What's after the fabia vrs

cchaz18

If you want something different look at Mazda 6 mps 2.3 turbo with 4 wheel drive

Good shout, only real downside is the £300 tax bracket ( versus like £140 on something like newer octy vrs ) but they are cheap to buy.

(could be worse though - Mazda RX8 anyone !!!!)

I just hate the idea over 10 years of giving £1500 to the government if I can help it.....why I ditched the 1.4 MPI as the missus car for the newer 1.2htp, I didn't really need to, any buying the other car was more expensive.....but hey ho.

Don't slag the Seat as have a new lease cupra 290 black edition coming in 3-4 weeks time.  Had the VRS for nearly 2 and a half years and done about 33k in it virtually trouble free but really missing a decent petrol engine and the lease deals on these recently have been fantastic.  Have had 2 VRSs now and both have been great and difficult to replace with something which is so cheap and reliable TBH.

• Like 1

If tax is an issue have you looked at a modified glanza? Only a 1.3 turbo but a modified 1 with forged bits can make serious power

It'll cost you a fortune to get 200+bhp and from what I hear when you get up near those figures reliability suffers quite a bit. Seriously rapid though in mildly modded form.

http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/tech/tuning-guides/toyota/starlet-glanza-4e-fte

Edited by theezenutz

Don't slag the Seat as have a new lease cupra 290 black edition coming in 3-4 weeks time.  Had the VRS for nearly 2 and a half years and done about 33k in it virtually trouble free but really missing a decent petrol engine and the lease deals on these recently have been fantastic.  Have had 2 VRSs now and both have been great and difficult to replace with something which is so cheap and reliable TBH.

What was the deal, if you don't mind me asking? Will probably be my next move...although not in the too near future.

Nice choice by the way. Great car.

What was the deal, if you don't mind me asking? Will probably be my next move...although not in the too near future.

Nice choice by the way. Great car.

Just over 6k for a 2 year lease @ 10k miles per annum.  So works out at abut 260 per month.  Seen others saying aprox. 249 per month so i didn't get the best possible.

Seems pretty fair ( at lot of car there ) but from my perspective only have to keep my latest Octy 3 for 4 years to match that deal

( and get to keep the car though it will be about 6 1/2 years old in that comparison ). 

That doesn't bother me though, my Fabia 1 from new is now going on for 10. Worth nothing but it owes me nothing in return.

- Used sale and make it a keeper, for me every time (my Fabia 1 from new for 10 yrs would be about £90 pm and only dropping the longer it keeps running )

In that sense I don't really get PCM's except that the are the right option for some.

Payer yer money takes your choice I suppose, rentals are a good short/medium term option if you hope to keep the car spotless.

Thats powerful, as standard its on a par with the current Octy petrol so should be fun

( though pre modification, Octy offers more mapping potential right out of the box)

- Quiet an old car now so watch out for being thrashed, might want to look for a rarer one owner by a more mature driver if such exist ?

High tax also £300 so be prepared for that also. Otherwise sounds interesting.