First spotted !

Seen a few myself in Waterford. Maybe it's because I'm looking at the Superb Estate for next year but even in the hatchback, it really stands out in the crowd.

Yes quite a few around even though it's early days. It's good that all from ambition (SE) upwards have bi-xenons as standard. Makes some difference and transforms the car. What version are you thinking of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep seeing a Rosso one, but it's always mine reflecting in a shop window........

Sadly we won't too many Rossos in the new Superb after being discontinued. Makes the early ones that managed to have the colour quite rare.

• Like 1

Yes quite a few around even though it's early days. It's good that all from ambition (SE) upwards have bi-xenons as standard. Makes some difference and transforms the car. What version are you thinking of?

That's what I've noticed as well, nearly all the cars coming into Barrett's are Ambition spec which is disappointing.

This is what I'm looking at for next year.

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/79212316?utm_source=QRcode&utm_medium=konfigurator&utm_campaign=konfigurator

Edited by Bandit1988
  • Like 1

That's what I've noticed as well, nearly all the cars coming into Barrett's are Ambition spec which is disappointing.

This is what I'm looking at for next year.

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/79212316?utm_source=QRcode&utm_medium=konfigurator&utm_campaign=konfigurator

Not surprised there. The 1.6 ambition is the one that Skoda are pushing hard as the big seller. They usually play it safe in Barretts and stick with standard colours and base engines for any of the garage cars. There is a nice 152 lava (petrol) blue around on 18" wheels and doesn't look too bad for an ambition.

That's some spec you're looking at there! The jungle green is growing on me from some of the pics I've seen on here. Not cheap anymore at the top end of the range though! I'm thinking about next year myself and half considering a 150 manual L&K (I think that's a good replacement for the 170) but not sure at €40K+ as that kind of money buys a few other nice cars as well. I'll see....

• Like 3

I've seen them around in Dublin since last summer.  Quite a few around now and plenty of estates too

and I thought I was eagle eyed !! Have you got yours yet ?

and I thought I was eagle eyed !! Have you got yours yet ?

I haven't even ordered one yet - just hanging around the SIII forum at the moment with a lot of interest and getting very tempted :) I've a 141 so will be a 171 for me hopefully if I go for the SIII. I'll probably go for one alright as can't see what else I would drive at this stage bar spending €50K+ on an Audi. It would be my third Superb and seventh Skoda if I went for another! Price is putting me off a little and can't see the value in the Irish L&K TBH so perhaps a 150 Style with maybe 18s and a few extras might be what I'd opt for. Judging by lead times I'd have to be putting an order in around the summer!

• Like 1

I haven't even ordered one yet - just hanging around the SIII forum at the moment with a lot of interest and getting very tempted :) I've a 141 so will be a 171 for me hopefully if I go for the SIII. I'll probably go for one alright as can't see what else I would drive at this stage bar spending €50K+ on an Audi. It would be my third Superb and seventh Skoda if I went for another! Price is putting me off a little and can't see the value in the Irish L&K TBH so perhaps a 150 Style with maybe 18s and a few extras might be what I'd opt for. Judging by lead times I'd have to be putting an order in around the summer!

i did go for the L&k, my logic was that when you add up the extras there's not much in it, and when you add in discounts etc it was a let cheaper than Audi or Merc. I also looked at Vignale and Mazda 6 and felt there was no comparison. I agreed to buy mine at the start of Dec and was originally told a build date of start Jan - while I'm disappointed the date has been put back - no definite date yet, but I'm continually renegotiating price on the basis of having to wait longer - cos they really want their 'top' model on the roads
  • Like 1

i did go for the L&k, my logic was that when you add up the extras there's not much in it, and when you add in discounts etc it was a let cheaper than Audi or Merc. I also looked at Vignale and Mazda 6 and felt there was no comparison. I agreed to buy mine at the start of Dec and was originally told a build date of start Jan - while I'm disappointed the date has been put back - no definite date yet, but I'm continually renegotiating price on the basis of having to wait longer - cos they really want their 'top' model on the roads

Well if there is a bit of haggling to be done it might be a different story but it would want to be a decent enough discount. There was only a grand or so in it between the elegance and the L&K before so it was a no-brainer. I would be a little disappointed having to take a step back from the L&K if I'm really honest. I've been starting to look around at other options but it's the same story. Nothing out there comes close, except the premium brands and then you're looking at second hand realistically as I change every three years.

Sounds like you're negotiating well! Are you going to take the standard 19s? I'd still spec 18s even on a new L&K as the 19s with the 40 profile just wouldn't work for me. I had enough of the 40s before on my own L&K with all the banging and crashing m. Crazy that the 19s are standard in Ireland of all places!

Well if there is a bit of haggling to be done it might be a different story but it would want to be a decent enough discount. There was only a grand or so in it between the elegance and the L&K before so it was a no-brainer. I would be a little disappointed having to take a step back from the L&K if I'm really honest. I've been starting to look around at other options but it's the same story. Nothing out there comes close, except the premium brands and then you're looking at second hand realistically as I change every three years.

Sounds like you're negotiating well! Are you going to take the standard 19s? I'd still spec 18s even on a new L&K as the 19s with the 40 profile just wouldn't work for me. I had enough of the 40s before on my own L&K with all the banging and crashing m. Crazy that the 19s are standard in Ireland of all places!

the 19s are standard all right - I haven't thought of changing, and scared if I change now I'll go to the end of the queue

• 2 weeks later...

I followed a dark blue or black (L&K?) estate along the A358 and B3224 this morning. First time I have been able to get a good look at what the estate looks like on the road.

Smart is the answer; looks like it is gliding over the road, no pitching on the bends etc. Noticed the 'brilliants' in the back light assembly looked like chrome trim from a distance.

Altogether it looks a premium car from those angles.

This is only the second Superb 3 I have seen around here so far.  One hatch and one estat5e

Edited by Sagalout

This is what I'm looking at for next year. http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/79212316?utm_source=QRcode&utm_medium=konfigurator&utm_campaign=konfigurator

Just heard a rumour that barrett's lost the franchise, if true, just as well i purchased my new S3 in Enniscorthy
  • Like 1

I thought all superb rear lights go into the boot?

Peeves me a little that really, basic styling like that should traverse the whole range in my eyes to portray the entire 'brand'. I don't really think it should be an option. Especially something quite trivial from a cost perspective. I'd like to extend this argument to bi-xenon's and the fancy drls but that possibly is a more marked feature so to speak.

Can't see why the likes of Audi still do this too as a premium brand I'm always a little disappointed to see stock halogens on an A4.

Guess I'll have to get used to it, se business on order!

• Like 1

Just heard a rumour that barrett's lost the franchise, if true, just as well i purchased my new S3 in Enniscorthy

Yes, George Corbett will be taking it on AFAIK. Barretts remain as a service agent for the moment. I think the changeover is pretty soon actually