Is my alarm siren faulty?

Evening all

Just thought I'd check my alarm out of curiosity to see if it sirens but I'm having no joy.

Sat in the car and locking it via the fob doesn't seem to set the sensors off and I can see on the internal pillar that the alarm sounder tab isn't lit.

That sound right?

Do I have a dead siren or am I missing something here?

It has worked in the past by the way but have had some problems with a garage when they messed up my car after a service. Could they have done something?

The alarm system does take a short while to arm itself, do as above to check the alarm works on the door switches or lock the car with the window down, wait a few minutes and wave your hand inside to check the interior sensors work.

Edited by SuperbTWM

Evening all

Just thought I'd check my alarm out of curiosity to see if it sirens but I'm having no joy.

Sat in the car and locking it via the fob doesn't seem to set the sensors off and I can see on the internal pillar that the alarm sounder tab isn't lit.

That sound right?

Do I have a dead siren or am I missing something here?

It has worked in the past by the way but have had some problems with a garage when they messed up my car after a service. Could they have done something?

How are you locking the car? With a single click of the remote or a double click?

Hi all. Interested in this. Mine works, though the alarm siren has stopped working after checking fuse 35- 20 Amp is OK. Only lights flash so I'm getting new siren.

But what difference does clicking the fob once or twice to lock make?  First time I'v heard of this. ( Also, is a 20amp fuse correct for alarm? Thanks.)

Ok, so checked the alarm today. Locked car via fob with drivers window opened and waited about 30 secs. Waved arms inside and hey presto siren went off.

However, locking car remotely and then unlocking the door via drivers door lock (as Eddie-NL) suggests does nothing.

Unlocking it via the door though makes the alarm system chirp and seems to disarm the system. Unless I'm being thick the only way to test it is either sit in car or do the 'wave through window' trick.

Wasn't doing anything yesterday so will deffo keep my eye and ears on this. Got really paranoid as I had a diesel leak and thought it may have scuppered the alarm. I'm a bit relieved now to say the least.

Ok, so checked the alarm today. Locked car via fob with drivers window opened and waited about 30 secs. Waved arms inside and hey presto siren went off.

However, locking car remotely and then unlocking the door via drivers door lock (as Eddie-NL) suggests does nothing.

Unlocking it via the door though makes the alarm system chirp and seems to disarm the system. Unless I'm being thick the only way to test it is either sit in car or do the 'wave through window' trick.

Wasn't doing anything yesterday so will deffo keep my eye and ears on this. Got really paranoid as I had a diesel leak and thought it may have scuppered the alarm. I'm a bit relieved now to say the least.

If it chrips it appears that unlocking with the key is disabling the alarm so I wouldn't worry, it all sounds ok to me

Your alarm horn is probably dead, get it scanned with vcds to see if there is a fault with it

I had this on my mk5 golf, it would chirp when locked but when unlocked with the key in the door just the indicators would flash

Hi all. Interested in this. Mine works, though the alarm siren has stopped working after checking fuse 35- 20 Amp is OK. Only lights flash so I'm getting new siren.

But what difference does clicking the fob once or twice to lock make?  First time I'v heard of this. ( Also, is a 20amp fuse correct for alarm? Thanks.)

The siren has it's own battery I believe which I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere should be changed every 6 years.  Mine never has as far as I know and still works.  Not sure if the battery is part of the siren and has to be ordered as a complete unit or if just the battery can be changed.

The siren has it's own battery I believe which I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere should be changed every 6 years.  Mine never has as far as I know and still works.  Not sure if the battery is part of the siren and has to be ordered as a complete unit or if just the battery can be changed.

The battery is part of the siren and is one part.

It is possible to replace the batteries, but you have to physically cut open the siren and solder in new batteries.

Not worth the hassle when a new siren with new batteries can be had for £25.

The battery is part of the siren and is one part.

It is possible to replace the batteries, but you have to physically cut open the siren and solder in new batteries.

Not worth the hassle when a new siren with new batteries can be had for £25.

flea bay?   the stealers were approx£160 last time I looked

Your alarm horn is probably dead, get it scanned with vcds to see if there is a fault with it

I had this on my mk5 golf, it would chirp when locked but when unlocked with the key in the door just the indicators would flash

Are you saying then that by me unlocking the car manually after locking it via the fob, the alarm should definitely sound? Sorry, just a tad confused when you say the alarm horn is probably dead. It sounds if I lock the car and sit in it so I'm assuming it can't be the alarm horn or am I missing something here?

I found by locking car using remote control lock button pressed once, with my labrador inside car, with her movement around inside car soon sets off my alarm of..LOL

But to hit remote lock button twice will stop the alarm being triggered off..by the dog inside..

Edited by giandougl

Agree with soft scoop,I got one from Ali express

thanks to a post soft scoop made sod paying dealer and second hand is not worth it

Is this siren from aliexpress an exact replacement? Do you have a link for it please?