Lofty's Sprint Yellow Fabia vRS Mk1 - "Project Daffodil"

Lofty

10 hours ago, RobLarby said:

Where did you get the mirror glass? I bought mine from eBay but it's cheap crap tbh, fit isn't great.

Erm eBay LOL. Not expensive either but seem to fit ok, took some force to get them to clip on but they seem to fit properly with even gaps all the way round.

:hi:

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Dark_Hero said:

That is dedication. Will look amazing when it’s done

Hope so, some days I hate it, just want it finished but I’m this far in, I may as well finish it properly. Good job I can shut the garage door and ignore it when I want to lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, krissyneillie1 said:

This is most likely the best looking fabia vrs in the world, the detail stuns me on this, fair play, I'd be scared to drive it anywhere after all that work, wouldn't let it out my sight

Its a bit nuts..mind you.... having seen fully chrome underside, with shaved/smoothed engine bays etc MK1 Golf GTI in a VW mag a few years ago at least this is more drivable..:D

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, faboka vrs said:

Now your working on it Is the headlight washer 100% a no go?

I think so John. They were not plumbed in before so I’ll prob source a new pair of washer covers and bond them in place on the bumper. There’s no way the washer nozzle will fit on the drivers side I’m sure. 

On 30/12/2018 at 23:54, TrevorB33 said:

The forge fmic kit fits with washers, as I had that on my old white fab with oem xenons 

That's the kit I removed off the yellow one Trevor, downside of the Forge kit is it's ability to deal with the high air intake temperatures that are generated by the much bigger turbo i'm using, otherwise i'd have kept it.

So without going truly custom - what's left is the "Off the shelf" kits based around the SEAT Sport kit originally found on the Ibiza PD160's. The major downside to this is the routing of the top boost pipe off the cooler, it runs exactly where the OEM Drivers Side headlight washer is, so it has to be deleted. Unavoidable but it'll be fine as the car's never really going to need it's headlight washers I hope!! As for the MOT impacts of having factory Xenons and none functioning headlamp washers it's such a grey area for the MOT Testers it's never been an issue in all the years of owning a Fabia so far.

On other things, I've had a slight change of mind on the intercooler attachment brackets. Instead of having a 90degree bracket TIG welded to the top i'm going with a 24mm x 3mm Aluminium bar running up the back of the cooler, being TIG'd at top and bottom and hanging the cooler like this....

CD5FD040-F056-4DAF-B562-71D29AB11EC3_zps

Of course it’ll all be painted Satin Black for as much stealth as possible 

Edited by Lofty
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...