Are you guys going simple or fully loaded?

When I ordered my 280 I went full mental.

How about you, did you keep it simple or did you think sk..w this and ticked in every box?

I went for a 280 estate dsg

Black metallic pearl

Black 19" supernova summer wheels

Grey 19" Phoenix winter wheels

Tinted windows

Glass sunroof

Kessy with alarm

Electric Leader/alcantara seats in black

Heated backseat

Heated front window

Webasto

Electric boot

DCC

Columbus and canton mib II

Bluetooth wifi

Park assist 3.0 auto parking

Traveller assist

Dsg paddles

Blind spot detected

Rear traffic alert

Tow bar

This is maybe not but it's the extra options I have in my head. Ordered beginning of March in Stockholm Sweden.

• Like 2

I think I have every option available except Premium Bluetooth, didn't find any reason to get that. Think it's great that on a Skoda one can actually check every options without going bankrupt, if you do that on one of the germans it's going to get crazy expensive.

I think the L&K in the UK has a lot of options as standard that you do not get in Sweden.

But I got just about every option available apart form the safety options.

If I was ordering again I would not get the Premium WLAN, it does nothing, and would make sure I got the Smart Light Assist, which I ordered but was not fitted.

didn't get Smartgate 'cause I did not really know what it was but would chuck that in now I know what it does.

So on top of the UK L&K spec.

Bluetooth with phonebox

Premium WLAN

Heated washer nozzles

Spare wheel

Travel assist

Smart light assist (not fitted)

Tow bar

Ventilated front seats

Panoramic sun roof

Rear back seat release (why is this not standard?)

Variable boot floor

Rear view parking camera

Edited by philsmith

The only extra mine had was metallic paint and a spare wheel...

However from your list all of these are standard:

19" wheels

Tinted windows

Kessy with alarm

Electric full Leather seats

Heated backseat

Heated front window

Electric boot

DCC

Park assist auto parking

Blind spot detected

Rear traffic alert

..and some more. So overall there isn't too much I would have wanted to add anyway :)

SEL for me because I wanted black interior.... I wasn't bothered about all the gizmo's ( sorry Gizmo no offence ! ) so I just kept it simple..

Variable boot floor

Crew Protection

DSG Paddles

Colour Maxidot

Led Package

Spare wheel

5 Year Warranty

Looking back I cant really say damn I wish I had that....

It was the 280 motor I really wanted :-)

• Like 1

I have a L&K estate with Met. Paint, Spare Wheel, Heated Washer Nozzles, Road Sign Assist & Panoramic Roof. If ordering again would include Smart Light Assist.

When I ordered my 280 I went full mental.

How about you, did you keep it simple or did you think sk..w this and ticked in every box?

I went for a 280 estate dsg

Black metallic pearl

Black 19" supernova summer wheels

Grey 19" Phoenix winter wheels

Tinted windows

Glass sunroof

Kessy with alarm

Electric Leader/alcantara seats in black

Heated backseat

Heated front window

Webasto

Electric boot

DCC

Bluetooth wifi

Park assist 3.0 auto parking

Traveller assist

Dsg paddles

Blind spot detected

Rear traffic alert

Tow bar

This is maybe not but it's the extra options I have in my head. Ordered beginning of March in Stockholm Sweden.

Can't wait to see pictures of this! Post please!

Ticked every box except towbar, tv-tuner, auxiliary heating, isofix in passenger seat, "multifunction pocket", nets, extra protection for the downside (don't know the name in english) and skibag.

So pretty much every usefull option ticked.

Because I've got mine on a 2-year personal lease, adding in lots of options to my SE Business would have pushed the bargain monthly price up significantly, so I just went for DSG and a spare wheel.  (I had real bad luck with tyres on my last car)

I wish though that I'd had blind-spot as finding the mirrors quite poor.  And better wheels.  The Helios are ok, but I passed a same-colour Superb yesterday and thought how much better it looked with Pegasus.

The only extra mine had was metallic paint and a spare wheel...

