Best Bluetooth module for Columbus?

Late evening chaps!

I'm on the lookout for the best Bluetooth module or unit (calls and streaming) for my newly acquired Columbus, I have no idea what I need so all suggestions and experiences welcome. I'm looking to purchase asap as I'm hoping to fit the Columbus soon and get everything coded via VCDS, cheers.

Edited by billywhiz040480

Hi mate

In your case as you don't have maxidot you need one that is controls via the Columbus. 5k0 035 730 d (or above) or 7p6 035 730 j (or above) will be one to get and it will work with all phones. You'll need a mic and loom too. It's all pretty straightforward to fit and code.

I don't recognise that one mate, it looks like it could be an older unit.  Stick the part numbers I gave you into ebay.  I think £100 is reasonable including harness these days although I'm not as up on the pricing as I was.

I have a 7P6 unit that works a treat with my Columbus for phone calls and A2DP audio streaming. I don't have Maxidot so everything Bluetooth related is controlled through the Columbus unit.

Picked up my 7P6 unit off ebay and a wiring harness kit from Carsystems.pl

I have a 7P6 unit that works a treat with my Columbus for phone calls and A2DP audio streaming. I don't have Maxidot so everything Bluetooth related is controlled through the Columbus unit.

Great stuff that's exactly what I need because I don't have steering wheel controls either, how much did you pay please?

I paid £36 plus postage for the Bluetooth unit (got lucky here) it's a 7P6035730 E, and about 50 including delivery for the wiring harness and mic.

Edited by ahenners

Great stuff that's exactly what I need because I don't have steering wheel controls either, how much did you pay please?

i am watching this  :p  same as billywhiz no maxidot and no mfsw  etc 

I have one for sale will be at the national meet tomorrow if you want to take a gander.has the loom to.

dont want to jump on the op toes 

you need to delete some messages mate

I paid £36 plus postage for the Bluetooth unit (got lucky here) it's a 7P6035730 E, and about 50 including delivery for the wiring harness and mic.

Wow now that's a great price, fingered crossed I get the same joy, cheers.

It's 7p6 unit with loom came out my 2010 octy.

I'd luv to come to the meet but I can't drive at the moment because of a broken wrist. Price wise what you looking at for the module, harness and mic? Cheers.

Edited by billywhiz040480

Does anyone know if my newly fitted Columbus and Bluetooth module need to be coded together in order for the Bluetooth to show up on the Columbus unit under PHONE? I've tried connecting the Bluetooth to the Columbus but it's not picking it up???

The car needs to be told there's a phone kit fitted, otherwise it won't be able to communicate properly. Also, some phone kits need the Maxidot and MFSW to connect and pair a phone.

Edit: If you have a 7P6 035 730 C module then it's only possible to pair a phone with MFSW and Maxidot, I think. If you don't have these then you can't pair a phone I reckon...

Edited by Rustynuts

The car needs to be told there's a phone kit fitted, otherwise it won't be able to communicate properly. Also, some phone kits need the Maxidot and MFSW to connect and pair a phone.

Edit: If you have a 7P6 035 730 C module then it's only possible to pair a phone with MFSW and Maxidot, I think. If you don't have these then you can't pair a phone I reckon...

I hope not I'll be well annoyed if so coz I've heard different. What module do I need then if I don't have MFSW or Maxidot?

I don't know to be honest. I think the later 7P6 035 730 J onwards are okay, but I'm not an expert on them. There's just too many for my old brain to keep up with I'm afraid, but I'd like to know if you get an answer.

You might need to plug the unit into a car with maxidot connect your phone and then put it back into your car.

Had to do it with my bosses as he didn't have maxidot worked fine after though.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know to be honest. I think the later 7P6 035 730 J onwards are okay, but I'm not an expert on them. There's just too many for my old brain to keep up with I'm afraid, but I'd like to know if you get an answer.

I fitted everything today and it works a treat, no MFSW or Maxidot I just connected through the Columbus unit. Audio streaming via Spotify and calls are brilliant on the upgraded 'Sound System', I'm well happy. It's a pig of a job fitting all the extra cabling behind the unit so I removed the Climate Control panel and moved the harness around to help make some room. You'd never know the car didn't have it as standard!

A bit thank you to Adamal for helping me code everything last weekend your a top fella, don't drink all the Red Stripe at once.