What annoys you most on the Fabia?

DSG box down changing mid corner, and when breaking it seems to coast with no revs, until you press the accelerator and then you get a lovely jolt as it engages gear.

Easy fix though I suppose, use manual, although a 4am I'm too lazy.

Has the vRS got an option in the maxi dot to enable 'coasting'? I've recently had a Passat DSG for a week and it had the option to enable/disable coasting, I hated the coasting, as you say it's a noticeable jolt when the gear engages again. I disabled it as soon as I found the option.

Has the vRS got an option in the maxi dot to enable 'coasting'? I've recently had a Passat DSG for a week and it had the option to enable/disable coasting, I hated the coasting, as you say it's a noticeable jolt when the gear engages again. I disabled it as soon as I found the option.

I have noticed anything in the maxi dot, although somebody with more knowledge could possibly answer?

Abit lame still when things are getting faster, not slower though.

Wonder what the new 1.8T polo will map to... And the Mountune on the Fiesta is 215bhp and still covered under warranty.

Nevermind eh :D.

I also wondered how much the polo could map to

Might consider one if no mk3 vrs turns up

My only problem is I heard the dsg polo has less torques than the manual as the gearbox can't take it

So if you want an auto polo gti (as I would) then you'll have to leave it standard?

• Like 1

Noddy, in the 3 years I've had my Monte I've never noticed any stream of water running across the window like your photo shows.

Is this just peculiar to some cars, like the pulling left problem?

I have no idea, mine has always done it when i go 40+, don't know whether anyone else has it???

Yeah i think most of them do it. Its how its designed.

Doesnt really bother me though tbh

Wind deflectors are supposed to help.

Edited by fabiamk2SE

This silly stream of water

attachicon.gifimage1.JPG

Also the fact that the audio jack is behind me, so i have to trail the cable around my handbrake to my phone

I have wind deflectors fitted and dont get the stream of water issue, maybe worth fitting a set

Totally forgot the biggest bug bear I have with the VRS, the bloody stupid Bong everytime I drive off when my phone connects to the car, and then again when I leave the car and the phone disconnects

Just found another annoyance, yesterday in Brighton on my way into a car park as I'm pulling up to the little ticket machine thing... why's my window not going down?!

I try press it fully so it comes down automatically like it should but it doesn't, instead it just comes down a few mm's then goes back up, so I try pressing it slightly so it goes down manually.... nothing, so I'm sitting here fighting with the window switch trying to open the damn thing, in the end I got it to go down by furiously pressing it, WHY DOES IT DO THAT!

• 8 months later...

The stupid bluetooth module that for some inexplicable reason is a chopped down version of the one found in VW which results in: The stereo screen show a dumb "BT-Audio" message instead of actual artist/track info and what's worse, inability to pause/resume, skip songs (all controls missing basically) from the stereo unit or the wheel's buttons. You have to reach out for your phone and control playback from there. Totally gets on my nerves since day one. We paid for a BT Phone and Streaming setup, give us the proper working version that's available everywhere else.

PS. I better not hear about the "solution" of talking to it via voice command... It's so slow and dysfunctional I struggle to understand what people were thinking when they created it...

that is strange my Bluetooth audio streaming works great, including controls and information on whatever is playing.

my pet hate is how long Bluetooth takes to connect when getting in the car so it doesn't automatically resume playing from where left off.

that is strange my Bluetooth audio streaming works great, including controls and information on whatever is playing.

my pet hate is how long Bluetooth takes to connect when getting in the car so it doesn't automatically resume playing from where left off.

Not a problem for me anymore but is it an Amundsen or a Swing? As someone wrote already the Amundsen unit was playing fine, but I had the Swing (plus BT) in mine.

Not a problem for me anymore but is it an Amundsen or a Swing? As someone wrote already the Amundsen unit was playing fine, but I had the Swing (plus BT) in mine.

Mine came with Swing with bluetooth but i upgraded to Amundsen+. not sure if it has built in bluetooth on the Amundsen or not  :|  wonder weather or not it would work any different connecting to the bluetooth on the headunit over the module in car