I have a work around for this problem, a little bit of a faff...... by obtaining your chosen poi's in Tomtom asc format then upload it to both VW Pro Site and Skoda collections site both result in slightly different outputs/file structures.

By using the files generated by the Skoda site (these will be read by the columbus but will more likely fail at 50% complete if used without manipulation ) you need to navigate to \PersonalPOI\MIB2\MIB2HIGH\PersonalPOI there you will find 2 folders ....InfoFile and Package. These need to be replaced by the same 2 files generated by the VW site, navigate to \PersonalPOI\MIB2HIGH\PersonalPOI. So copy and paste away and there you have it..... well it worked for me!!!

N.B. I only used 1 set of poi's haven't tried it when compiling several.

21 minutes ago, panmat said:

I have a work around for this problem, a little bit of a faff...... by obtaining your chosen poi's in Tomtom asc format then upload it to both VW Pro Site and Skoda collections site both result in slightly different outputs/file structures.

By using the files generated by the Skoda site (these will be read by the columbus but will more likely fail at 50% complete if used without manipulation ) you need to navigate to \PersonalPOI\MIB2\MIB2HIGH\PersonalPOI there you will find 2 folders ....InfoFile and Package. These need to be replaced by the same 2 files generated by the VW site, navigate to \PersonalPOI\MIB2HIGH\PersonalPOI. So copy and paste away and there you have it..... well it worked for me!!!

You had my hopes up there. The Skoda site just errors out for me. 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Input string was not in a correct format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request.

Yay, Skoda. :dry:  I gave up and installed a car mount for my phone the other day. Waze gives all the cameras, mobile cam spots, real time police presence and traffic.

Yeah it did for me too only the TomTom asc format worked for me all other formats failed! Idownloaded them from pioplaza

Edited by panmat

On 06/02/2017 at 20:52, Rainmaker said:

I am suddenly having this error, also. I download the camera files (Pocket GPS World), set up as usual on the VW site, then download the .zip. Unpack to a blank USB drive, and plug into the Columbus. I get 'USB: Software update found' (or similar), but when I try to load the update I get a long pause while it searches, then 'Error: no update found, please check the source and try again'. I've tried formatting the drive as NTFS, FAT, FAT32 etc and no dice. It's the exact same drive and method I've used for the last year without issue, but now it won't work. 

I'm trying to remember whether I've ever updated the POIs since the 2017 SatNav update from Skoda. Maybe they borked something?

I am having this exact same problem. I've only just got my car and have been trying to update POIs for BP petrol stations, as I have to use them with my company fuel card.

I've tried the Skoda site with Chrome, Firefox, and IE on Windows, as well as with Chrome, Firefox and Safari on a Mac, I can upload my list no problem, but the site errors when trying to save the collection?

I've been able to create and save the collection using the VW site no problem, but when trying to update I get the same long pause while is searching and eventually it reports that no updates can be found.

I'm an IT technical engineer, I should be able to do this, so its driving be batty!

Anyone know why?

5 hours ago, FraggaZagga said:

I am having this exact same problem. I've only just got my car and have been trying to update POIs for BP petrol stations, as I have to use them with my company fuel card.

I've tried the Skoda site with Chrome, Firefox, and IE on Windows, as well as with Chrome, Firefox and Safari on a Mac, I can upload my list no problem, but the site errors when trying to save the collection?

I've been able to create and save the collection using the VW site no problem, but when trying to update I get the same long pause while is searching and eventually it reports that no updates can be found.

I'm an IT technical engineer, I should be able to do this, so its driving be batty!

Anyone know why?

I'm seeing too many reports of this for it be user error. In highly technical terms, I fear Skoda have b*ggered something up and can only hope a future Columbus update resolves it.

5 hours ago, FraggaZagga said:

I've only just got my car and have been trying to update POIs for BP petrol stations, as I have to use them with my company fuel card.

Petrol Stations are a default POI already installed. If you go to Settings > Fuel you can set the brand as BP and the first three listed should be the nearest BP stations, followed by the nearest other brands.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BillyJim said:

Petrol Stations are a default POI already installed. If you go to Settings > Fuel you can set the brand as BP and the first three listed should be the nearest BP stations, followed by the nearest other brands.

Thanks for the reply BillyJim, I have looked in there and there are a load of brands of Petrol stations Shell, Esso, Jet etc... but not BP, its just not in the list?

There is a BP station just up from my office that I usually use, it shows up an the nav as a station, but it gives no indication of the brand?

11 hours ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

I'm seeing too many reports of this for it be user error. In highly technical terms, I fear Skoda have b*ggered something up and can only hope a future Columbus update resolves it.

I have reported the website SQL error to Skoda technical support, not sure it there is anything they can actually do about it as I bet the site was developed by a third party company and not in house, but you never know!

17 minutes ago, FraggaZagga said:

I have reported the website SQL error to Skoda technical support, not sure it there is anything they can actually do about it as I bet the site was developed by a third party company and not in house, but you never know!

I'm sure you're right. I was actually thinking more of the error that's coming up when people have successfully put POIs on an SD card and tried to update the Columbus. Flashes up that a software update is available, and then when you try to apply it it thinks about it for a few seconds and then returns a 'no updates available' error.

