Lofty's Sprint Yellow Fabia vRS Mk1 - "Project Daffodil"

Lofty

On 6/15/2018 at 22:26, Lofty said:

You’re right, old ones look gash, fade to a blue colour and delaminate and age the car, I fitted new badges (correct early ones) front and rear really early on in the project. The rest of our WhatsApp group chat are all new badge lovers, I like to be different aka old fashioned lol

I'll have you know I am not Matthew!!! :biggrin:

Big development this week.....

This arrived....

162601B7-CD9E-4F60-9DE2-EA49AF1F09EC_zps

which is one of these....

A118774B-6347-4554-82DD-B6FA4CD930AE_zps

That is all...

Genuine Porsche 991 oil filler cap, looks a bit better than the boring black plastic one. Ok not big news but better than none!!

Edited by Lofty
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dark_Hero said:

They do finish the engine quite nicely. Have you got the coolant cap too?

I have, in talks with the supplier over that one as I’m not happy with the fitment of it, might have to swap it for another one

• 2 weeks later...

Scuttle is back, and fitted to the car very late last night. Excuse the rushed pics, I’ll get better ones at the weekend 

54B4A2A0-488E-407F-A6FA-B6C764C372F1_zps

D6A4F0D0-542C-4F8A-A712-F0B0B3262552_zps

fitted the high gloss black painted wiper arms as well. 

Next little job to do is this...

D2E2A491-EDC5-4CAE-9F0C-A94CDBCA7B20_zps

Some nice subtle Teflon lined -6 fuel hose to feed round the engine bay. I’ll get more pics when it’s in situ. 

Edited by Lofty
  • Like 4

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 12:41, Dark_Hero said:

Nice. Does that have the metal wire re-inforcement?

Yes Charlie it does. I can confirm this as a piece speared my finger whilst looking at it the other evening.. LOL

On other exciting updates, I've purchased a pair of door mirrors... Watch this space.

Had a few hours in the garage tonight, so cleared all the boot out, fitted the 17” Pro race 3 in the spare wheel well, cleaned all the light surrounds and then fitted the freshly tinted rear lights. These have been done with the same film I did the other G3 Fabia with.

DFB12D23-68D0-425E-9FB3-5C0DFCDB79CE_zps

1E4FEC6F-951F-400A-ABCD-72E1F0DD4E62_zps

In preparation for the black aeroquip fuel hoses I’ve sourced a stealth Bosch fuel filter....

34B49A3F-3E92-45A7-826E-06A90B57087C_zps

More soon.

Edited by Lofty
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Slow progress at the moment, but I’ve a week off work in September so the plan is to get the engine and gearbox back in, all the plumbing done and then start mocking up the front end for custom pipes/crashbar etc.

In readiness I’ve been deep cleaning the inner wings and bulkhead as they have two years worth of dust and muck over them.

Drivers side...

2BFEBBB9-2087-46BE-8280-0BBFFAE2DAA6_zps

Quite pleased how it’s come up, I won’t bore you with pics of the other side as it’s similar lol.

Hopefully more pics when the motor is back in!! 

Ive got some things at the Hydrographic Mans place but he’s away on holiday so I’ll hopefully have those back in a few weeks, I did stress there was no rush.

Matt

Edited by Lofty
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...