DTUK CRD3+ Fitted 0-60 Video inside!

Thought some of you might be interested in my video showing a short 0-60 pull in my DSG TDi truck

Did a comparison video with it running stock last night so will also do another with them side by side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G89ZMFR9no

I must admit that it really pulls now - want to Dyno it to see what it's running both stock and with the box fitted.

Let me know if theres anything you'd like to see while I've got the GoPro mount fitted to my steering column.

• Like 4

the DSG is not upset by engine's torque increase?

Seems OK to me. You can feel it holding back a little bit but TBH i'm not really that bothered by hammering it through the early gears. The big difference is when you get into third and forth. It just doesn't seem to run out of steam.

That's a hell of an improvement to stock! That's must be 1.5 or 2 seconds quicker!

If you get access to your, ahem, private runway again, I'd be really interested to see its in-gear acceleration from, say, 40 or 50 upwards!

Edited by alexbuck

That's a hell of an improvement to stock! That's must be 1.5 or 2 seconds quicker!

If you get access to your, ahem, private runway again, I'd be really interested to see its in-gear acceleration from, say, 40 or 50 upwards!

I'll grab my laptop out - I've got one up too 100 MPH on a local runway. Was trying to hold off until I have videos of it Vs stock but I'll pop that one together for you.

Anyone in the Lincs area that fancies helping me - I'd like to do a head to head video against a stock TDi and also a TSI. 

....- I'd like to do a head to head video against a stock TDi and also a TSI. 

That would be interesting! ;-)

Im not a particular fan of tuning boxes but impressed too. It's probably the only way not having a warranty problem at the dealers.

Does it afect PDF regen or creating anykind of problems?

very impressive, just fitted my pedal box today and ill give it a couple of days then fit the crd3+ to my golf, hope its as impressive

did you try all the settings or just go middle for diddle like a lot seem to settle on anyway?

Im not a particular fan of tuning boxes but impressed too. It's probably the only way not having a warranty problem at the dealers.

Not seen any issues so far but only had it a week. Not seen any more regens or anything as yet. No EMLs or anything to report

very impressive, just fitted my pedal box today and ill give it a couple of days then fit the crd3+ to my golf, hope its as impressive

did you try all the settings or just go middle for diddle like a lot seem to settle on anyway?

Tried all the 3 maps and settled on 2+2 - not been brave enough for +3 as I hear it can cause issues.

Glad you guys like the video - if you an give it a thumbs up on youtube that would be great.

Not bad. They've come a long way have tuning boxes and they seem like a real alternative to a remap.

the DSG is not upset by engine's torque increase?

The way I understand it is that if the DSG is fed too much torque it sends a message back to the ECU telling it to reduce the torque. They're more than capable of running at more than the "limit" anyway.

Not seen any issues so far but only had it a week. Not seen any more regens or anything as yet. No EMLs or anything to report

Tried all the 3 maps and settled on 2+2 - not been brave enough for +3 as I hear it can cause issues.

Glad you guys like the video - if you an give it a thumbs up on youtube that would be great.

what where the differences like, id like it to be linear rather than like an on/off switch, to me this is the only negative thing with these box's, too many choices trial and error lol

I thought it would change the dynamics of the car too much but TBH its just as good. 

Power is still very much the same as standard just improved and pulls harder to the line.

Looks like it actually does 0-60 in 6 seconds going frame by frame on the video. As this is the time where the digital speedo actually changes to 60mph. Amazing improvement compared to the stock times, I bet it feels like a completely different car! I'd place money on it doing sub 6 seconds in the right conditions. 29glche.png

I think it might just sneak into the 5s but the wheel spin really does slow it down. I also think the manual might be a little but quicker too.

Just also remember that they are speedo times and not GPS - not sure how far the clocks are out.

Going out shortly so I'll try and find room for a 0-100 and 40 to 100 video. Just hope the farmer has left the gate open again.

• Like 1

You ask and you will receive!

https://youtu.be/ImlpvgzfPro

Bit slower off the line as it really seemed to spin up on the second run. Still gives you a good idea of how it pulls. Enjoy and remember to link etc...

• Like 1

I was taken around Castle Combe racetrack earlier today by a guy in a Fiesta ST with a MountTune MR230 box fitted.

0-62mph in 5.96 seconds (GPS)........I never realised small cars could move that quickly :sweat:

And Ford apparently warranty, and approve, the after-fit?

I was veering towards a Corsa VXR as my next car but now the Fiesta ST is on the list; especially if the warrant isn't voided.

The warranty was the biggest selling point for me. If I ever sell the car I can also sell the tuning box too.

I've already had some interest from someone with a mapped 3 TDI so it will be good to see them go head to head.