K Yeti in Jungle Green and it looks great IMO, however on the Superb I am really not sure... but on that Combi it is certainly growing on me!!!

Are the front mud flaps standard, if so strange it doesn't have rear ones fitted too. I don't have mud flaps but this time of year I wish I did, the overhang behind the rear wheels is taking a beating from all the road crud.

Are the front mud flaps standard, if so strange it doesn't have rear ones fitted too. I don't have mud flaps but this time of year I wish I did, the overhang behind the rear wheels is taking a beating from all the road crud.

Just cleaned mine this morning and the rear flaps were really full of crap.... All that would have been splattered over the back... Glad I had 'em.

We do not get mud flaps as std fit on any of the trim levels.

I bought mine from superskoda and even with the postage they were less than half price that a dealer wants for them (they are genuine Škoda flaps as well)

We do not get mud flaps as std fit on any of the trim levels.

Unless you get an Octavia which has them as standard on the rear only for all models - strange, I've often wondered why.

Concerning mud flaps - I can confirm that our present car has the flaps at the front but not at the back. In front of the rear tyres though are some small "flaps".

This could be how Skoda installs for the Swedish market?

• Like 1

Those little flaps forward of the wheels are part of the aerodynamic design. Allegedly to reduce the under car drag created by the wheels, especially from the front wheels. When I first came across them several years back they were only fitted to the front wheels but I think most modern cars have them front and back these days.

Do they work? I would need convincing data to show that it makes that much difference with a standard shape on a production car but that is why they are there.

Pete

• Like 1

Wish i hadnt looked at that, my L&K is business grey and i can`t believe i like jungle green, awesome colour!

Everyone who has seen my Business grey L&K has commented how good it looks and suits the car, so don’t beat yourself up too much over it  :D

Im not sure on the jungle green, i think its a colour to get if you lease it but not if buying it.

???????????. What's the difference. Either way you still have to live with it.

???????????. What's the difference. Either way you still have to live with it.

The difference is you may like it now and if you have it on a 24 month lease you have zero concern regarding the resale price of the car due to a possible less desirable colour. ie green.

Where as if you buy the car its your problem to resell it in the future having to find the buyer.

• Like 1

The difference is you may like it now and if you have it on a 24 month lease you have zero concern regarding the resale price of the car due to a possible less desirable colour. ie green.

Where as if you buy the car its your problem to resell it in the future having to find the buyer.

Second hand car values go on year, spec, mileage and condition, not colour.

You make it sound like there are different values for the same car in different colours. Doubtless there are people out there looking for a Jungle Green Superb, just as there are for all the other colours in the range. It might not appeal to you, but it does to others.

As people here have said Jungle Green is growing on them, and it would have been Nick_H's second choice, Gizmo68 has it on his Yeti, it may well prove to be a popular sought after second hand choice.

Second hand car values go on year, spec, mileage and condition, not colour.

You make it sound like there are different values for the same car in different colours. Doubtless there are people out there looking for a Jungle Green Superb, just as there are for all the other colours in the range. It might not appeal to you, but it does to others.

Think you will find that green cars are one of the most unpopular colours purchased world wide as a whole. From a CAP point of view colour maybe not be documented however colour is one of the key factor's in a car selling or not.  Maybe the initial price would be the same, but then if the car is sat around for weeks on a forecourt it will be discounted in order to be flipped.

Example - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_colour_popularity

Approved Skoda Superbs (all ages)  Used cars in the UK on website

123 Grey ones

92 Silver Ones

41 Blue ones

50 Black ones

6 Green ones

As people here have said Jungle Green is growing on them, and it would have been Nick_H's second choice, Gizmo68 has it on his Yeti, it may well prove to be a popular sought after second hand choice.

Like i said - "Im not sure on the jungle green,"

Its irrelevant what someones second choice would of been and also some colours are more suited for different cars.  Maybe this will by the next white...

Your money, your car, your choice.

Edited by RickTT

I,as with others on here bought superbs in jungle green,colour i now love,as do the unsure circle i know,so will allways be a market for them second hand, if i were skoda used i would be more concerned that we had 123 grey ones to shift rather than the 6 green ones nationwide.perhaps its the grey/silver ones they end up discounting to shift.of course,its all a matter of personal taste.kevin.

I agree, its all a matter of personal choice... I would expect they shift the common colours all day long, as they are common and the buying public purchased that colour in the first instance so you would expect that to replicate down to the used car sales also... plus the buyer gets a bigger range of cars which means a bigger range of spec and engines choices.

http://www.glassbusiness.co.uk/news-and-insights/how-does-colour-impact-price/

http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/articles/buying-a-motor-check-the-car-colour-first?mediacode=973&awc=5648_1449501532_0c5f18ecb521c6f8f4c9cf45a2571e10&utm_source=affiliatewindow&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=id_dm_aj_1040+quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2195559/White-cars-hold-value-best-green-maroon-fall-fastest.html

Dont get me wrong, its not that i dislike the green, in fact i think it looks well clean in a show room pictures, but its just not a colour for me, just like the eastern EU'ers get a vast range of colours for the S3 but most of them colours would not appeal to the general UK market for this car type, while a hand ful of people will love the more extreme options

as said above, each to their own.

Edited by RickTT