Heated Steering Wheel coming in 2017

Dont you ****in know that there is a cold world far north where we actually drive cars in minus 30 deg C ?

I hate the fact that this is coming on the 2017 model, half a year after I bought mine :devil:

Edited by Welsh_kai_boy

What the **** is the point in a heated steering wheel?

They'll have optional heated pedals next

You've never driven a car on a cold day with one. Once you've done that you realise what you've been missing all these years.

Edited by Welsh_kai_boy

I have heated grips on my motorbike and they are wonderful. I'm sure a heated wheel would be great too on cold mornings until the car warms up inside. It would go nicely with my heated seats!

... there is a cold world far north where we actually drive cars in minus 30 deg C ?

I hate the fact that this is coming on the 2017 model, half a year after I bought mine :devil:

+1

This is a picture from my Seat on a fairly cold morning in February.

Would have taken heated steering wheel if possible, luckily my car park is near so I can use the Webasto.

post-143563-0-20045700-1468550189_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I hate driving with gloves but as I live in a cold climate, it is sometimes so cold that the steering wheel feels like burns my hands. So I'd love a heated steering wheel.

This is an image taken a few years ago in my previous car. As it was a diesel and the fuel was rated -32 degrees C, it took a while to start up and for the whole journey it sounded and vibrated like a railway engine.

post-114631-0-06294500-1468560864_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mardu
  • Like 1

I used to have a heated steering wheel in my Z4 and I used it way more often than I used the heated seats. If I could have spec'd it in my VRS, I definitely would have. I had a Corsa hire car for a weekend last year and was surprised to see a heated steering wheel in it! Needless to say, it was the best thing about the car...

• Like 1

+1

This is a picture from my Seat on a fairly cold morning in February.

Would have taken heated steering wheel if possible, luckily my car park is near so I can use the Webasto.

Wear gloves or move closer to equator?

You've never driven a car on a cold day with one. Once you've done that you realise what you've been missing all these years.

That's the point, last January at Munich got a rental Opel Corsa with it... and fell in love completely with it!!

It's bad enough having the 'clock spring' issues. Now another clock spring with heavier wire? On the other hand, I have heated grips on my bike and they are nice in Winter. Hope the heat doesn't reach the air bag squibs.

Chances of a retrofit?

Maybe I could send my car to the Skoda factory and upgrade it to 2017 spec? :D

Heated steering wheel, camera with washer and adaptive suspension..........

I took the rear camera with washer and DCC to mine. And phone box with inductive charger (QI).

All the MY17 thingies I could have. No heated steering wheel available though a month ago.