Flat Bottom super sports steering wheel

No just tried button does not work, so I will exchange for original, so much for plug and play.

Shark has done remap, company car MK2 Superb TDI140 done over 70K, private car MK2 Superb Tsi 1.8 did 35K, never had a problem and transformed the cars, my third remap with them at there H/O, knew the owner when he was one man in a little industrial unit, now he has an international operation!

Thanks, I ideally wanted black stitching but could not find one at the time, the silver stitching doesn’t look out of place with the beige leather though IMO.

Do you fancy popping the trim out of the bottom spoke for the part number? I do not intend keeping the vRS badge on my wheel.

I have had two Shark maps previously and that is where I will take mine if (when!) I get it done, Ben had not replied to my messages to whether they could do the 190 yet though.

Footrest is for "Octavia MK3 -VRS design footrest for RHD cars - MANUAL TRANSMISSION" on the last page €49.99

Trim No: 3083269 or 5EO.419.685.C

Is the footrest a simple swap for the original?

It was Superskoda that sell the wheel without switches, they are unable to tell me whether the switches from my original wheel will fit straight into their wheel after removing the blanking plates.

I can see no reason why not, anyone have any thoughts on this.The wheel is 150 euros cheaper than the one with switches fitted and it seems a waste of money to buy something I already have, also they are not quite the same as Superb ones as we know.

stw204.jpg

It was Superskoda that sell the wheel without switches, they are unable to tell me whether the switches from my original wheel will fit straight into their wheel after removing the blanking plates.

I can see no reason why not, anyone have any thoughts on this.The wheel is 150 euros cheaper than the one with switches fitted and it seems a waste of money to buy something I already have, also they are not quite the same as Superb ones as we know.

stw204.jpg

I carnt see a problem,that wheel is identical to mine plastic piece is all one bit held in with 2 round lugs on the each switch.

New Steering wheel now fitted, much nicer feel, now seems like the luxury car it is rather than a 70's transit van that the old wheel felt like!

Cimg4335.jpg

Easy to fit, disconnect the battery, unclip the airbag, disconnect the plugs from the airbag to the wheel, unscrew the old wheel, fit the switches and reassemble connecting battery last, took ten minutes.

Heart stopping moment when some acc and dcc functions did not work but after a run and switching the ignition on and off a few times everything is working properly.

If any one wnats to do the same Superskoda's code for this wheel without switches or paddles is STW204

Edited by philsmith
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

New Steering wheel now fitted, much nicer feel, now seems like the luxury car it is rather than a 70's transit van that the old wheel felt like!

Cimg4335.jpg

Easy to fit, disconnect the battery, unclip the airbag, disconnect the plugs from the airbag to the wheel, unscrew the old wheel, fit the switches and reassemble connecting battery last, took ten minutes.

Heart stopping moment when some acc and dcc functions did not work but after a run and switching the ignition on and off a few times everything is working properly.

If any one wnats to do the same Superskoda's code for this wheel without switches or paddles is STW204

Hello, my name is Leen and live in The Netherlands. I like this steering wheel very much. Does all the original switches works properly and what kind of tool jou need for mounting this wheel (Torx?, how much is the Torque?)?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Edited by Leen

If you buy the blank wheel, then yes, all your switches will work because you are using your original switches, they just clip staight in after removing the blanking plates.

You need a 12mm torx drive to remove the bolt, I just did it up tight!

Apart from that you will need a screwdriver to release the airbag clips form the back.

Don't forget to disconnect the battery before removing the airbag or you will get an error light when you replace it.

Edited by philsmith

If you buy the blank wheel, then yes, all your switches will work because you are using your original switches, they just clip staight in after removing the blanking plates.

You need a 12mm torx drive to remove the bolt, I just did it up tight!

Apart from that you will need a screwdriver to release the airbag clips form the back.

Don't forget to disconnect the battery before removing the airbag or you will get an error light when you replace it.

OK, thanks for your fast reply. Then i will order the same wheel to day in the shop with 20% discount (till 11-01-2016).

No just tried button does not work, so I will exchange for original, so much for plug and play.

Shark has done remap, company car MK2 Superb TDI140 done over 70K, private car MK2 Superb Tsi 1.8 did 35K, never had a problem and transformed the cars, my third remap with them at there H/O, knew the owner when he was one man in a little industrial unit, now he has an international operation!

Is the remap on your MkIII? Does the remap impact on warranty in any way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmm... not sure.. Will they obscure the instrument cluster ? Think I prefer the originals ..

mmm... not sure.. Will they obscure the instrument cluster ? Think I prefer the originals ..

That's also what I was concerned with... But of all the designs on eBay these were the smallest and most... "conservative" (in line with the Superb's general styling).

Nick, could you kindly upload a pic of what the back of the paddles look like? For £16 delivered I think these might be worth trying out for me.

Do you have paddle switches? I'm looking for this kind of wheel (without VRS logo) but with paddles.

Does anyone know where to get one?

Superskoda have all the variations and they have 20% discount at the moment

I don't think they do DSG paddle ones anymore. Can't seem to find any!

That's also what I was concerned with... But of all the designs on eBay these were the smallest and most... "conservative" (in line with the Superb's general styling).

Nick, could you kindly upload a pic of what the back of the paddles look like? For £16 delivered I think these might be worth trying out for me.

Here you go... Sorry about the poor quality.

post-4502-0-08231300-1452374188_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here you go... Sorry about the poor quality.

No that's perfect thanks Nick. They should be the same fixture then as with the VW paddles. Have ordered a brushed metal grey pair to match the SEL Exec panels so let's see how they look! Will keep you all posted.

• Like 1

Hello, my name is Leen and live in The Netherlands. I like this steering wheel very much. Does all the original switches works properly and what kind of tool jou need for mounting this wheel (Torx?, how much is the Torque?)?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Hi Leen, Frank7maart here, also from the Netherlands.. Just ordered my steering wheel and still waiting for my Superb. Maybe we could get in contact about installing it :-)

Just add gmail.com behind my name