The 'I didn't get what I ordered' thread

As there are quite a few Superb 3 owners receiving cars that are missing options I thought it would be useful to compile a reference thread of this information.

Please don't use this thread for discussion, just list your Superb 3 missing options as below:

1) Pete_T - SE Business, Rear wiper missing.

Edited by Pete T

Heated Washers Nozzles and Rear window Unblind, this was the dealers fault, they apologised, refunded the difference in cost, fitted full set of rubber mats and boot liner and a tank of fuel as compensation.

So not a major issue, at least I got the side window blinds fitted, apparently the salesman put in the incorrect code for the side and rear blinds, the code they entered was 3Y4 which was for side blinds only, next time round I will insist on a full written confirmation of all additional options ordered, so lesson learnt.

Rear window sun blind, the side ones are present just not the rear window one, apart from the spare wheel then this is hopefully the best item they could have missed, as I assume it should be pretty easy to retro fit?

Not sure about the heated washers as I haven’t popped one out to see if there is a wire going to them.

I've got an L&K and have Blind Spot Detection and Lane Assist, although didn't spec these.

Does anyone know if these are standard, as I didn't think they were?

Yes, both standard on L&K.

Please tell me this is a business purchase and you didn't privately order a 30k+ car without checking the specs first!  :wonder:

• Like 2

Not sure about the heated washers as I haven’t popped one out to see if there is a wire going to them.

Heated washers are present... so just the rear blind missing.

Heated washers are present... so just the rear blind missing.

That's a good point Gizmo, I've not checked if I've got my heated washers! Is it obvious there's wiring to the nozzles with the bonnet up or do I need to go digging?

Yes, both standard on L&K.

Please tell me this is a business purchase and you didn't privately order a 30k+ car without checking the specs first!  :wonder:

It was less than 25k to be fair (including 2k's worth of extras), and the blindspot & lane assist bore no relevance to my requirements so didn't pay attention to them.

I only thought they were extra, as they were mentioned in the dynamic fog lights extra package, which I also didn't take when I spec'd the car.

But thanks for the info, I almost thought I got something for nothing  :)

That's a good point Gizmo, I've not checked if I've got my heated washers! Is it obvious there's wiring to the nozzles with the bonnet up or do I need to go digging?

Yes look at the N/S hinge area of the bonnet and you will see a grommet that the washer pipe goes through, the wires for the heated nozzles are inside the loom tape with the washer pipe - they are easy to feel, took me less than 5 seconds to confirm they were fitted.

• Like 1

It makes no difference if its business or private - you still want what you want and most company car drivers treat it like their own anyway, at least I do.

It makes no difference if its business or private - you still want what you want and most company car drivers treat it like their own anyway, at least I do.

I do as well. This is the first time that I have been able to select my own company car without any restrictions (eg between a Passat and Mondeo etc) and add some extras. So looking forward to March next year.

Got a phone call yesterday from the car dealership to say there is an issue and Skoda can't give us the beige leather interior and so it will be black leather instead. I originally wasn't bothered about the interior whether it was fabric or leather but then with the petrol blue metallic colour the beige leather interior really made it pop. I'm not sure now. :(

Got a phone call yesterday from the car dealership to say there is an issue and Skoda can't give us the beige leather interior and so it will be black leather instead. I originally wasn't bothered about the interior whether it was fabric or leather but then with the petrol blue metallic colour the beige leather interior really made it pop. I'm not sure now. :(

Didn't know you'd ordered a new one Svend, what have you gone for?

That's a fairly major change. Did they give you any options or just tell you to put up with it? 

Didn't know you'd ordered a new one Svend, what have you gone for?

Ordered a Superb 1.4TSi ACT, SE L Exec in petrol blue metallic, beige leather interior (initially anyway) and 18" Pegasus alloy wheels.

The beige interior would of worked perfectly with the petrol blue colour. Hay-ho, never mind.

That's a fairly major change. Did they give you any options or just tell you to put up with it? 

Pretty much something to do with Skoda supply and black was the only thing.

Rear window sun blind, the side ones are present just not the rear window one, apart from the spare wheel then this is hopefully the best item they could have missed, as I assume it should be pretty easy to retro fit?

