The Brisky Whiskey Thread - Show Us Your Whiskey!

FUBAR

Come on ladies I did include scotch in my pic :p

Fanks Fubs  :kiss:

IMG_2354_zpsvdavifk0.jpg

Just binned a Smoky Grouse (gets a  :thumbup: from me)

The Cameronbridge I rarely touch coz it's too good.  Stupid I know.

The Springbank's a 12 y/o cask strength - you know you're drinking it  B)

The Glenmorangie and the Laddie are my easy drinkers.

Supernova Stellar release remains unopened for the time being.  My palate's getting delicate in my old age  :blush:

Gaz

Edit:  Close up of probably the best Whisky I'll ever buy - bottle 87 of 216  B)  :) :

IMG_2356_zpsbvfvoyzq.jpg

Edited by V6TDI
  • Like 2

I have a problem. My Laphroaig is empty....

I am a fan of the odd Laphroaig, select reserve in particular. Although it does taste somewhat of a mixture of compost and TCP...but yet I like it?!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Is this the current Whisky/Whiskey thread?

Question, has anyone tried the Glenmorangie Signet? It has a rrp of £120 but Sainsburys are knocking them out for £50. I bought one but was wondering what it was like before I try it.

My current stock is quite poor and needs strengthening with something heavy on the peat.

Aberlour Abunad'h

Glenfiddich 12

Chivas 12

Chivas 18

• Like 1

I have a problem. My Laphroaig is empty....

I could look up my old ancestors recipe, but I suspect it's much the same as Fubar's , as my ancestors were recruited to sort out the problems ,and probably got the recipe from over there. After all, Fubar, it's rumoured that the difference between various Celtic races is that some could swim. :notme:

I could look up my old ancestors recipe, but I suspect it's much the same as Fubar's , as my ancestors were recruited to sort out the problems ,and probably got the recipe from over there. After all, Fubar, it's rumoured that the difference between various Celtic races is that some could swim. :notme:

I think it would be more accurate to say the recruitment of your ancestors created said problems since they were installed here by way of plantation, given free land and wealth confiscated for them by your and my English overlords and things went down hill from there. Insult to injury is the whole stealing a recipe but not following it, being too lazy to triple distil it :( . Randomly I saw something in the local press about someone in court recently over his home brew kit. A pensioner had his garden shed raided by HMRC because he had a still in it. It didn't sound overly serious until his inventory was listed as over 2500 litres, hundreds of bottles and over half a ton of sugar and 51kg of yeast! Proper old character by the sounds of it. He is out on bail at the moment, I will be following his case with some amusement to see what he has to say :D  I suspect he has been doing it all his life. 

• 5 months later...

i went into buy some whisky as Christmas presents for friends and family and ended up spending more on me!! :)

I have a Craigellachie 20yo (single sherry butt :))

and a Balblair 05

I wanted the Glenfarclas 105 as it's Christmas pudding in a bottle (and also 60% ABV :) ) but I ran out of money...again 

.... but I ran out of money...again 

Curse the wretched stuff eh  :wonder:  Don't people realise there's good whisky needs a drinkin'  :think:

Gaz

I am back to enjoying a whisky i used to drink years ago, Cameron Brig, lovin it.

I tried a whisky from the same distillery (Cameronbridge) as the Haig Club that David Beckham advertises,

only it was half the price and i really could not tell them apart.

But then that maybe says more about me than the whisky's.

Edited by Offski

I think it would be more accurate to say the recruitment of your ancestors created said problems since they were installed here by way of plantation, given free land and wealth confiscated for them by your and my English overlords and things went down hill from there

Fubar- there's been problems on both sides of the coin. Which race of warriors did LongShanks recruit? Problems in both countries were down to the "divide & rule" tactics of the English overlords. Remwmber we had the same probems up north with Anglophile landlords and Highland Clearances, where I's suspect the sheep had more brains than the landlords. :notme:

I got the Glenfarclas 105 for Christmas and as I too like the A'bunadh I wanted to try this one as it is also cask strength. It is a bit smoother than the Aberlour imho and when you first opening it you get a similar smell of sherry (it makes me think of Christmas Puddings for some reason :) ) although perhaps it has less of a sherry hit than the Aberlour. Very nice in a slightly more grown-up way if that makes sense. It is slightly more expensive though :( 

• Like 1

I got the Glenfarclas 105 for Christmas and as I too like the A'bunadh I wanted to try this one as it is also cask strength. It is a bit smoother than the Aberlour imho and when you first opening it you get a similar smell of sherry (it makes me think of Christmas Puddings for some reason :) ) although perhaps it has less of a sherry hit than the Aberlour. Very nice in a slightly more grown-up way if that makes sense. It is slightly more expensive though :(

Very nice.... likewise - i got Glenfarclas 105 at Xmas.

Really enjoying it  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I've got a reasonable collecting of Single Malt Scotch, but I've not tried any Single Malt Irish, mainly because it's not freely available in my local Supermarkets. I might have to put that right at some point. What Irish Malts would you recommend? 

Very nice.... likewise - i got Glenfarclas 105 at Xmas.

Really enjoying it  :thumbup:

This is awesome stuff.

The Glenfarclas 105 and my Bowmore Tempest took quite a hammering over New Years! :thumbup:

In the unlikely event that we have whiskey/scotch people who are not also Still Game fans, here is that memorable scene  :cocktail:

• Like 2

Not as fancy as some but I'm settling down to a nice glass of Lagavulin (16 years old)

I'm certainly no conoseir but I do like a nice single malt after a hard day at work! (Glass not bottle by the way!)

Not as fancy as some but I'm settling down to a nice glass of Lagavulin (16 years old)

I'm certainly no conoseir but I do like a nice single malt after a hard day at work! (Glass not bottle by the way!)