Adaptive cruise control and Climate control

I've a new monte carlo on order with Adaptive Cruise Control and Climate Control. Has anyone got a fabia with either of these options? If so how do you find they work for you!!?

Cheers

Climate control is excellent. Set a temperature, set unit to 'Auto' and forget it. Good temp control and no misting...and condensation from overnight is cleared very quickly.

I have cruise control...not sure ir it's 'Adaptive' but haven't used it on the Fabia yet. Used to use it on the previous Volvo but not gor 'tound to it on the baby yet. Speed Limiter is good for carefree 30mph etc driving.

As Alltorque.

But "adaptive cruise control"? Sounds like BS for regular cruise control to me.

That I use all the time when out of urban traffic.

Edited by pfaff

I've use the ACC system in a Golf 7. Worked nicely, although it freaked me out a bit as it detected cars infront and slowed all by itself. Very clever tech. 

If it were possible to retrofit into my Fabia, I would do so without a doubt.

If you regularly use conventional cruise control you will appreciate the benefits that ACC brings, especially when you get boxed in an inside lane.

Adaptive cruise control (ACC) isn't regular cruise control nor is it BS. A radar mounted in the front end of the car keeps you a set distance to the vehicle in front and regulates your speed relative to that.

That kind of gadgets in a Skoda Fabia? Hardly. Well everything is possible.

Its not a confusion in terms? ACC is also used for describing the Climatronic.

- but,

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/13/business/tesla-autopilot-fatal-crash-investigation.html?_r=0

Edited by pfaff

Yes they do, Polo and I think Ibiza too.

And as for the auto pilot fatality it's one against how many accidents due to human error?

post-4839-0-84908200-1470672760_thumb.png

Edited by Tech1e

Yes they do, Polo and I think Ibiza too.

And as for the auto pilot fatality it's one against how many accidents due to human error?

Im not really shure Joshua Brown would see it that way if still alive. Modern tech is splendid but never left unsupervised.

Does anybody know if the Adaptive cruise control can be retrofitted on an early 2015 Fabia? I have the front collission warning radar (and standard cruise control with limiter)  already.

can you confirm my understanding of ACC

you set your speed (say 65mph) and it works like normal cruise

if you come up behind someone doing 60 it will slow you down to match their speed

if they then speed up to 70, does your car speed up to 65 you originally set?

and what sort of distance does it keep from the car in front, as on the M25 you have to drive probably a little closer than the system is likely to want to in rush hour traffic or you will constantly keep having cars cut in front of you

also I find the speed limiter function great to 30 / 40 mph zones in town as well as variable speed limits and average speed camera zones out of town

Guest Mikeee324

can you confirm my understanding of ACC

you set your speed (say 65mph) and it works like normal cruise

if you come up behind someone doing 60 it will slow you down to match their speed

if they then speed up to 70, does your car speed up to 65 you originally set?

and what sort of distance does it keep from the car in front, as on the M25 you have to drive probably a little closer than the system is likely to want to in rush hour traffic or you will constantly keep having cars cut in front of you

also I find the speed limiter function great to 30 / 40 mph zones in town as well as variable speed limits and average speed camera zones out of town

I think you can adjust the distance between you and the car in front. Some people at my work have Outlanders with ACC and it ranges from what looks like miles away to audi driver mode.

• 1 month later...

I went for standard cruise control (ACC wasn't yet an option at my point of order) and it does tell me when I'm too close to the car in front, so I'm sure the technology isn't far off ACC with the radar etc. Would be interested to know if it can be retrofitted. I do mostly motorway miles - 500 per week.

I went for standard cruise control (ACC wasn't yet an option at my point of order) and it does tell me when I'm too close to the car in front, so I'm sure the technology isn't far off ACC with the radar etc. Would be interested to know if it can be retrofitted. I do mostly motorway miles - 500 per week.

Have you got the radar unit in the front grill? Or just the standard proximity sensors in the bumper?

Never come across a VAG car with Radar but not ACC

Either way retro fitting ACC would be generally cost prohibitive.

Have you got the radar unit in the front grill? Or just the standard proximity sensors in the bumper?

Never come across a VAG car with Radar but not ACC

Either way retro fitting ACC would be generally cost prohibitive.

Yes I have. Don't have proximity sensors on the front. It's got the city braking feature.

Yes I have. Don't have proximity sensors on the front. It's got the city braking feature.

Ok, got it now.

Seems odd that they give city braking, but not full ACC. Suppose a way of extracting more cash from the options list!

In that case it might be easier if most of the hardware is there :)

Hi, I've got a new DSG estate (wagon in Oz) with ACC. Had it only two weeks, just getting used to it. I've tried the ACC a few times, its great in heavy motorway (freeway) traffic once you get familiar with how it works.

Gives the foot a rest. But I've found I have to concentrate.. maybe that's just while I'm getting used to it

• 1 month later...

I've had ACC on my Golf now for two years, it's light years ahead of the old CC. As said by Meera it's best on heavy motorway traffic though you can use it about town, though I just tend to use the speed limiter rather than ACC. For me it's now a must-have, along with auto lights... Glad to see that at last it's an option on the Fabia Estate...

One small warning, though, if you have a front end shunt it's the most expensive thing to fix as they've got to get the mountings right and then calibrate it which is OK but for which they charge rip-off prices.

Edited by The PM