MY 2017

Here's a translation from here: http://www.auto-swiat.pl/wiadomosci/co-planuje-skoda-w-roku-modelowym-2017/4l86lg

Skoda Octavia

This model is closest to the face lift, but which later this year will not live to see. Octavia with separated headlights for the first time we see only in 2017, and its premiere will take place during September's International Motor Show IAA in Frankfurt. However, in mid-2016. Octavia will be available with adaptive suspension (versions with engine power greater than 150 hp) and equipment of this model will be enhanced by wireless mobile phone charger.

Looks like the double-headlamp facelift might be for next year, but it might get adaptive suspension this year.

Here's a translation from here: http://www.auto-swiat.pl/wiadomosci/co-planuje-skoda-w-roku-modelowym-2017/4l86lg

Skoda Octavia

This model is closest to the face lift, but which later this year will not live to see. Octavia with separated headlights for the first time we see only in 2017, and its premiere will take place during September's International Motor Show IAA in Frankfurt. However, in mid-2016. Octavia will be available with adaptive suspension (versions with engine power greater than 150 hp) and equipment of this model will be enhanced by wireless mobile phone charger.

Looks like the double-headlamp facelift might be for next year, but it might get adaptive suspension this year.

If the facelift will look like that (I mean like in the photos we see on internet now, and it has double headlights)... pfff... my dream to have the VRS TDI 4x4 in mid 2017 is blown away.

In my opinion it is realy ugly... :(

So to summarise so far :

Phone box from end May

New 1.5 Tsi petrol engine in Autumn replacing 1.4

Restyle with double headlights in about years time

New 1.5 diesel replacing 1.6 end of 2017

Other changes remain speculation

Edited by SurreyJohn

Confirmed by dealer yesterday. Skoda UK Customer Service checking what changes due if any for VRS. Trying to find out if PCH can be had for less than 10K per annum. Going to test drive 230 dsg on Saturday

Edited by teebee

Confirmed by dealer yesterday. Skoda UK Customer Service checking what changes due if any for VRS. Trying to find out if PCH can be had for less than 10K per annum. Going to test drive 230 dsg on Saturday

Confirmed by us folk with previous experience of this nature, Customer service won't have a clue about the new spec for some weeks yet. Possibly till the first cars start to roll onto UK roads! They're hopeless!

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

• 2 weeks later...

Skoda have now updated the configurator ( there is a. Note on front webpage) but brochures are still the MY16 to reflect cars from stock

Just noticed, can no longer buy a petrol L&K, so no more 1.8 petrol

Skoda have now updated the configurator ( there is a. Note on front webpage) but brochures are still the MY16 to reflect cars from stock

Yep I think that is the end of the 1.8 petrol in RHD north of the equator. Although petrols will not be the biggest seller, it is a funny decision to reduce the range just as petrol sales are on the up.

They never did the 4x4 so I guess if you want the power you go for the vRS, if you don't then the 1.4 or 1.0 is good enough. Shame as it is a good engine

That might explain why the brochures that I've been sent from Skoda UK are out of date already!

• 4 weeks later...

The new brochure is now available and the changes are certainly much less than last year. For the S, SE and SE L models the only significant changes I can see since last summer are the new 1.0 TSI engine and options for wireless phone charging and Dynamic Chassis Control.

• 1 month later...

Picked up my Octavia Combi 115 TSI today and the dealer mentioned that my17 has better sound proofing than previous my's. He didn't know any details. 

Otherwise it's a pleasant car. Engine is surprisingly powerful on low rev's and as expected otherwise. Was very keen on trying out Android Auto but learned today that it hasn't been released in Sweden yet.

An odd thing is the poorly translated manual. Some parts aren't translated at all and it's just a mix of swedish and german. Is it possible to buy an english version? 

Couple of subtle little changes i've noticed going from a MY14 to a MY17 is the buttons for the cruise control are no longer 'clicky' and cheap feeling, there's a new 'aerodynamic' lip on the underside of the wing mirrors and the boot carpet now has thick sound insulation on the underside.  I'm proper surprised at just how much its moved on in 3 years, I keep finding new little tweaks that have been done since my first one.

Picked up my Octavia Combi 115 TSI today and the dealer mentioned that my17 has better sound proofing than previous my's. He didn't know any details. 

Couple of subtle little changes i've noticed going from a MY14 to a MY17 is the buttons for the cruise control are no longer 'clicky' and cheap feeling, there's a new 'aerodynamic' lip on the underside of the wing mirrors and the boot carpet now has thick sound insulation on the underside.

I wonder if the better sound proofing is actually a thicker boot carpet?