Briski Bikers Come Forward! - Part II 'General Banter'

FUBAR

seem to have lost my V5. Had the house upside down today (not literally, I'm only a plumber...) but cant find it anywhere. Proper stressed me out. 

Ordered a new one off the DVLA though n they reckon itll take 3-5 working days to arrive. So thats not the end of the world i guess. 

Bit of sad news last night.  I am on a faceslap group for Lincolnshire Police past and present and read the news last night that my Instructor who took me on my Standard and Advanced bike courses has passed away.  He retired to Portugal but recently came back and bought a house in Boston due to ill health.  He wouldn't be very much older than me.  RIP old friend.

Having only joined that group a few weeks ago I am amazed at the amount of people I have worked with or knew through the job that have passed.  Another reminder 'if' it were needed to go out and enjoy it all while you can.

Bit of sad news last night. I am on a faceslap group for Lincolnshire Police past and present and read the news last night that my Instructor who took me on my Standard and Advanced bike courses has passed away. He retired to Portugal but recently came back and bought a house in Boston due to ill health. He wouldn't be very much older than me. RIP old friend.

Having only joined that group a few weeks ago I am amazed at the amount of people I have worked with or knew through the job that have passed. Another reminder 'if' it were needed to go out and enjoy it all while you can.

Sorry to hear this Chris.

Cruel world isnt it.

Yes it is Oli but it is nice to see posts from literally dozens of people remembering him and paying their respects.  I am not a massive fan of faceslap (well not at all really) but at least amongst all the dross and idiots there is the opportunity to keep in touch and to show respect when needed.  I am not a massive fan of forums either really due to the idiot content and this area is the only one I frequent because you are all so nice. :notme::D

Yes it is Oli but it is nice to see posts from literally dozens of people remembering him and paying their respects. I am not a massive fan of faceslap (well not at all really) but at least amongst all the dross and idiots there is the opportunity to keep in touch and to show respect when needed. I am not a massive fan of forums either really due to the idiot content and this area is the only one I frequent because you are all so nice. :notme::D

How lovely. Im almost flattered ;). :D.

I only really use this one tbh. Been reading through the Aprilia one recently though, seeing what im letting myself in for.

Ah going over to the dark side! Hmm I expect you will be out in the garden at full moon baying in some unspeakable clothing next!

Just having a nosey at what the darkside is like :D

So far ive read more *******ings for people not introducing themselves before asking questions than anythin else :D.

Unspeakable clothing? Surely thats full leathers n a helmet :D

Well would love to stay and chat but some of us have work to do! First day in my new job today. See if I can get sacked before lunch!

Good luck chap [emoji106]

Bit of sad news last night. I am on a faceslap group for Lincolnshire Police past and present and read the news last night that my Instructor who took me on my Standard and Advanced bike courses has passed away. He retired to Portugal but recently came back and bought a house in Boston due to ill health. He wouldn't be very much older than me. RIP old friend.

Having only joined that group a few weeks ago I am amazed at the amount of people I have worked with or knew through the job that have passed. Another reminder 'if' it were needed to go out and enjoy it all while you can.

Sad news indeed Chris. Very sorry to hear this.

You're absolutely right though. When my dad passed away that's the one piece of advice he gave me.