no build date yet, advice please guys

Hi guys and gals,

On the 23rd of May I ordered an Octavia vrs 230 dsg, no extras standard build. 2 days later the factory confirmed my order and deposit, but I still haven't had a confirmed build week, dealer says week 33, but he has said that since the beginning. Surely it's a long time to be waiting for a confirmation?

Appreciate your responses guys and gals

It is normal you wont get a build date until 1-2 weeks before they will actually build it.

I'm not sure what the current average waiting times are for the Octavia but if the dealer suugests week 33 you will probably recieve confirmation around the beginning of august.

The dealer can check the factory system, but until the code changes on there you can't get a confirmed build week. I don't recall the codes but if you check previous posts you will see what they are. Once built you can also get details of the shipment date and what ship it will be on. Then you can check port movements and track the ship. I did all of that and a bit sad I know but what the heck!!

I ordered my Yeti on 15th April.

According to the dealer, it will not be built this side of the factory annual shutdown, so it's going to be a MY17 build.

They reckon I'm going to have to wait till mid August for it to arrive

I ordered my Yeti on 15th April.

According to the dealer, it will not be built this side of the factory annual shutdown, so it's going to be a MY17 build.

They reckon I'm going to have to wait till mid August for it to arrive

INTERESTING!   :think:

We ordered our new Yeti on the 6th of June - Told wait will be 10 / 12 weeks. Expect delivery around 1st of Sept   :clap:

....................Tony

PS: Sorry for hijacking the Octavia thread

Hey guys, thanks for the responses, glad/not glad I'm not the only one who has/is experiencing this wait. The wait will only make driving her that much better tho

All VAG cars built since the beginning of June (week 22) will be MY17.

All VAG cars built since the beginning of June (week 22) will be MY17.

So I take it the shut down is end of May?

Hi guys and gals,

On the 23rd of May I ordered an Octavia vrs 230 dsg, no extras standard build. 2 days later the factory confirmed my order and deposit, but I still haven't had a confirmed build week, dealer says week 33, but he has said that since the beginning. Surely it's a long time to be waiting for a confirmation?

I was told that there is a 3 week shut down in July and starts again in August. From then 12-15 week for Estate and up to 21 week for 230 Hatch. I have been told end of October for a 230 estate with only a few extras. Ordered 24th May.

Order another vRS TDI but this time a DSG with various options at the end of April, was built first week in June so is due at the dealers any time now.

• Like 1

I was told by my dealer I'd be looking at a September delivery,if it is infact October then would I be able to cancel and get my deposit back?

Not unless you made it a specific extra clause on your order form.

Most standard contracts do not make delivery date a binding clause.

An extra month isn't going to allow you to cancel, but something silly like 6+ months extra would as you could argue non-performance of contract. The 3-5 months extra is a grey area and probably would be a mutually agreed solution.

You might have some flexibility to amend (colour, alter options, even upgrade the model etc) upto a certain date when build is locked.

Remember there is a summer production gap from late July to mid August. Can't find anything on this summer but this link about last year will give you the jist.

http://skoda.polbisauto.pl/en/news/2015-07-27-holiday

https://media.skoda-auto.com/en/motorsport/_layouts/Skoda.PRPortal/pressrelease.aspx?ID=894

Edited by SurreyJohn

had a call from my dealer yesterday.

Apparently my Yeti is being built next week

I guess it will probably be another 3 - 4 weeks till delivery, by the time it's transported to the docks, waited for a ship and come out the other side to the dealer?

Hi guys and gals,

This might help, have a read

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/400225-the-230-club-whos-in/

Edited by Auric Goldfinger