What annoyed you today whilst driving? **V2**

john999boy

On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 21:20, nbJubilee said:

Ticking over nicely at 80, picking up the revs at 100 I was told. Others challenged to keep up with our little Citigos. Don't get jealous just go with the flow.

@fabiamk2SE

I just borrowed the 'go... 120kph (75mph) in 3rd - 5000rpm :D in 5th 3600. Its graaaaannnd lad ;)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fabiamk2SE said:

haaa. Not bad that for a little motor is it! Nice one. 

I like the 3rd gear test :D 

Well it is the same 1.0l  thats available in the mk3 Furby.. had one of them out a  courtesy car last yr when the rear light cluster was being chamnged due to "the leak" have to say other than boot and bonnet size there aint difference between the 2 in cabin space..

Just now, mac11irl said:

Well it is the same 1.0l  thats available in the mk3 Furby.. had one of them out a  courtesy car last yr when the rear light cluster was being chamnged due to "the leak" have to say other than boot and bonnet size there aint difference between the 2 in cabin space..

Yeah i havent driven it in the Fabia mk3, i have driven it in the Polo though. Found it needed revving quite abit n tbh i thought the car was too big for the engine. Probably spot on in the smaller, lighter Citigo, but just not quite enough in the Polo i found. Especially with a few people in. 

It's no replacement for the HTP in a car that size anyway, imo :D 

@fabiamk2SE

yeah, it could with a bit more oompff in the furby too, but for normal round town bumbling its "enough"

Any hoozers... back On Topic...

The ar*e driving the bin lorry that pulled in front of me going up the hill off dunkettle interchange the afternoon.. 5seconds and idve been gone. Instead im stuck behind you going flatout to nowhere over taking 2 artics... thought wed never make it far enough for ya to pull in again!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mort said:

Wasn't driving, but awoke this morning to find some 'creative' parking from the car behind me. About and inch inside my bumper's worth of creativity. :@

IMG_4771.JPG

Oh dear. 

Somebody left the handbrake off or actually parked like that? 

@fabiamk2SE Definitely parked like that, they'd reversed until they felt enough resistance to know they were mounting my car before applying the handbrake. Still left a 3ft gap in front of their car though.

Idiots in thick fog this morning with no lights on...

Including a white A3 and a silver Civic - both pretty much invisible...

On 1/23/2017 at 21:09, Octy0GG said:

The 'This journey' MPG readout. Or more specifically what the small hill at the end of my journey does to it. Must stop looking at it.

I feel your pain; in my case said hill is steep enough to need peak torque to climb it!

• 2 months later...

A driver in an 03 plate ford focus who would not pull out of a side road onto a main road, i could of cross the road (walking) about 10 times before he pulled away. Hate people who just sit at junctions and don't move.

1 hour ago, trundlenut said:

Nah, just BMW drivers who didn't pay for them as an option.

Living in Swindon we have a lot of Honda workers who have 'leased' cars. A lot don't seem to have indicators and the cars seem to have very poor driving skills. Not sure if Honda are aware of these faults in their cars.

12 hours ago, trundlenut said:

Nah, just BMW drivers who didn't pay for them as an option.

Well it is that or a glove box light. And I need the glove box light more :biggrin:

And to add to the thread.....****ing 45'ers.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lee01 said:

M27 yesterday.  Car with Irish plates on reversing back up the M27 from where the van with chevrons in the hatched area to get onto the M3

Capture.PNG

0h..

Well it wasnt me;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aspman said:

I don't see what the problem is, the arrows are clearly pointing backwards

It's that Irish logic so it is!

Drivers with visual imparement/ Today. I had a considerate driver on a yellow box junction allow me to cross. Then , up his offside came a car , who couldn't see why he'd stopped and wanted to plough through. I'd spotted motorist ignoramus and held back. Shock to MI ,as he found a car crossing his path.