Opinions please

jason

grille010.jpg

grille006.jpg

been playing with my extra grille,been painting and filling,what do you think?

black crhomed bit on yellow background?black with blackbacking?or i have wasted my time and leave it standard.didn't have time to get pics with the all black grille,but it doesn't look too bad,i'll whack that on tomorw and get some pics.

full p*ss take from my "friends" on cupra net can be found here

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74093

it does look quite bulbus in that pic due to the flash,but its quite flat,and i have been thinking of removing the VRS badge,and replacing that with the round carbon look one that was on offer a while back.

cheers for the PS,but if you flatten that part off you leave an ugly whole in the slots underneath.

i am trying to hide something ;) the chrome,i hate the stuff with a passion,might price up some old felicia badges,from memory they are quite flat and just green/black.

i also thought of putting a green edge to it mk5 golf gti style,but then thought not.

mm two deleted posts,i'm quite open to critisism,or were they being nasty ?full swap about tomorow ,clean the car and see what i think,plus i have a spare chrome bit,could always paint that yellow.so 3 chioces :)

mm two deleted posts,i'm quite open to critisism,or were they being nasty ?full swap about tomorow ,clean the car and see what i think,plus i have a spare chrome bit,could always paint that yellow.so 3 chioces :)
No - quite the opposite. I like the black grille but would opt for a (shiny) Skoda badge to finish it off. :)

the inspiration actually came from a octavia estate locally,but he has the badge in.

fiar comment gizmo,on a dirty car and now its covered in road grime,it looks fine and not out of place(imho),as i said,going to have a mix and match sesh tomorow.

whats the betting it ends up back to standard?

Getting rid of chrome is always a good idea, especially on the Fabia and Octavia. May I suggest something else however? Why not paint the chrome surround the same colour as your car? Take it to the dealer's and ask them to do it for you. That way the actual grille will look tiny, and it's always best to colour code.

all 3 above good calls,

1,i've stived to do my own work,have a tin of lemon to try.

2,tomorow going to refit the all black grille,looks quite agressive.(pics too)

3.being considered as we speak.if you can remember for me the guy selling them would be great,if indeed he has any left

thanks for that ;) almost embarassed to opst this next pic,too much black i'm sure you'll agree.and then some heavy handed bugger cracked the surround .well if you see this over the christmas period i'll give you a fiver.i'll be too merry to drive.

cheers all ;)

grille016copy.jpg

thanks for that ;) almost embarassed to opst this next pic' date='too much black i'm sure you'll agree.and then some heavy handed bugger cracked the surround .well if you see this over the christmas period i'll give you a fiver.i'll be too merry to drive.

cheers all ;)

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/jason-p/grille016copy.jpg[/img]

hmmmmmm .. yes I agree - too much black , and if you paint it yellow it will still look awkward .... why not use the spare grille to make a fibreglass mould - without the bulge for the Skoda badge - and make your own grill with black mesh and a yellow surround ... ??

Dude, look at this:

2064127_2_full.jpg

The chrome surround is colour-coded, and the grille sprayed in factory-silver.

Trust me, you wanna spray it all yellow from the factory (except the grille of course), and I promise you'll find that it will look its hottest ever...

have to agree with Mil... spray everything except the vertical grilles Yellow and then refit and show us the pics.

you also need a badge back on there... but not the carbon V badge.. theres too many V's on the front then and you need to keep the little grille one.

Dude' date=' look at this:

[img']http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2064000-2064999/2064127_2_full.jpg[/img]

The chrome surround is colour-coded, and the grille sprayed in factory-silver.

Trust me, you wanna spray it all yellow from the factory (except the grille of course), and I promise you'll find that it will look its hottest ever...

Is that the front of yours Mil?

That looks really smart. It suits the Furby perfectly