Service Plan ? value

baxlobs

Hi,

We are intending soon to order a new Yeti, is it worthwhile ordering the 3yr Sevice plan for £528? Does it offer a significant saving over the normal charge for 3 annual services only one of which I would imagine would be a Major service. We do around 9-10k miles p.a. so the annual service regime would be the choice.

Is there a realistic alternative that saves you money?.

That is why I am asking the question. :sun:

I do not know how much the individual services might cost, and hoped some forumites could advise.

That is why I am asking the question. :sun:

I do not know how much the individual services might cost, and hoped some forumites could advise.

Difficult to answer completely as it can depend on where in the country you are, and whether your dealer sticks to the Skoda Fixed Price servicing package or not.

I think it has been calculated in the past that if they do then the Service Plan does work out slightly cheaper. 

(Your details don't show a location)

£528 for a 3 year service plan for a Yeti? I've ordered a new BMW M135i and got the 5 year service plan (which includes oil top ups doing the year) for £550.

In Australia BMWs are not sold at any discount and dealerships can afford to charge a bit less for servicing perhaps.

Battery is a massive threat to service devision profit margins which keep dealerships profitable and they will be loathed to promote them.

I have managed to track down the pricing at our local dealer who sticks to the standard Skoda fixed price. 2 minor services at 139 plus 1 major at 259 comes to 537, so the "offer" saves £9-00, and they have your cash upfront for some years, even at todays low interest rates that doesn't sound like much of a deal?

Sorry I should have said we are in East Anglia UK.

Edited by baxlobs

The Skoda plan is not as good as the plan I had for my Ford Focus, BY THE SAME COMPANY.

The Ford plan included free MOT and a few other bits and pieces for a slightly lower price.

Check you can't get it with a 'bit' of Skoda finance - I did that on both of mine, took £3k finance, paid it off after 3 months (interest was about £30 + £60 arrangement fee), got a 2 year (minor and major) servie plan! Result. Put the £3k into Premium bonds, you'll be in 2 draws, you might win more than the interest (I didn't!).

I have managed to track down the pricing at our local dealer who sticks to the standard Skoda fixed price. 2 minor services at 139 plus 1 major at 259 comes to 537, so the "offer" saves £9-00, and they have your cash upfront for some years, even at todays low interest rates that doesn't sound like much of a deal?

Sorry I should have said we are in East Anglia UK.

You haven't allowed for inflation over 3 years, so the saving will probably be more than £9, but still not much more.

Hi,

We are intending soon to order a new Yeti, is it worthwhile ordering the 3yr Sevicplan

Baxlobs, if you havent ordered yeti.....why not negociate that in the price, or, once you negociate price, then get them to add it as a sweetner free.....

Just an idea. Try it.

My in-laws have the service plan and it includes a monthly wash fluid top up and tyre pressure check. OK if you have time to visit the dealer once a month

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Don't want a Ford Explorer (exploder) situation.

Air makes it so much safer, I recon.......just my idea though.(?)

My in-laws have the service plan and it includes a monthly wash fluid top up and tyre pressure check. OK if you have time to visit the dealer once a month

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

A free tyre pressure check. Why would anyone be interested in that???

Keep your money in your pocket and negotiate a discount for each service.  Always works for me.  Call me a cynic but my starting point is always that these 'deals' are for someone else's benefit and not mine.  The dealer has your money up front and you are loosing interest on it (agree it isn't much though but that's not the point.  If you want to pay/save by instalments, just put the money in a bank account until you need it.  

• Like 1