1 hour ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

I'm sure you're right. I was actually thinking more of the error that's coming up when people have successfully put POIs on an SD card and tried to update the Columbus. Flashes up that a software update is available, and then when you try to apply it it thinks about it for a few seconds and then returns a 'no updates available' error.

Yes, that problem! I was hoping to be able to try the possible solution to that as suggested by panmat?

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 17:12, panmat said:

But without that blasted Skoda site working, can't even try it.

I have been updating my POIs using the VW site every month since taking delivery of my Superb MkIII last April. I update the speed camera database from Pocket GPS world.

The VW site has always worked for me up to now, the Skoda site has never worked. On the skoda site I import the .kmz files but the site always says there are zero entries imported.

I have just tried to perform my monthly update but the Columbus unit is now refusing to import the POIs, it says it can't find any update.

Spent a couple of hours re-creating the database, trying different SD cards all to no avail.

I guess that VW have changed their POI creation process and screwed it up. As the Skoda site has never worked that leaves us owners with no way of importing our own POI databases.

That's a disgrace in my opinion and Skoda/VW should get their act together and get it sorted!!

31 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

I have been updating my POIs using the VW site every month since taking delivery of my Superb MkIII last April. I update the speed camera database from Pocket GPS world.

The VW site has always worked for me up to now, the Skoda site has never worked. On the skoda site I import the .kmz files but the site always says there are zero entries imported.

I have just tried to perform my monthly update but the Columbus unit is now refusing to import the POIs, it says it can't find any update.

Spent a couple of hours re-creating the database, trying different SD cards all to no avail.

I guess that VW have changed their POI creation process and screwed it up. As the Skoda site has never worked that leaves us owners with no way of importing our own POI databases.

That's a disgrace in my opinion and Skoda/VW should get their act together and get it sorted!!

I found an archive of the last successful update I performed, dated 31/12/2016.

I have just tried updating from that and it works normally. Must conclude from that that the problem is with the WV site, they must have updated their process and borked it for us Skoda owners....

42 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

I found an archive of the last successful update I performed, dated 31/12/2016.

I have just tried updating from that and it works normally. Must conclude from that that the problem is with the WV site, they must have updated their process and borked it for us Skoda owners....

Any chance you can post a link so I can get a copy of that archive file, i'd like to take a look at the file structure, see if I cant figure out what might be wrong?

1 hour ago, FraggaZagga said:

Any chance you can post a link so I can get a copy of that archive file, i'd like to take a look at the file structure, see if I cant figure out what might be wrong?

Sorry, can't do that. The camera database is a commercial paid for service and there are other personal POI categories included in the POI set that I'm not prepared to pass on to a third party.

• Like 1

I had a saved version of working PIOs which I have compared to the new version from the VW site. It appears there are differences in two files produced in the zip file:

metainfo2.txt (this resides in the root, e.g. not in any directories)

PersonalPOI\MIB2DE\metainfo2.txt

The newer files seems to have added some text:

Variant27 = "17247"
Variant28 = "17252"
Variant29 = "17254"
Variant30 = "17255"
Variant31 = "17268"
Variant32 = "17269"
Variant33 = "17270"
Variant34 = "17271"

and

Variant5 = "17247"
Variant6 = "17252"
Variant7 = "17254"
Variant8 = "17255"
Variant9 = "17268"
Variant10 = "17269"
Variant11 = "17270"
Variant12 = "17271"

Plus the checksums are different naturally. I have attached the old working files. The first file is the root one and the second file is the one for the PersonalPOI\MIB2DE\ directory. I haven't tried this but my theory is if those two files are replaced after unzipping the file created from the VW website it should then load into the car.

You can tell which file is which by looking at the file in a text editor.

The root file starts with:

[common]
Vendor = "Volkswagen"

The PersonalPOI\MIB2DE file starts with:

[common]
skipSaveTrainName = "true"

metainfo2.txt

metainfo2.txt

I have been trying for some time to try and get Skoda to sort out their MyDestinations website so that the POI installer actually works.

Most recently Skoda claimed it wasn't their problem because the data for updates and POI's is not provided by them, it is provided by a company called HERE and their website is www.navigation.com.

Having contacted HERE, and having gone on to their navigation.com website, you can see that they provide the data but they insist, and I think they are correct, that the Skoda website is provided by Skoda, not HERE.

I have gone back to Skoda customer service and will update this forum in due course.

In the meantime if others could help by emailing [email protected] to also complain about the POI problem it might help a lot.

• Like 2

Has anyone managed to load a KML file into the Skoda My Destinations website?

http://mydestination.skoda-auto.com/POIs

I have attached a file I just created with Google Earth. When I try to import it to the Skoda POI site I get an error page:

<kml xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2'> was not expected.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: <kml xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2'> was not expected.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Skoda.kml

10 hours ago, l4wrence said:

Has anyone managed to load a KML file into the Skoda My Destinations website?

http://mydestination.skoda-auto.com/POIs

I have attached a file I just created with Google Earth. When I try to import it to the Skoda POI site I get an error page:

<kml xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2'> was not expected.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: <kml xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2'> was not expected.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Skoda.kml

Didn't work for me either. I've given up trying for the moment as it's driving me mad trying to get some simple POIs into the damned system!