vRS TDI so far...

My '16 vRS TDi DSG Estate is 7,500 on from new now. This was out journey at the weekend from South Norfolk to South-West France. Me and two kids plus all our stuff for 2 weeks away, including a lap of Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe :)

2016-08-08%2014.24.53.jpg

• Like 1

Couple of moments this week, now 5,000 miles in. A longer trip down the A303 and some good return on the MPG front compared to usual (I carry a lot in the car weight wise for work), even with some spirited driving at times ;) - see first pic.

Second was a trip taking daughter to a hospital appointment, only to be greeted with the tyre pressure loss indicator across all 4 tyres mid way through the journey in Bath! Admittedly I haven't checked them or set tyre pressure on the car menu since I got the car and think one may have dropped, hence the warning across all 4. Surprised at how high they need to be, but haven't driven a car with 19" alloys before!

Had a nice valet at Cabot Circus and had a couple of people openly say how much they liked the car. Shows how much Skoda have come on as a brand and reputable/desirable manufacturer over the last 10-20 years. Really enjoying the car and so pleased I chose this over the Mazda 6 and Passat GT.

post-141000-0-74544600-1471048230_thumb.jpeg

post-141000-0-56256000-1471048470_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ToffeeMRD
  • Like 1

My '16 vRS TDi DSG Estate is 7,500 on from new now. This was out journey at the weekend from South Norfolk to South-West France. Me and two kids plus all our stuff for 2 weeks away, including a lap of Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe :)

That's a great MPG considering - especially including a lap of Le Mans (Mulsanne straight must have knocked it down some!). Have you seen an improvement in the MPG over time?

It's improved a bit since new, as you might expect. Not hard to see low 60s mooching along an A-road at 45-50 as is often as fast as you can go with traffic.  Loving it though, almost as much as my old M135i, albeit for different reasons.

• Like 1

Have joined the VRS club recently. TDI on a PCH from Simpsons. Love the car already & want to keep it.1st proper run out yesterday & stopped off at the Cat & Fiddle on the way back. Hopefully as you can see.post-37657-0-04624100-1471101783_thumb.jpg

Edited by robygerrard
  • Like 3

It's improved a bit since new, as you might expect. Not hard to see low 60s mooching along an A-road at 45-50 as is often as fast as you can go with traffic.  Loving it though, almost as much as my old M135i, albeit for different reasons.

That's a high bar the M135i, great to hear it's almost as loved - what a car and engine that is!

Have joined the VRS club recently. TDI on a PCH from Simpsons. Love the car already & want to keep it.1st proper run out yesterday & stopped off at the Cat & Fiddle on the way back. Hopefully as you can see.attachicon.gif20160812_210225.jpg

Lovely road that, driven it many times :-) Should be a nice drive in the vRS, in good weather, looking forward to taking mine up there. Got a bad rep for crashes though and the speed limit has been reduced as a consequence  :peek:

Edited by davitc

Received my new dashcam today from eBay - the DDPai M6+. Brilliant delivery and impressed with it so far.

Apple esque box and easy to install and use with an app. USB power lead is hidden better than I thought I could - see pics.

1d652c83ea204bff0db02f05834bd236.jpg

b0fc245acd7cb05d52aacddc4556145e.jpg

5a642e46bcfc8dc0435dba86ecf95507.jpg

Lead is going under lip of fabric before windscreen and down inside side pillar - all done by hand.

72cb3c83603e7183fa11e0c32357056e.jpg

And here's a clip for those interested in the quality. Picture sound is me trying out the single pic via a separate button - records an 11 second clip alongside this. Great for when I see various classic or supercars on my travels.

https://vimeo.com/175965623

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read more on my thoughts so far on my 16 plate vRS TDI here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/402088-vRS-TDI-so-far

I've ordered the same camera. It's coming with a hard wire kit. If I'm brave enough to fit it, I'll let you know how I get on.

• Like 2

Lovely road that, driven it many times :-) Should be a nice drive in the vRS, in good weather, looking forward to taking mine up there. Got a bad rep for crashes though and the speed limit has been reduced as a consequence  :peek:

Yep. 50 mph limit & cameras on there now. In fact I'm a bit concerned I may have fallen foul of one!!!

