Replacing badges, how are they attached?

I want to replace all the old style logos with the new style logos on my VRS estate.

I've seen wheel center caps on eBay and they're easy to change. The front badge clips through the grill and the keys badge is easy enough.

How is the rear badge attached? Same for the logo on the steering wheel? Has anyone replaced the one on the steering wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it is safe to change steering wheel logo...

Plenty info on here as why not to do it...

Wouldn't be pretty if airbag went off and you had a ' new ' style Skoda badge that wasnt secured properly flying at your face...

• 1 month later...

Ali express

I've been trying to get an answer from several sellers as to which logo would come supplied with an airbag cover. But no answers since before Christmas!

However, I've ordered several things via Ali Express and been happy with the outcome and price paid.

They are not great at answering, even if they do its often on Chinglish.

Expect something like "our bag cover is much fit for optimum Skoda"

:D Exaclty what I got when I ordered my front and rear badges. Personally I would not trust anything coming from an unofficial channel when it comes to airbags. I know that on Audi A4 the airbag and cover were the same unit and impossible to separate with "household tools". 

I found the easiest way to remove the rear badge was with a hair dryer and a length of fishing line.  I tried dental floss, but it kept breaking!!

The part numbers for the required badges are as follows;

1ST 853 601A AUL - Front (CitiGo Front)
5J0 853 621 A AUL - Rear ( Fabia Rear)
5JA 601 151 FOD - Wheels (Mk3 Octavia centre caps)

• Like 1

I found the easiest way to remove the rear badge was with a hair dryer and a length of fishing line.  I tried dental floss, but it kept breaking!!

The part numbers for the required badges are as follows;

1ST 853 601A AUL - Front (CitiGo Front)

5J0 853 621 A AUL - Rear ( Fabia Rear)

5JA 601 151 FOD - Wheels (Mk3 Octavia centre caps)

Sound i take it these are the best fits for the Octy

Sound i take it these are the best fits for the Octy

The new style badge wasn't made for the mk2 Octavia, so the ones listed are the best fit.  The wheel centres and tailgate are straightforward to fit.  The one for the grill has a couple of pins on that need to be snapped off prior to fitting.  They are supposed to be there to correctly align the badge, so you will need to be careful when sticking it on.

There is a thread on the Forum with loads of pictures of new badges fitted;

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/238914-new-badges-fitted-with-pictures/page-1?hl=new badges fitted

Edited by Mouldy
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

You could try DMB graphics and get a gel overlay?

They have done numerous custom badges for me in the past. I think it's a safer option when it comes to the steering wheel although it will be smooth (pretty much like the old one so it should be a good fit) and not have the raised profile of the new badge.

• 2 years later...
On 04/01/2016 at 07:34, langers2k said:

A from removal tool made it very easy when I did mine :-)

Hi,

I want to replace my VRS old style steering wheel badge with the new style. Some people seem to be a bit over the top warning that the air bag might go off. But one can hit the wheel centre when pressing the horn and the airbag doesn not deploy accidentally. I have not heard of any cases where the airbag has deployed when playing with the badge. It is strange that my car has new style badges in all other places except the steering wheel.

You mention a tool called a from removal tool. That sounds very strange. I couldn't find anything called that. Is there a missing word or words in your answer? And where might I get such a tool?

Many thanks,

Richard

8 hours ago, OctaviaVRS2 said:

You mention a tool called a from removal tool. That sounds very strange.

Yeah, it was a typo :) I used some plastic trim (from) removal tools to remove the front/back badges.

As for the steering wheel badge, that's not something that's easy to remove given It's designed to stay attached through the explosive deployment of an airbag...

I'm not a fan of trying to remove the existing logo and trying to attach a new one securely, so a few other options include:

- a thin vinyl sticker over the original (probably doesn't look the best but shouldn't cause much damage in a crash/airbag deployment)

- replacing the entire airbag cover (only works for the FL MK2, care is needed and I can't remember where to buy from)

- replacing the steering wheel and airbag with a MK3 style (most expensive)

Plenty more discussion here: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/354511-steering-wheel-badge/

I went for option three when I did mine:

IMG_20150922_081725.jpg

14 hours ago, langers2k said:

Yeah, it was a typo :) I used some plastic trim (from) removal tools to remove the front/back badges.

As for the steering wheel badge, that's not something that's easy to remove given It's designed to stay attached through the explosive deployment of an airbag...

I'm not a fan of trying to remove the existing logo and trying to attach a new one securely, so a few other options include:

- a thin vinyl sticker over the original (probably doesn't look the best but shouldn't cause much damage in a crash/airbag deployment)

- replacing the entire airbag cover (only works for the FL MK2, care is needed and I can't remember where to buy from)

- replacing the steering wheel and airbag with a MK3 style (most expensive)

Plenty more discussion here: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/354511-steering-wheel-badge/

I went for option three when I did mine:

IMG_20150922_081725.jpg

Looks very smart mate