All the colours of the Rainbow?

speedsport

Paid my deposit for my new L&K Yeti yesterday,  I've just got to decide on the colour. 

Frustratingly, there were no paint swatches in the showroom, no brochures (although I have a May 2015 one and the colours have not changed) and no Yeti's to look at to help me decide.

I'm undecided between Cappuccino, Muscovado, and Jungle Green, but the only one of the three colours I've been able to see "in the flesh" was on a S/H Cappuccino Superb on the forecourt. SWMBO isn't keen on the Jungle Green, so that leaves a choice of 2.

I know there are lots of photos on the Forum, and people have various opinions about "the best" colour, but there's no substitution for seeing one in real life. Lots of photos on the internet too, but the colours change depending on the lighting conditions at the time and the colour rendering of the camera.

A search of local dealers hasn't revealed any for me to look at either. And the choice of dealers is rapidly depleting now that Lookers Group is going for world domination in the North!

Is there anyone in the South or West Manchester area with a Muscovado or Cappuchino Yeti that I could have a quick look at in daylight, at a time to suit them?

If only everything in life was as simple as.........    !

It could be worse....  A search of the Yeti site for Czechoslovakia shows no fewer than 26 different body colours for cars available there. And frustratingly the 1.4Tsi with DSG that's not available in the UK is available in several European countries.

Edited by speedsport

I travelled to 4 different dealers around Switzerland to see the same 3 colours "in the flesh"! All 3 are beautiful but: everybody has Cappuccino over here, Jungle Green has an army look to it (says my wife) and so i went with Muscovado and have been getting nothing but compliments ever since ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went through the exact same thing when deciding on the colour of my new Yeti. 

I found that Jungle Green wasn't green enough for me in real life and Cappuccino was too beige.  Muscavado is nice as is Magnetic Brown. 

In the end I opted to go with one that was already queued to be built which limited my choices.

• Like 1

Quote " SWMBO isn't keen on the Jungle Green, so that leaves BLACK."

We went for the Jungle Green at the time the only colour we both liked.

​Like it a lot now it does grow on you, specially when the sun shines on it, very nice. And it doesn't show the dirt too much. 

Was looking only yesterday at Yeti's & wifee says next time we will have black. So thats it, my mind has been made up for me.

And it doesn't show the dirt too much. 

Was looking only yesterday at Yeti's & wifee says next time we will have black.

Black really will show the dirt - good luck with that one... :p

Edited by rriggs
  • Like 1

I love my Petrol Blue!

Despite me looking for one I never saw one before I picked it up. The swatch was a waste of time as it looks nothing like it!

Jungle Green and White are the two predominant colours in the brochures I have.

Skoda want to sell cars, and these are the colours they think look best.

I bought a City in White. If I wanted the rufty tufty Outdoor it would have been the Jungle Green.

Colin

What about white good with contrasting black bits - also doesn't cost any extra.

Would be my choice.

Agree

Particularly with privacy glass........the more black contrast the better.

It's an easy colour to resell also.

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments folks....  I met up with Greenline II Estate this afternoon and had a good look at his new Muscovado L&K, which does look rather good and, more importantly, SWMBO approved! The sun even came out for a time too, so we've seen the way the colour changes in differing light conditions. So the decision is made, Muscovado it is.

Typically, on the way back home, after all that effort to keep a certain person sweet, I heard those immortal words from the passenger seat..... "I don't know what the fuss is about, it's only a car"! Aaarrggh!!! :wall:

We all know what would have happened if I'd just gone ahead and ordered the car without proper consultation don't we? 

Best laid plans etc

Anyway, thanks Tony for going to all the trouble to meet up, it was a pleasure to meet you & your new toy.

• Like 3

Anyway, thanks Tony for going to all the trouble to meet up, it was a pleasure to meet you & your new toy.

A pleasure John.

I did get the impression your other half had switched off after about 10 mins of us talking cars.  :D

Glad it helped you make your mind up. It looks much better when it's clean. 

• Like 1

Quote " so we've seen the way the colour changes in differing light conditions. So the decision is made,  Jungle Green it is.

Very good choice. 

The sun even came out for a time too, so we've seen the way the colour changes in differing light conditions. Very true.

What about white good with contrasting black bits - also doesn't cost any extra.

Would be my choice.

Two dealers I spoke to both said that demand for S/H white cars is starting to tail off now, largely because there are so many on the road these days. Where they used to offer a slightly higher price for a white car on a trade-in, they no longer do.

Having said that, white cars seem to have a greater road presence - for some reason they do look larger than some of the more subtle colours and the colour does suit the Yeti.

• 2 months later...

My 'built and en route' L&K is Magnetic Brown, A colour like Marmite, you either love it or hate it.

Actually the colour is exactly marmite. Would have preferred Jungle Green but No. 2 son beat me to it

and it would have been cruel to out-spec him.

Finally, it was between Muscovado and Magnetic Brown. Personally thought MB went better with the brown leather seats

but I have been having the odd sleepless night ever since.

If it shows too much dirt and dust, I shall be reminded every time I wash it!

Ah well, the price of exclusivity?

When you think about it, the Yeti looks good in all the colour choices and it's more a matter of deciding which ones to deny yourself .........that isn't the case with a lot of cars in my eyes.

Muscovado is not especially good at hiding the dirt believe me.  :rain:  :rain:  :doh:

Strange, I found that most road dirt (excluding road salt) was similar in shade to Muscovado and so didn't really show for a long time. I suppose it depends on where you live. 

My current Jungle Green is also good at hiding the dirt.

Fred

re above     'Muscovado is not especially good at hiding the dirt believe me.'

Makes my MB feel a lot better, thank you for the backhanded reassurance about the dirt!

Kind regards

PS can anyone tell me why my ID refers to '0 warning points'?  Am I on probation as a newbie?

Strange, I found that most road dirt (excluding road salt) was similar in shade to Muscovado and so didn't really show for a long time. I suppose it depends on where you live. 

My current Jungle Green is also good at hiding the dirt.

Fred

They have been spreading quite a bit of salt on the roads recently and that is what is showing.

I think the summer dirt!! may not be quite as obvious.

PS can anyone tell me why my ID refers to '0 warning points'?  Am I on probation as a newbie?

No. it means you haven't been a naughty boy and had your wrist slapped by the Mods.

And only you can see it, we can't.