Briski Bikers Come Forward! - Part II 'General Banter'

FUBAR

I used to take my gixer 1000 all over the UK touring. Chuck the throw overs on and tailpack. One year rode through snow and ice over the elan valley. Proper slide.

You can ride 200 miles easily on pretty much anything.

• Like 2

Bang on, my old Z1000 and mates Moriwaki Storm, a couple of weeks, couple of hundred miles a day around Europe (11 countries)

Throw overs and an old rucksack bungied to the back seat.

bd8b10a95a69b7c975f5d473554890d6.jpg

• Like 2

I used to take my gixer 1000 all over the UK touring. Chuck the throw overs on and tailpack. One year rode through snow and ice over the elan valley. Proper slide.

You can ride 200 miles easily on pretty much anything.

200 miles is nout is it.

Personal max is a 700 mile day, on the VFR though so maybe slightly comfier.

Not sure i could do it every day for nearly 32 days though. Thats commitment.

The XR is the bike to be on for mile munchin isnt it!

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Bang on, my old Z1000 and mates Moriwaki Storm, a couple of weeks, couple of hundred miles a day around Europe (11 countries)

Throw overs and an old rucksack bungied to the back seat.

bd8b10a95a69b7c975f5d473554890d6.jpg

Thats proper.

Throw em on what you got, tie em down n make do!

Can't see you doing many long journeys on the T Oli. Well not unless you have a fuel bowser behind you. :D

I know what you're saying :D.

I could do it though. Its actually really comfy. The seat is comfy, i find the pegs pretty relaxed n im sat quite upright. Its much comfier than the vfr.

Its just that bloody tank range :D.

It seemed pretty good when it was up to speed though on the way back. Cruising at 95 most the way n the light never came on n i got £2 less fuel in over the same distance.

Im wondering what i can get to a tank just sat on the motorway at 70-80. I think it drinks fuel with my heavy right wrist under acceleration. I just love taking off and leaving everything.

i might never be patient enough to find out what it can really do though :D.

Edited by fabiamk2SE

I would imagine the consumption will vary massively between constant throttle on a longish journey and giving it the beans in the gears.  I know which is the most fun while you are doing it but not while you are stood filling it up 'again'.

I know what you're saying :D.

I could do it though. Its actually really comfy. The seat is comfy, i find the pegs pretty relaxed n im sat quite upright. Its much comfier than the vfr.

Its just that bloody tank range :D.

It seemed pretty good when it was up to speed though on the way back. Cruising at 95 most the way n the light never came on n i got £2 less fuel in over the same distance.

Im wondering what i can get to a tank just sat on the motorway at 70-80. I think it drinks fuel with my heavy right wrist under acceleration. I just love taking off and leaving everything.

i might never be patient enough to find out what it can really do though :D.

Would you have anywhere to stash one of these?

http://www.nippynormans.com/f650gs-08-on/fuel-friend-15-litre-bottle-red

I would imagine the consumption will vary massively between constant throttle on a longish journey and giving it the beans in the gears. I know which is the most fun while you are doing it but not while you are stood filling it up 'again'.

Thats the problem isnt it. Filling up isnt fun haha.

But then on the other hand, i didnt buy it to try and get the best mpg on. So maybe i should quite moaning about it haha.

I did have a 3rd gear power wheelie on the go tonight. Thats probably knocked 20 miles off the range hahaaa :)

Yeah years ago when I used to have BMW cars they have that gauge that tells you what instant mpg you are doing.  It was a good gimmick to start with but you soon got sick of seeing it race to the bottom each and every time you floored it.

Strangely enough I rag the TEX more now it has the after market exhaust on because it sounds so good yet I am constantly getting more mpg than with the standard one.  Probably breathing easier I guess.  I also get far more mpg when I am riding with the RATS as they tend to bimble along and not overtake anyone just in case the ones behind cannot get past.  On the way back home I always see the figure drop considerably for some strange reason. :notme:

I think the main thing that keeps my mpg in the OK zone is the amount of pot holes, loose chippings and tractors we have around here!  Oh and people warning you of a speed camera van about 4 MILES before you even get too it!!!!

Yeah years ago when I used to have BMW cars they have that gauge that tells you what instant mpg you are doing. It was a good gimmick to start with but you soon got sick of seeing it race to the bottom each and every time you floored it.

Strangely enough I rag the TEX more now it has the after market exhaust on because it sounds so good yet I am constantly getting more mpg than with the standard one. Probably breathing easier I guess. I also get far more mpg when I am riding with the RATS as they tend to bimble along and not overtake anyone just in case the ones behind cannot get past. On the way back home I always see the figure drop considerably for some strange reason. :notme:

I think the main thing that keeps my mpg in the OK zone is the amount of pot holes, loose chippings and tractors we have around here! Oh and people warning you of a speed camera van about 4 MILES before you even get too it!!!!

I know what you mean haha. You wouldnt put that gauge on the T because it would cause depression! :D. I dont even like watching it on the Maxidot of the Fab. :D

You have to rag it for the noise. Its actually law i think. Dont think ive ever had w bike that i didnt do that for :D.

Hmm. Potholes. Hate those. N those chippings are even worse.

You pair, especially cakey chops are old enough to know better. All this talk of ragging, you hooligans.

Hey Oli, chriss suggestion of a bowser behind the big T - sure you could use a hot water cylinder and some copper pipe to plumb something up ?

You pair, especially cakey chops are old enough to know better. All this talk of ragging, you hooligans.

Hey Oli, chriss suggestion of a bowser behind the big T - sure you could use a hot water cylinder and some copper pipe to plumb something up ?

I think itd have to be 28mm pipe. Just so it can be fed into the tank at the same pace its coming out the bottom :D.

28mm is that big then?  Probably the size of a chocolate eclair?

It's as about as big as copper gets in domestic installations. Most houses just have up to 22mm copper. 

Not sure about the Eclairs, ill have to take a bit into Greggs and ask the girl behind the counter if we can try n make it fit. :D

• Like 1

It's as about as big as copper gets in domestic installations. Most houses just have up to 22mm copper. 

Not sure about the Eclairs, ill have to take a bit into Greggs and ask the girl behind the counter if we can try n make it fit. :D

You know the rules Oli without pictures it never happened!

Oh and if you get locked up don't call me! :D

• Like 1