Broker orders cancelled by Skoda UK

You're wasting your breath if you have to explain that business model.

If I order 50,000 Mars Bars a month from Cadbury, I expect to be able to negotiate a better discount than Peggy's Market Shop that orders 50 a month.

If Cadbury tell me my discount is the same as Peggy's then I tell them they can stuff it and I won't stock their product.

It's not rocket science; maybe some black and white line drawings are needed?

Do you have to eat them all yourself to get the discount rate? That's a lot of Mars bars

Surely NCD was the supermarket model. They buy 50,000 Mars at discount rate, the supplier has reduced costs as they are supplying large volume to a single retailer. The retailer has some costs to add  but can still sell them to me cheaper and there is no rule that they have to sell them at the same price as my local vending machine or corner shop. I have a choice, pay more in the local shop or pay less traveling to a supermarket.

Now if you're talking price fixed apple products, that might be different.

We have this all the time in my industry as we sell at different rates in different counties and to different size buyers. Some of it is resold cross boarders to secondary suppliers.

That's just how business is.

We have this all the time in my industry as we sell at different rates in different counties and to different size buyers. Some of it is resold cross boarders to secondary suppliers.

That's just how business is.

I used to work for a major Tyre manufacturer who had been fined 19.76 million Euros for abusive commercial behaviour.

The situation is different as they had more than 50% market share and were deliberately excluding others but they had to have the same pricing across Europe.

They hated cross border sales btw.

Pricing structures had to be transparent and open to all.

Edited by GuzziDibble

These non-affected posters seem to have our problem solved. Maybe you could do us a favour and tell SUK what the solution is.

These non-affected posters seem to have our problem solved. Maybe you could do us a favour and tell SUK what the solution is.

SUK already know - they give discounts to those who sell their product in bulk to end users who are fleet buyers.  In this case they seem to have got wise to the fact that they were artificially discounting a product that wasn't going to end up in the hands of a fleet buyer so they embargoed the goods.

I'd be spitting my dummy in the dirt if I had lost out but it is what it is.

SUK probably should have honoured the orders and then pursued NCD via legal channels but they chose to do it another way...........maybe NCD order tens of thousands of genuine fleet vehicles a year and SUK didn't want to put their noses out of joint?

Too many unknown variables...........

Edited by SkodaVRS1963

One variable, my custom. I was a Skoda Customer, now not. I'm not alone, this is not a win for Skoda nor myself. All parties lost here.

Case in point. Same here and number of family/friends/colleagues who heard the story.

While I'm not a fleet customer, in the last ~10 years I got Skoda 12 customers on top of 2 I've had personally.

• Like 1

Case in point. Same here and number of family/friends/colleagues who heard the story.

While I'm not a fleet customer, in the last ~10 years I got Skoda 12 customers on top of 2 I've had personally.

Sadly, a few odd customers potentially lost is neither here nor there to Skoda. It should matter but it doesn't, and won't. And there are people who have had their order cancelled who are sticking with Skoda (which I completely understand and think I'd do the same actually) so that's even fewer people.

The whole thing is a complete sack of sh** and it stinks. Assuming Skoda are at fault they've acted poorly and the fair thing would've been to honour orders for customers. NCD have clearly acted in a poor way (else there wouldn't have been an issue in the first place).

I genuinely feel for the customers - we live in a world of Internet shopping and getting the best price for things, so why wouldn't people seek out the best price they can find? They haven't done anything wrong and the suggestions that people should've known it was not above board are neither fair nor helpful to anyone.

• Like 2

[.

The whole thing is a complete sack of sh** and it stinks. Assuming Skoda are at fault they've acted poorly and the fair thing would've been to honour orders for customers. NCD have clearly acted in a poor way (else there wouldn't have been an issue in the first place).

On this very w/site Briskoda N C D are stlll advertising Skodas, the Octavia Estates only, so what does that tell us. That Skoda are still prepared to deal with N C D who they know are offering those cars at 18% discount. So the cancellations were just for certain models to suit the situation of Skoda alone, nasty behaviour on their part, NO doubt about it. To hell with the customer, let's just look after our own situation!.

Clearly, they happily carry on dodgy practice of filling books with cars ordered cheap and sold at higher prices if there's demand.

Shame on NCD for poor contracts and inability to stick out for customers.

Shame on dealers for snatching cars ordered by customers for a quick profit.

Shame on Skoda UK for letting it happen.

Got a call from SUK today. I was read the same statement that they read to me the last time.

Basically Skoda investigations are still on-going.

No new information to report.

Got a call from SUK today. I was read the same statement that they read to me the last time.

Basically Skoda investigations are still on-going.

No new information to report.

Why would they tell you this but tell me that they could not honour the car at the original price and that I was to negotiate a new deal with Simpsons?

Beats me mate. Skoda have left Maxine to field calls. She is just reading from a script.

It's all a bit shoddy.

After the NCD farce, does anyone have any opinions on other brokers, such as DriveTheDeal.com? On the surface it looks alright, but I don't fancy getting burnt again.

After the NCD farce, does anyone have any opinions on other brokers, such as DriveTheDeal.com? On the surface it looks alright, but I don't fancy getting burnt again.

Any broker which introduces you to the dealer is fine as you have the contract with the dealer. Drive the deal, broadspeed, orange wheels, car wow, car file to name a few.

Just placed an order for an xtrail through drive the deal after my NCD superb fell though. Dealer phoned me back after a few hours and all paperwork etc completed with them.

If you have the option of the manufacturer finance then you're dealing direct so no risk.

NCD issue was breaking fleet rules. Other discounts not affected.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

After my order with NCD was cancelled I placed an order through Carfile. They introduced me to a dealer and up to this point they've been excellent, very good price, they've kept me up to date with progress and the service has been first rate. 

I've had confirmation that the car is being built in week 31 and should be ready early September, so far so good.

superbs back on NCD

yes,they are indeed, BUT at much reduced discounts,5% less  than other Skoda models,15% compared to 20% and also much less than available via other  " Brokers ",so I doubt  many Superbs will be sold via N C D.  Just goes to prove it was a question of price per vehicle , despite Skoda UK had agreed them. I would not trust Skoda any more.

I still don't understand why people are blaming Skoda. This thread needs to be closed. It's like listening to a line of people smashing their heads against the wall.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 3