Best Bluetooth module for Columbus?

No problem matey and it's all gone!! What was the pairing process in the end - I know it must have been via the phone but was there any request for a pairing code?

No problem matey and it's all gone!! What was the pairing process in the end - I know it must have been via the phone but was there any request for a pairing code?

Just a pairing code of 1234 and it connected, 0000 didn't work on first attempt.

• Like 1

No Mike, texts only work with RSAP supporting modules.  The 7P6 is a HFP only module.  Texts can only be received when the car takes over the SIM and effectively becomes the phone.

Adam

Mmmm that is a bit odd. It's a while since I had a 7p6 module but I was pretty sure it was hfp only at the time. In the maxidot under the telephone menu settings, there will be a "phone mode" menu if it can be changed between HFP and rSap. Is there?

I was also under the impression that 7P6 units were HFP only.

When connected, does your galaxy have any network signal? If it's working in rSAP mode I'd expect the signal to be zero as the SIM has effectively been removed from the phone.

Does your 7P6 unit have a GSM antenna connection? It's normally a dark purple fakra connector on the BT module.

when im rsap mode the phone shows no signal or battery on the maxidot it also receives no texts or anything else on the phone.

if a text is received it goes to the columbus and can also be viewed in maxidot

Also when in a 3g area a 3g symbol is displayed in top left corner.

if you want to use the internet or any other function on the phone you have to connect the phone to the cars wifi otherwise it has no data connection.

also when its using data it diplays two arrows on the maxidot next to the bt premium and streaming symbols.

the behaviour you describe mike is exactly what happens if my other half uses her phone which is not an rsap phone so connects via standard bt.

id say your phone is not using rsap as the car uses the external aerial too which i know boost the signal quite a lot.

im also using a galaxy s6 phone.

i have to say its a very very good system my only gripe with it is if a text is received it stays on the columbus and maxidot and doesnt go to the phone when disconnected.

Edited by tubbytommy