Brief update for me, just on one of the great roads I drive on fairly regularly. This one is aptly named Zig Zag Hill, just outside of Shaftesbury. Some great Monaco like hairpins followed by some lovely (bar potholes) sweeping roads with fantastic views. Hopefully you can see the images, still unsure how to get them full size in the post.

Must admit a 4x4 would give better power down out of the hairpins!

post-141000-0-00155600-1471384896_thumb.jpg

post-141000-0-11962500-1471384974_thumb.png

Edited by ToffeeMRD

Small things - didn't realise the car had the automatic window open function on the key when you leave it depressed. Also the windscreen wash alert came on today and, much to my annoyance, kept beeping - must have been on the sensor as it didn't give the warning on way home.

Another nice route today with an early drive through Chedder Gorge. Managed 51mpg with a 30 mile drive and 33mph avg speed to Weston Super Mare, happy with that. Will try and upload a video tomorrow of the Gorge. ????

post-141000-0-75059000-1471471063_thumb.jpg

post-141000-0-12860900-1471471083_thumb.jpg

post-141000-0-64085800-1471471101_thumb.jpg

post-141000-0-04635700-1471471117_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've ordered the same camera. It's coming with a hard wire kit. If I'm brave enough to fit it, I'll let you know how I get on.

It's a great camera - love the remote for pics and short videos which can go straight to your smart phone. Using movie maker to edit videos, but not the same quality on YouTube as you get from the camera. Remember to use the app to format the memory card, put a 64gb micro SD in and it didn't work until I did this.

• Like 1

HI, great thread and very valuable as I'm hoping to a get similar as a company car this year. How long did you have to wait when ordering?

I was very lucky to get mine signed off - only standard 2.0tdi on our list, but sent a config for my car and thought 'if you don't ask'.... :)

Signed off on the 24th Feb and delivered 7th June - would have been earlier were I not on holiday the week before and had bank holiday that Monday!

Yep. 50 mph limit & cameras on there now. In fact I'm a bit concerned I may have fallen foul of one!!!

I think you may of noticed a camera on that road, I can only think of by the Cat & Fiddle pub where they would have one, think I remember my friend who lives in Buxton saying they use helicopters sometimes but maybe only when they have a season with a lot of motorbikes though.

I'm always a bit scared of something in the post if I have a moment of enjoyment though  :sweat: . 

Edited by davitc

I was very lucky to get mine signed off - only standard 2.0tdi on our list, but sent a config for my car and thought 'if you don't ask'.... :)

Signed off on the 24th Feb and delivered 7th June - would have been earlier were I not on holiday the week before and had bank holiday that Monday!

Excellent news. The vrs manual is on my list but was concerned about order time. Did you get to spec the car?

I did - this was my config.

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/80091817

Only things changed were heated windscreen (assume not allowed due to replacement cost) and only front heated seats as didn't mean to select the rears too!

Manual over DSG for me all day long!

Edited by ToffeeMRD

Hey ToffeeMRD loving the tread. Would I be right in saying it is a 50l tank, costing around £60-70 to fill up and getting 500-600 miles to a tank depending on proportion of spirited to saintly driving with average mpg between 45-50?

The reason I ask is I am currently getting a fairly stable 30mpg and around 300-330 miles to a tank in my current car and trying to crunch the numbers to see what kind of savings I can make with the increased fuel economy given by the Octavia VRS. Thanks

Hey ToffeeMRD loving the tread. Would I be right in saying it is a 50l tank, costing around £60-70 to fill up and getting 500-600 miles to a tank depending on proportion of spirited to saintly driving with average mpg between 45-50?

The reason I ask is I am currently getting a fairly stable 30mpg and around 300-330 miles to a tank in my current car and trying to crunch the numbers to see what kind of savings I can make with the increased fuel economy given by the Octavia VRS. Thanks

Great question. I'm filling up usually with around 30-50 miles left in the tank (once the warning comes on) and am getting around 420-450 miles before taking those into account. The average spend is around £45-£50 and it's a 50L tank. My old Passat was a 60L+ I think as it took £65-£70 and would see me through for around 500-550+ miles. Saintly driving should easily return 45-50+ mpg (according to the CPU - I'm sure someone will now tell me mine is far less with those figures!). It's always too tempting to open it up however and shoot the MPG down by 2-3 points!! :)