Final Vehicle Value £11k

Hi folks, 

Called into a dealer today with the pram to see how the octavia estate dealt with it... no problems there.

When I asked about how much a dsg 230 would cost, I was given a cost of £30,459 on pcp with a final value of £11k...

I really didn't think the dealer was actually doing much...? and £11k on the final value I thought was low.

Doesn't sound low to me, to be honest. I've read a few threads on here that suggest the second hand values of the Mk3 Octavia aren't great due to there being lots of them!

If the car you're interested in is £30.5k, it obviously has a lot of options, which count for nothing at the end of a pcp.

For what its worth, my vrs tdi was £26.5k new, I've got a final value of £10.5k at 3.5 years.

Doesn't sound low to me, to be honest. I've read a few threads on here that suggest the second hand values of the Mk3 Octavia aren't great due to there being lots of them!

If the car you're interested in is £30.5k, it obviously has a lot of options, which count for nothing at the end of a pcp.

For what its worth, my vrs tdi was £26.5k new, I've got a final value of £10.5k at 3.5 years.

The only option it had was a tow bar...

• Like 1

Just lease one (PCH), buying cars is so last year!

Simpsons Skoda, vRS 230bhp...

http://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/new-car-offers/octavia-vrs-pch/

£2,190 deposit, £219 per month for 23 months, 8,000 miles per year.

£2,190 + £219 x 23 (£5,037) = £7,227 / 24 = £301 per month all in.

At the end of the 2 year lease period, throw the keys back and order another brand new one.

What would a brand new £30K vRS 230 depreciate over the first two years and 16,000 miles? A lot more than £7K I reckon, especially given the £11K minimum future guaranteed value at the end of a PCP.

If you like to change you cars fairly regularly and can get over the fact you'll never own it then a PCH is the future.

I've just received a brand new 150bhp Octavia Scout for £200 per month, it really is a no brainer. £4,800 over the two years on a £26K car. Two year old Scout's with average mileage are retailing at between £16 & £17K. Even assuming a healthy £3K discount off list if you bought one the two year lease cost is less than the depreciation.

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

So that's £30k - £11k = £19k.

Over 3 years that's £6666/year

Or did I misunderstand your calculations? (Before your edit)

Edited by sdenny

Have you tried carwow to get a better price, i got a qoute of 24k for 230 hatch with rear camera and spare wheel or 25.3k for 230 estate with canton,rear camera and wheel both in optional paint

Edited by dsj20v

I have just priced a 230 and can have one for 23.5k

That sounds good, was it with DSG? Who was that through?

Have you tried carwow to get a better price, i got a qoute of 24k for 230 with rear camera and spare wheel

I did carwow a few months back when I was first interested and got £26,958 for a 230 dsg in meteor grey, now I can't seem to chose a 230 on the car wow site

When I asked about how much a dsg 230 would cost, I was given a cost of £30,459 on pcp with a final value of £11k....

How much! Lol that's a joke, forget that dealer!

Edited by skyjawa

Only the value as you hand the car in, giving it to the Motor Trade for them to sell for a profit, that being the business they are in,

the dealers are not selling them for £11,000 obviously.

It is the way of things when renting cars.

So that's £30k - £11k = £19k.

Over 3 years that's £6666/year

Or did I misunderstand your calculations? (Before your edit)

Op didn't actually say 3 years, there are longer PCPs nowadays

But any deal that averages over £500 per month for an Octavia is nuts

PCPs are often not good deal, if you know you are changing car in 2-3 years probably should be looking at PCH, and if you intend to keep hit for a number of years, spec it so you enjoy it, get biggest discount going, and search Internet for cheap loans, plenty around 3.5% out there

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

It'll just be an 'off the street' price from the dealer, at £30k. If people are willing to pay full retail price from the dealer, that's what they'll try selling them at :)

I've compared PCH and PCP on a few different cars and sometimes the PCH is cheaper, sometimes it's the PCP. It comes down to what discount you can get, whether there is any deposit contribution and the interest rates. So I'd get quotes for both and go for the cheapest.

PCH is better suited to those who aren't too bothered about the model or specification, when a deal opens up then you have a small window to press the button, or miss out.

PCH is classed as a fleet sale, even though the end user is often now a private user, so that's why it attracts a big discount.....24% as themanwithnoaim says.

True, but the manufacturers aren't daft, they are aware that PCH is fast becoming the new PCP for personal use so the discounts are realistic.

I'm not fully getting the attractiveness of PCP yet, the big attraction used to be the option to roll it into another new car after three years, but now PCH offers this at an often cheaper cost.

Those preferring to keep their cars for longer, or wanting to own it outright would often be better getting a standard loan from a bank given the low interest rates right now.

Looking at PCH for 230 dsg hatch as spec ticks boxes if deal good enough. Test drive on Saturday. My biggest concen is big depreciation, 10% more than Audi a3 2:0 Quattro sportback + 5% more than Leon Cupra 290 dsg hatch in 1st year alone.. 

Did not used to be an issue before on Mk2, had  x 2 which very happy with, but to add Bluetooth / dab / front parking sensors looking at 2k + Bilstein B12 £772 +extending warranty cost £500 pa + mot etc. Costs that I will not get back and would prefer to have more modern chassis.