Techie's new runabout

Tech1e

Some more fun, frolics and frustration at the unit today.

First up taking the front struts off, driveshaft was seized solid in the right hand hub. Need to do a wheel bearing on this side. But a seized driveshaft doesn't pose an issue when you have the tool for the job.

7B149029-B99D-4610-899C-688D9021EB4D_zps

I used to have a tool very similar to that for pulling the rear drums off rear-engines Skodas. The drums where forced onto a tapered shaft and it was almost impossible to shift them without the tool. It was bigger and meatier than the one in your pic as it had to be. It looked like a top hat. Someone made it for me at an oil rig yard :D

I'm pretty confident for you!

I'd be interested in the HC number though. Last two years my BBY has chucked out over 100ppm, like you with a new rear cat this year (no difference to last years reading IIRC).The missus's 1.2 barely registers on the HC ppm scale by contrast, so I want to understand why mine's worse. Neither uses any oil to speak of.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All passed with no advisories, emissions were all in the green and HC was reading 47.

Please tell me they put an advisory on abouts it's fat arse?!?! :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...