Possible to disable automatic start of heated windscreen?

Im wondering, is there any way to prevent the heated windscreen to start up automatically when starting the car in cold temperatures?

Havent found any settings for it in the infotainment.

Edited by Gromle

Im wondering, is there any way to prevent the heated windscreen to start up automatically when starting the car in cold temperatures?

Havent found any settings for it in the infotainment.

I think it may be in the heating controls (setup button on the heading control dials) but it's been a while since I've looked.

There is definately an option for "Enable Automatic Windscreen Heating" as I turned it on the help with demisting when its cold & damp..

If you can find it in the normal vehicle settings try pressing "Setup" on the climate controls & looking in the option there as Gullyg suggests.

I can't remember off the top of my head where it was.

Mine doesn't have it either but I wish it did, my old Mondeo had it and it was very useful. I wonder if it can be enabled with VCDS.

looking through some settings on the OBDeleven today you can adjust the duration the heated front screen stays on for - the default i think is 600seconds.

i don't remember seeing a temperature that triggers it, nor an option to enable it automatically (wasn't looking for that as i can toggle this from the ventilation controls onscreen menu on the vrs)

will have another look later

Maybe some people are getting confused, or maybe it's just me, but I think the OP must have the front heated windscreen option fitted and if so there is an option in the Heating/Cooling menu to enable/disable "Automatic windscreen heating".

I have the heated windscreen and have this option in the appropriate menu.

• Like 1

I have a heated windscreen but there is no option to enable/disable "Automatic Windscreen Heating". Maybe Skoda think that it doesn't get cold enough in the UK!

I have a heated windscreen but there is no option to enable/disable "Automatic Windscreen Heating". Maybe Skoda think that it doesn't get cold enough in the UK!

I found that option in menu for the climate control, just as the others in this thread has said.

Its a tickbox in the bottom of a submenu in the CC-setup.

Just to make it clear, this is for the heated front windscreen.

Thanks all!

• Like 1

The option is nowhere to be found on my car. All I have in the CC options are automatic recirculation and the 3 strength options for the air-conditioning.

Are there different levels of climate control on the Elegance in the UK ?

I would have expected the elegance to have the top level dual-zone climate system?

I don't have the winter pack, I just added heated screen as an option to my vRS and this option was available in the climate settings.

same here, added heated screen and by default this implies heated front seats. maybe there are diferences betweend different MY. mine is 2014.

It must be a UK thing. I have the winter pack, heated screen, heated seats, dual-zone climate control but no option for auto-windscreen heating. That is why I originally wondered if it could be enabled with VCDS.

I have a 2014 '63 plate elegance with winter pack, heated seats etc, etc and mine does have that setting within the climate control menu

It came in from a certain MY change, as far as I can tell it is dependent on the firmware version on the HVAC unit. My 13 plate didn't have it, my 64 plate does.

It can't be enabled by VCDS as far as I know.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...