However from your list all of these are standard:

19" wheels

Tinted windows

Kessy with alarm

Electric full Leather seats

Heated backseat

Heated front window

Electric boot

DCC

Park assist auto parking

Blind spot detected

Rear traffic alert

..and some more. So overall there isn't too much I would have wanted to add anyway :)

Not standard in Sweden.

Just the 280 with no extras are 28400£

With all my extras 41400£

I got an SE Business. Which I think is the best value spec for the money on PCH.

It's pointless adding any options to a car on contract hire. So all I did was spec metallic paint which was inclusive on the price quoted :)

SEL for me because I wanted black interior.... I wasn't bothered about all the gizmo's ( sorry Gizmo no offence ! ) so I just kept it simple..

Variable boot floor

Crew Protection

DSG Paddles

Colour Maxidot

Led Package

Spare wheel

5 Year Warranty

Looking back I cant really say damn I wish I had that....

It was the 280 motor I really wanted :-)

Looking back, wish I really had the 280 motor, but couldn't afford it. Unless something else tempts me nearer the time, maybe I go for a 280 powered Sportline in three years from now when my PCP ends!

It's pointless adding any options to a car on contract hire

Why do you think that, you still have to drive the car for the next three years so why not have all the good bits to enjoy while you do?

Why do you think that, you still have to drive the car for the next three years so why not have all the good bits to enjoy while you do?

Because you pay for the options over the term and never own the car.

Private purchase is fully understandable

Sorry can't work that one out, even if you never own the car you would surely still want the best, mine is on lease and I will trade it in for a new one after three years so I will never actually own the car but I would not want to have driven around in a 'basic' car for those three years.

It's like renting a hosue, just because you will never own it does not mean you would never decorate it.

• Like 1

Because I've got mine on a 2-year personal lease, adding in lots of options to my SE Business would have pushed the bargain monthly price up significantly, so I just went for DSG and a spare wheel.  (I had real bad luck with tyres on my last car)

I wish though that I'd had blind-spot as finding the mirrors quite poor.  And better wheels.  The Helios are ok, but I passed a same-colour Superb yesterday and thought how much better it looked with Pegasus.

Pegasus is a £0 option?

Was on my SE-L.

Agree the look good.

:D

Pegasus is a £0 option?

Was on my SE-L.

Agree the look good.

:D

£450 on SE Business for Pegasus (or in my case, an extra £16.67 a month)

Sorry can't work that one out, even if you never own the car you would surely still want the best, mine is on lease and I will trade it in for a new one after three years so I will never actually own the car but I would not want to have driven around in a 'basic' car for those three years.

It's like renting a hosue, just because you will never own it does not mean you would never decorate it.

Mine is only over 2 years. And it's PCH. I have absolutely no option of trading it in. It just goes back to VWFS.

Say I wanted £1500 worth of options, it would work out at an extra £65.21 per month, and an extra £195.65 on the initial payment (on a 3+23 profile)

As I said in my original post "I got an SE Business. Which I think is the best value spec for the money on PCH." It's hardly a basic spec is it?

Each to their own Phil ;)

• Like 1

Horses for courses and all, but the SE business is far from basic.

It all comes down to how much you want to spend and how much you value each option.

Each to their own Phil  ;)

Yes true, but I cannot abide driving a car with places for switches blanked off, I always think 'I could have had that option' and it annoys that I haven't.

I added everything I wanted and left off what I specifically didn’t want:

Superb Hatch 2.0 TDI CR 190 DSG Laurin + Klement                                                                                                

Business Grey

5 year warranty

Ventilated front seats.... Love them on days like today

Gearshift paddles... rarely use them but they are nice to have 
Rear side window sunblinds... only used once so far
Heated washer nozzles... not sure if they have been used
Space saver spare wheel... wouldn’t own a car without a spare tyre
Rear view camera... nice and clear
Leather - Beige... very classy
19” Phoenix anthracite alloy wheels... the best wheels available on a Superb and really suit the car
Smart light assist... love it, I was prepared to reject the car if this had been missed off!
Bluetooth with phonebook... any better? not sure
Crew protection assist and rear side airbags... I am surrounded by airbags so why not offer the same to my son?

With hindsight the only thing I would change is it would have been a 4x4 as the 190 can struggle to put the power down.

• Like 2