NOISE IN REAR SUSPENSION

statistics 2016.04.18 from this tread -

present:
TSI 280 DSG 4x4 DCC L&K (unclerichy; lao; l4wrence)
TSI 220 DSG --- DCC L&K (pentaxian)
TSI 220 DSG --- DCC Style (Deerjohn; MartiniB; todor87)
TDI 190 DSG 4x4 DCC L&K (difference; skogis; Enriquez; mrBira)
TDI 190 DSG ??? DCC L&K (FelisBengalensis; Maherto)
TDI 190 ??? --- --- SE L (sendo111)
TDI 190 DSG ??? ??? SE L (Tonydo)
TDI 150 DSG --- DCC L&K (Sagalout; Simon-R; Tonydo)
TDI 150 ??? --- DCC Style (SuperbMan71)

none:
TSI 280 DSG 4x4 DCC L&K (micloi; sooty1444; Prykey)
TSI 280 DSG 4x4 --- SE L (Nick_H)
TSI 180 DSG --- DCC L&K (ssc)
TSI 150 MAN --- --- SE L (czexpat)
TDI 190 DSG 4x4 DCC L&K (Kungfugerbil)
TDI 190 DSG --- DCC L&K (Devonshiredave)
TDI 150 MAN 4x4 --- SE L (muddyboots)
??? 150 DSG ??? ??? ??? (blue_boy)

please do quote last post, the first can't be edited

Mine is going for an upgrade next week Monday if new components will arrive on time to the local dealer.

Talked today with my dealer's service manager and information is the same. Factory has published the fix - components and TPI (repair instructions). Now waiting when components will be delivered to dealer's service.

• Like 2

Hello Friends,

i was today on service. They changed the silentblocks and is really huge different. Now is it finally a quiet car indeed.

But is quiet a complicated service. It takes them 4 hours, because the silentblocks are molded and they must molded back the new ones, and after all, they must make the geometry settings.

( at least i get this info from my dealer)

I wish everybody good luck with fixing this stupid issue.

best,

Lukas.

ps. exuses for my excelent english

That is great news johnmilton, pleased they have found a solution to the problem and think I will get mine booked in for the first week of June to be done when it is convenient for me.

This has taken months to rectify and sure it's good news that existing owners can get a fix, but what is happening on the production line.

Do we the guys waiting for their cars get a fault that has to be retro fixed or have they done the mod on the production line?

The silence is deafening from Skoda 

@Johnmilton

do they worked with front rattles too?

that are less noticeable, only on sleeping police mans and ~3cm thresholds

statistics 2016.04.22 from this tread -

present/solved:

TDI 190 DSG ??? DCC L&K (FelisBengalensis; Maherto; Johnmilton)

TDI 150 MAN --- DCC L&K (Rifleman)

none:

I have requested the fix from my local service centre but they have said "we are not able to bring your car in for the suspension noise yet as Skoda have not launched an official recall."

Has anyone else in the UK had any luck getting the fix? They want to book my car in to attempt a diagnostic of the suspension noise but I don't see the point. I know what the issue is, the factory have the fix, I just want them to apply the fix!

I have requested the fix from my local service centre but they have said "we are not able to bring your car in for the suspension noise yet as Skoda have not launched an official recall."

Has anyone else in the UK had any luck getting the fix? They want to book my car in to attempt a diagnostic of the suspension noise but I don't see the point. I know what the issue is, the factory have the fix, I just want them to apply the fix!

Your local service ir telling you bull****. Request your service to order new parts and change them as far as this rattle issue will not be solved with an official recall. 

You mean the noise in the front?