From the dealer:

"It looks like the factory have amended the option to just side blinds and reduced the option pack price down by £75 , so probably a supply issue from whoever makes it for them . Its also not showing as an item that can be ordered separately"

So If true, I expect anyone who has ordered the rear blind will not be getting one in the near future?

Just wondered when your car is due for delivery as I also have a petrol blue metallic with beige interior on order and would not be happy with the black interior.

Incidentally I see you come from Carlisle so I hope you or your car are not under water!

• Like 1

Just wondered when your car is due for delivery as I also have a petrol blue metallic with beige interior on order and would not be happy with the black interior.

Incidentally I see you come from Carlisle so I hope you or your car are not under water!

Hi. We have a due date of the 1st March. Although beige not what I would of originally ordered when it came time the beige suited the petrol blue the best, made the car look bright and airy.

The flooding on Caldergate/Shaddongate (McVities factory and Sainsburys supermarket) are about 200yards away. Were completely safe and dry here, but thanks.

• Like 1

I was just thinking the same. About the only thing I haven't checked on ours....

As there are quite a few Superb 3 owners receiving cars that are missing options I thought it would be useful to compile a reference thread of this information.

Please don't use this thread for discussion, just list your Superb 3 missing options as below:

1) Pete_T - SE Business, Rear wiper missing.

I like yourself Pete, was missing the Rear wiper blade, even though I remember joking with the salesman about it as it was Free, I said I will have 50 of them then.  Still over the moon with the car, will just take some getting used to I suppose

My L&K 190 4x4 combi was ordered (I was told) with Smart Light Assist. It's specified on the docs, and I paid for it. When I took delivery of the car the dealereven showed me the two metal boxes under the bonnet (about cigarette packet side, right and left,  over the headlights). 'These control the shuttering for Smart Light Assist,' he said 'Let me know how you get on.' Even pointed out the strips which are LED with Smart Assist. 

But I've only been able to get Light Assist (auto dimming as opposed to shuttering) to work, So went into the garage and said 'Look, I'm a complete numpty, how do I get Smart Assist work'. Mechanic checked and said 'yes, it should be fitted, but I can't turn it on either'. Talked to Skoda UK.

Who today told the Garage and have told me that Smart Assist wasn't ordered, nor fitted. Bit gutted. Can't be retrofitted. And frankly, though this only costs £100 to add, it's worth a bit more than me as it was one of my buying decisions, driving abroad a lot, and wanting every bit of help I could get at night. It's not a show stopper, it's not going to put me off a lovely vehicle, but a bit like getting your Christmas cake and finding someone has licked the icing off. 

Any ideas anyone? 

I had the same problem but not in quite the same way. Inasmuch as I took an L&K instead of an SEL and was told it had smart light assist. So a disappointment to find it not there but not quite the same level of disappointment as you.

The motors you were shown are the AFS drivers for the xenons. The ones that drive the changing light patterns. If you dont already know this then next time you switch on your ights watch the light pattern 'dance' whilst they adjust to the appropriate pattern.

As to how much difference the smart light assist actually makes I am not convinced it is significant. It simply modifies the main beam rather than the simple dip of light assist.  I day to day driving I dont think it makes a great deal of difference. Both have the AFS system which I have to say is excellent on the Skoda. I had it on the C class but the Skoda seems much better.

What irks me most is the lack of bling eyelashes at the front and that says a lot about fashion eh?

I asked the dealer to look into retro fit on the basis that I would pay costs. At first I hoped it was just a coding matter but no. It is a completely different headlight set at approx £400 each along with possible wiring loom issues.

I think there was some confusion in the early days as to what was what between light and smart and that resulted in a number of these errors. Whether that was in Czech or the delears I dont know. Whatever, a number of L&K have clearly been built without the specified smart assist. Whatever the outcome I do recommend that anyone who has ordered smart light checks before acceptance that is what they actually have. You can either get the salesman to switch on the lights and check that the eyelashes do loght up or go into Columbus/Car/Lights and check thst there is an option 'dynamic light', NOT just light assist, that you can select. That is smart light, if you dont have that option then you only have light assist.

Ad to whether you can get any redress I cant comment as I dont know your circumstances but I do empathise with your disappointment.

• Like 1