New but not new

So I've just ordered a new Octavia vRS after making the tough decision to let go of my Fabia vRS.

I've got a few days to make any amendments to the order, is there anything I should look to add? I like the basic spec and I've added the black plus pack but that's it. Am I missing any essentials?

Any advice would be appreciated!

So I've just ordered a new Octavia vRS after making the tough decision to let go of my Fabia vRS.

I've got a few days to make any amendments to the order, is there anything I should look to add? I like the basic spec and I've added the black plus pack but that's it. Am I missing any essentials?

Any advice would be appreciated!

smartlink if you want to be able to control your (compatible) smartphone from the head unit

The colour maxidot is part of the black design plus package, as are the 19 inch wheels so I don't think I can get a spare wheel with those, can I?

I looked at the folding mirrors but I couldn't really justify £175 for them!

Does the heated windscreen make a big difference?

I'd go for the spare wheel, as Prog says, a can of tyre gunge will only sort a puncture. It's no help if you suffer a blowout or a damaged wheel. As far as I know you should be ok as the circumference of tyres for 18 and 19 inch wheels should be the same. You're only likely to have problems if you start mixing and matching tyre profiles. Adding the spare wheel later as an aftermarket item is expensive.

I have the heated screen. It's pretty good but not essential if the budget is tight, as whacking the demister on full blow does a reasonable job of clearing all but the harshest of frosts. There's also a 'free' ice scraper behind the fuel filler door.

• Like 2

+ 1 for the spare wheel, it's well worth the money. I opted for Smartlink on my VRS and I have to say it's probably not worth the money if you have an iPhone. Siri is far easier to use than faffing around with a larger but less accurate display of a couple of iPhone apps.

folding mirrors, kessy, heated windscreen 

All of those you can live without, although the latter is (only during winter) can be very nice to have. I can't say if I'm honest that I've really missed the first 2, in fact the mirrors are quite short anyway.

I'd purposefully avoid keyless entry, no actual added security benefit quite the opposite.

The colour maxidot is part of the black design plus package, as are the 19 inch wheels so I don't think I can get a spare wheel with those, can I?

I looked at the folding mirrors but I couldn't really justify £175 for them!

Does the heated windscreen make a big difference?

I got a spare wheel with the 19's.

Keep it simple I would, they depreciate incredibly badly even by Skoda standards.

That is the best advice. Seriously shocking the depreciation on the mk3! Definitely the worse car I've owned (although not the highest % it's the greatest £'s loss)

You need to get a big discount to make it a good purchase. VRs 230 retails around £26k, you should be looking at paying about £22k.

Its too expensive and doesn't hold its value. That sort of money buys a 3 series, C class, A4 or an interesting one apart from the boring Germans, a 2.0 turbo 200ps Jaguar XE for £25k.

Octavia or a Jaguar.................Jag please!  

https://broadspeed.com/CarView/Jaguar/XE/39593/_2.0_200PS_Petrol_SE_Automatic_4_doors

Or maybe a 223ps Lexus for £25k:

https://broadspeed.com/CarView/Lexus/IS/36390/300h_2.5_223PS_Petrol_SE_Automatic_4_doors

Edited by glosrich

Only wives depreciate faster than cars which proves the old saying "if it's got tyres or tits, it'll cost ya"

Seriously, you need to consider the state of roads you drive on as both the tyres and the wheels suffer more in 19" form.

Regards

T

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

Spare wheel is a definite and something I have had added to my MK3. I have experienced a blowout on my way home..... I was in Exeter and I live in Shropshire. The tyre weld was pointless and I was then doing 40mph on a flat bed truck on the M5 at 1am in the morning :thumbdown:

Anything else you want adding is really down to preference

Paul

• Like 2

Keep it simple I would, they depreciate incredibly badly even by Skoda standards.

I agree no matter what you add on as extras you will loose out on P/X

I know I put a lot of them on my car and it made no difference on p/x on the new car I bought

Skoda Octavia vRS Hatch 2.0TDi Manual

Grey (Meteor)

Black seats with Red inserts

Space Saver

Black Design Pack plus (19 Xtreme wheels, sunset glass, colour maxi dot, Black grill and mirrors)

Double Side Boot Floor

Canton

Heated windscreen

Heated seats

Folding electrically adjusted heated wing mirrors

Our Price £18,245

Do not pay over the odds for one!

Skoda Octavia vRS Hatch 2.0TDi Manual

Grey (Meteor)

Black seats with Red inserts

Space Saver

Black Design Pack plus (19 Xtreme wheels, sunset glass, colour maxi dot, Black grill and mirrors)

Double Side Boot Floor

Canton

Heated windscreen

Heated seats

Folding electrically adjusted heated wing mirrors

Our Price £18,245

Do not pay over the odds for one!

who is that with??? Is that new on PCP? If so I paid well over the odds

Total cost on mine is coming in at circa 25k, not sure where you're getting one for 18.5k unless you're using a military discount.

There is very little wiggle room on the price of them it seems.

• Like 1

Total cost on mine is coming in at circa 25k, not sure where you're getting one for 18.5k unless you're using a military discount.

There is very little wiggle room on the price of them it seems.

Likewise I'm paying just under 25k with added extras and 2k discount.