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

A tech service bulletin HAS been issued in the UK! You have just been given the std "we need to check your vehicle first" response that service admin are told to use. Maybe the fault is not on all vehicles so they dont want to order parts until they confirm yours. I would push them to get you booked now as you are certain that your car is affected

A tech service bulletin HAS been issued in the UK! You have just been given the std "we need to check your vehicle first" response that service admin are told to use. Maybe the fault is not on all vehicles so they dont want to order parts until they confirm yours. I would push them to get you booked now as you are certain that your car is affected

Just adding my rattling 190 DSG 2WD L&K to the list............

present/solved:
TDI 190 DSG ??? DCC L&K (FelisBengalensis; Maherto; dstev_2000; Johnmilton)

none:

Yes my dealer is the same "oh never heard of that, nothing on the system.  we will have to get it booked in for us to check it"

Just adding my rattling 190 DSG 2WD L&K to the list............

present/solved:
TDI 190 DSG ??? DCC L&K (FelisBengalensis; Maherto; dstev_2000; Johnmilton)

none:

TDI 150 DSG DCC L&K - no discernible rattle, noise or grating sound

I haven't noticed any rattles from the front. Mine is definately from the rear only. It doesn't seem to matter what DCC setting is selected, the noise can be heard on each mode (e.g. Comfort, Normal, Sport).

The key to re-creating the rear noise is an uneven road driven at slow speed. It may be that some simply haven't noticed due to the problem needing specific circumstances to hear it. Once you find a road where the noise occurs it'll happen everytime on that road. It's not really apparrent when driving slowly over the odd pothole. Washboard type roads are more likely to highlight this noise.

• Like 1

When I was on holiday a few weeks back, the road in and out of where we were staying had big speed bumps, a 5mph limit and a generally uneven road surface. That was perfect for demonstrating the racket from the rear suspension. I tested in all modes and the noise was the same. 

I think the best place to test for it would be a cobbled road - not that there are many of those left any more! 

Is it only two of us with rattles from the front also?

Low speed: rear

Higher speeds: front

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

I have rattles from front left higher speed too. :dull:

Edited by todor87

I have had my Superb L&K for about three weeks now. I also have the knocking in the rear suspension at low speeds over bumpy surfaces. Once I get above 15 miles an hour it rides as I would expect it to on 19" wheels (probably better). I have emptied the boot and replaced everything tightened the spare wheel nut and toolbox strap.

I have been following this thread since I noticed the noise and have mentioned to my dealer the fault, and the thread. The service manager said they had no experience of this fault.

Having seen other members say that a UK bulletin had been issued regarding this I contacted Skoda UK customer services for any further information I could present to my dealer to get this fixed.

They said that it was definitely NOT a known fault and that no bulletin had been issued!

So I suppose it's a trip to the dealers to properly register the fault and let them 'have it in to take a look!'

Sounds like the usual evasive bull**** from the dealer network, and Skoda UK then! 

If one dealer says there is a TSB/Recall/whatever regarding this or ANY problem, surely this information is pushed out to EVERY main dealer at the same time. This just reinforces my opinion that all dealers assume that we, the paying customer know nothing about cars, and will just drive off into the sunset, knocking suspension and all! 

I've been fobbed off like this on several occasions over the years. I've known there is an official TSB for a specific problem, and I've been told point blank by the dealership that there is no known fault etc. It's taken an argument and the presenting of evidence for them to acknowledge there is indeed a known issue. 

This really ****es me off. 

Sounds like the usual evasive bull**** from the dealer network, and Skoda UK then! 

If one dealer says there is a TSB/Recall/whatever regarding this or ANY problem, surely this information is pushed out to EVERY main dealer at the same time. This just reinforces my opinion that all dealers assume that we, the paying customer know nothing about cars, and will just drive off into the sunset, knocking suspension and all! 

I've been fobbed off like this on several occasions over the years. I've known there is an official TSB for a specific problem, and I've been told point blank by the dealership that there is no known fault etc. It's taken an argument and the presenting of evidence for them to acknowledge there is indeed a known issue. 

This really ****es me off. 

Temporary change of direction regarding lying dealerships...after my daughter picked her new Polo GTi up in 2000, I noticed it had no wheel nut covers....I went back and mentioned about it and the salesman said it didn't come with any, despite a Polo in the showroom having them. A few days later I took my Bora in to be looked at and was lent a salespersons Golf convertible and Nicked them off that!!!

Never heard anything about it and have NEVER trusted a car salesman since!

• Like 1