Just remapped my car...

Hi, just remapped my car 2008 skoda octsvia vrs rs mk2 170bhp common rail standard to 235bhp dpf removed egr deleted and performance remapped what do you thing guys?

60bhp is a lot from just a remap alone...

what make/link etc?..would be interested to see their claims and figures

It hasn't had just a remap, the DPF has gone also which i'm sure can easily free up a few more horses.

Spelling lessons ;)

Depends on the drive ability of the car and if it has been done with clouds of black smoke which you've not mentioned. Do you want to give us some more information?

170bhp common rail standard to 235bhp dpf removed egr deleted and performance remapped what do you thing guys?

Looks quite a high figure to me!

+1

Who did the remap?

Figures are one thing but it’s how it drives which is the main thing, I have tried several remaps (Quantum, faboka, Shark) and a couple of digital tuning boxes (Dragon, DTUK) whilst they all produced better power they were certainly not anywhere near equal regarding how they drove.

faboka’s was great on a PD and Shark’s was equally as good on a CR both very smooth, smoke free and powerful.

What do I think?

Unless I'm incredibly mistaken (may need educating), I was under the impression the CR 170 came into play on the 09 models onwards. You stating 235bhp also tells me you've gone for a more than modest Stage 2 remap as Shark claims that 215bhp is the most realistic gains to expect from the common rail. Smokey bum bum by any chance?

Not sure where the extra 20bhp comes in either.

Mind you, might be a genuine mapper (who you've yet to disclose btw). Hmmmmmmm, tell you what, entertain me and provide more info. Then, I'll really tell you what I think :)

Methinks there will be no answers to the questions posed to the OP. Two posts (other was duplicate of this) on day they signed up to Briskoda and haven't visited since. I suspect either willy-waving or provocateur.

Edited by nickgpfc
  • Like 1

depending on injectors. limit is around 210 as far as I know.

there might be very aggressive tune with lots of exhaust temperature and quickly killing turbo.

my aggressive remap damaged turbo after just few weeks of testing :-D