Techie's new runabout

Tech1e

• 3 weeks later...

Just caught up with this, Question for you Techie, removing the Interior Trim on the B pillars and the bottom of the 4 door sills.... how the heck do you get them off/out? ive never done it without breaking the plastic or the metal retaining clips! would be handy to know any tricks for routing a power feed to the boot as you have (but without removing the entire inside of the car :D )

Just caught up with this, Question for you Techie, removing the Interior Trim on the B pillars and the bottom of the 4 door sills.... how the heck do you get them off/out? ive never done it without breaking the plastic or the metal retaining clips! would be handy to know any tricks for routing a power feed to the boot as you have (but without removing the entire inside of the car :D )

It's a practiced technique but a good trim lever or flat blade screwdriver helps.

• Like 1

It's a practiced technique but a good trim lever or flat blade screwdriver helps.

Is there a certain end to start at? Where it goes up underneath the b pillar or under the dashboard at the bottom seems to be pretty tricky.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes the Fabia is still mine, still in the workshop and I've just started turning the spanner on it again as I've finally had some time to myself.

Underside is now fully stripped and cleaned and under sealed.

Sill edges repaired and sealed

Heat shields repaired

New front to rear brake lines

New hand brake cables

Steering rack refurbished

Front sub frame powder coated inc front and rear ARBs

Hubs powder coated and new bearings installed

IMG_5774.JPG

• Like 3