Superb MkIII L&K - My first thoughts after 3 days

Nice review, glad your'e enjoying it and yes it is big. I'm also a big fan of the adaptive cruise control although some others don't care for it too much.

On the piano gloss black trim, mine has the faux aluminium and it's much more user friendly, whilst the gloss finish around the infotainment unit is a pain so I sympathise.

Mine is only the SE Business but I've got the cubby box under the passenger seat, it's not a drawer but a drop down lid with a space for the manual and other bits of car stuff, are you sure it's not missing from yours? Maybe other L&K owners could let you know.

I've got the cubby box under the passenger seat, it's not a drawer but a drop down lid with a space for the manual and other bits of car stuff, are you sure it's not missing from yours? Maybe other L&K owners could let you know.

I can go and have a look, but I think there is something relating to the canton sound system under the passenger seat - a subwoofer? Control unit?

I can go and have a look, but I think there is something relating to the canton sound system under the passenger seat - a subwoofer? Control unit?

That would be the amplifier.

I don´t think you´ll get the drawer under the passenger seat, if it´s electrical adjustable.

Mine has the Canton but I only have the drivers electrical adjustment seat, so I think your'e right that will be the reason no drawer/cubby hole

I don´t think you´ll get the drawer under the passenger seat, if it´s electrical adjustable.

Makes sense - either that or the sub for the sound system, which is excellent by the way!

Thanks for all the replies to date.

The CANTON sub is in the boot, drivers side (in LHD cars) :) But it´s possible, that the amp is fitted under the drivers seat (your passenger seat), and the drawer is gone due to that.

A couple of negatives, not even that, quibbles.

OK, MASSIVE ISSUE....  the cup holders do not fit my insulated mug.  They are designed to fit a small bottle of water and not my insulated cup.  For anyone who watches Better Call Saul, I shared his exact emotions when he got his new Merc.  Damn!  Not sure I will be ripping the thing out though.  Just have to use Costa cups from now on!!!

When I ordered the car I got a bag of goodies amongst them was the official Superb insulated mug, fits perfectley!

Android Auto - I just can't get this to work with my HTC One (M8) - I think I just need to get a better cable, but it seems to need a perfect connection.  I did briefly have it find the phone and show the AndroidAuto logo, but it lasted all of 5 seconds before it disappeared!  Off to Maplin I think.

Got the same phone and Android Auto works perfectley so it's not your phone.

I found the mirrors excellent for visibility. Yes they're a bit small but the shape is spot on for maximum coverage of all relevant angles imho.

As for the gloss piano black trim grab some Gtechniq C6 matt dash protection spray and some lint free pads (or a foam applicator pad). Simply spray onto the applicator, wipe swiftly over the dash and trim, working in foot square sections, and buff off immediately with clean microfibre cloth. It's not only UV resistant to stop fading but it's scratch resistant, stain resistant and anti static, hence attracting less dust. It's helped keep ours tidier by far.

An application of Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer or Gtechniq C2v3 after a thorough wash and dry will seal your paintwork. It'll get less dirty and be far easier to clean, you just spray it on, wipe it in and then buff off with a separate microfibre cloth. Plus water beads up all pretty on it. :thumbup:

EDIT: Fixed autocorrect now I'm not posting from my phone.

Edited by Derv
  • Like 2

Android Auto - I just can't get this to work with my HTC One (M8) - I think I just need to get a better cable, but it seems to need a perfect connection.  I did briefly have it find the phone and show the AndroidAuto logo, but it lasted all of 5 seconds before it disappeared!  Off to Maplin I think.

Works on mine. I'm using the cable that came with the phone. No issues so far.

There were a lot of permissions that needed granting on the phone when it was initially plugged in though, don't connect with your screen off or it may get stuck if you don't grant them.

Also try updating the Android Auto app on your phone too.

When I ordered the car I got a bag of goodies amongst them was the official Superb insulated mug, fits perfectley!

Got the same phone and Android Auto works perfectley so it's not your phone.

Well I presume because mine is a company car via Zenith, they have snaffled the goody bag!

I'm pretty sure it's the micro-USB cable - my phone will only charge with very new cables because the socket is weak after 2 and a half years, so I think that is the problem.

I have tried CarPlay with my work iPhone, that works perfectly, just doesn't have all my media and stuff on it!  Plus I prefer Google Maps to Apple Maps.

As for the gloss piano black trim grab some Gtechniq C6 matt dash protection spray and some lint free pads (or a foam applicator pad). Simply spray onto the applicator, wipe swiftly over the dash and trim, working in foot square sections, and buff off immediately with clean microfibre cloth. It's not only UV resistant to stop fading but it's scratch resistant, stain resistant and anti static, hence attracting less dust. It's helped keep ours tidier by far.

An application of Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer or Gtechniq C2v3 after a thorough wash and dry will seal your paintwork. It'll get less dirty and be far easier to clean, you just spray it on, wipe it in and then buff off with a separate microfibre cloth. Plus water beads up all pretty on it. :thumbup:

Thanks.

Looks like a £20 Amazon trip for me!  

• Like 1

To get Android Auto to work, You need to set the car clock to GPS time instead of Auto. Go to 'Car' 'Settings' 'Time & Date' & tick 'GPS' instead of Auto. It had me stumped for ages aswell!

• Like 2

Tom

Thanks Tom, very interesting but I could not fathom out whether your report relates to a saloon or estate car?

It's a mystery!

To be revealed shortly.  Let's just say, it's a BIG reveal!

Ok, Estate.

Insulated cup issue - Agree!  Although it is certainly a first world problem!  I have started putting mine in the door pocket, the front of the pocket is designed to take a bigger bottle / cup.

We have several insulated mugs and while I agree the holders are far too small and instead should be like the ones in my old golf which were bigger but had rubber flaps which would accommodate and grip all sizes, I do luckily have one mug with a thinner bottom half which fits perfectly! That has now become 'my' insulted mug in the household!